Post Ciel team rework

pizzagod13

I recently beat Ciel and I can now go back to most of the region. During my time trapped in the carnival of hell, I realized that my team was kinda weak, like so weak that every boss encounter took like 30+ resets (to be fair I have banned items and am playing on set mode, but still...). SO I am looking for advice on reworking it. I have already picked out 5 pretty good to amazing Pokemon and would like suggestions on a 6th one, or if I should ditch any. The goal is to hopefully create a team that can beat the rest of them game, so I don't have to grind up/EV train more Pokemon.

The team is 

Swampert, Attack/speed EV

Arcanine, Attack/Speed EV

Slyveon, HP/Defense EV

and then I cut Cinncino (yes I really carried this through the entire game), Eelektross, and Mewostic (male) for the following

Beldum (Metagross) Havent decided on EVs yet. 

Rotom (Ice, could change to grass maybe depends on what I need) Havent decided on EVs yet.

I am looking for suggestions on the last Pokemon to add. I am think maybe Altaria or Flygon? I want something that can learn fly for convince at least. Would go with dragonite by I need rock climb for that... Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Before anything else I think you should change your current mon's EVs around. Swampert shouldn't have speed EVs because its base speed is too low. 252 in hp 252 Attack and 4 in special defense work much better. Sylveon as well could see a change in its EV spread. Instead of HP AND Defense maybe go 252 in special attack and then either pick HP or Defense, or split the rest of your EVs between the two. I would say HP is more valuable but it's up to you. 

Metagross can go with many different EV spreads, but for Reborn I would say either a sweeper with 252 in Attack and 252 in speed and 4 spD, or bulky with 252 attack 252 hp 4 spD.

If you're looking for a pokemon that can fly that would suit your team I think there are plenty of options. Crobat, Hawlucha, Honchkrow, and Archeops are some good options. You can definitely go with Flygon but you already have a ground type and without the mega stone altaria is pretty bad at this point in the game.

Since you're playing on Set it's pretty important that you have a pokemon you can always switch into that has massive bulk. Snorlax and Umbreon may fit in well.

You're also missing a fighting type. There's plenty to choose from. Mienshao, Lucario, Scrafty, Conkeldurr, Gallade, etc.

Looking at your team you have

Water/Ground

Fire

Fairy

Steel/Psychic

Electric/Ice

Flying/??

Normal (maybe)

Dark (Maybe)

Fighing (Maybe)

For your team of six I guess it's up to you to choose which mon you want to complete your team but if I were you I would train up at least 10 mons that I could use at any time and switch them in at will.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:54 PM, Taska said:

Before anything else I think you should change your current mon's EVs around. Swampert shouldn't have speed EVs because its base speed is too low. 252 in hp 252 Attack and 4 in special defense work much better. Sylveon as well could see a change in its EV spread. Instead of HP AND Defense maybe go 252 in special attack and then either pick HP or Defense, or split the rest of your EVs between the two. I would say HP is more valuable but it's up to you. 

Metagross can go with many different EV spreads, but for Reborn I would say either a sweeper with 252 in Attack and 252 in speed and 4 spD, or bulky with 252 attack 252 hp 4 spD.

If you're looking for a pokemon that can fly that would suit your team I think there are plenty of options. Crobat, Hawlucha, Honchkrow, and Archeops are some good options. You can definitely go with Flygon but you already have a ground type and without the mega stone altaria is pretty bad at this point in the game.

Since you're playing on Set it's pretty important that you have a pokemon you can always switch into that has massive bulk. Snorlax and Umbreon may fit in well.

You're also missing a fighting type. There's plenty to choose from. Mienshao, Lucario, Scrafty, Conkeldurr, Gallade, etc.

Looking at your team you have

Water/Ground

Fire

Fairy

Steel/Psychic

Electric/Ice

Flying/??

Normal (maybe)

Dark (Maybe)

Fighing (Maybe)

For your team of six I guess it's up to you to choose which mon you want to complete your team but if I were you I would train up at least 10 mons that I could use at any time and switch them in at will.

Alright I will probably try to switch around my EVs again on Swampert. I personally think the Slyveon ones are fine, Slyveon has like no defense so the EVs are kinda needed there or it just gets demolished by any physical attack. As for Metagross Attack/Speed is what I went with. 

I went with Flygon for the fly Pokemon (attack/speed). Might consider an actual flying type if Flygon starts sucking.  Would consider adding Garchomp now that it is available, but without earthquake I am unsure of how good it will be, also it cant fly so there is that too.

Since I am at Titania now, my Arcanine is basically useless in this fight (due to the field) and my Slyveon is also dead weight. So Looks like I am definitely going to need to train some new Mons up. Gonna stick my head in the door to see how stuff goes before doing so.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Edited by pizzagod13