• Psychic
    • Dark
    • Steel
    • Fairy
    • Ghost
    • Poison
    • A nuzlocke of the type with the most votes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/20 at 08:00 PM

Hey there, this is my first time doing a mono run and tbh I'm kinda excited about it but the problem is, I don't know which type to choose for the run so I decided to go here and make a poll about it.😛

Edited by DelRad

err well i did fire,water,grass mono so far cause i cant be bother to put in a starter which is not a starter or not in the list of starters. i would start simple and start with grass mono as there are decent grass types mostly around the early part of the game. flying mono is also fun(doing that atm but stopped halfway cause i want to do prof oak run in reborn instead).

So i voted flying cause its you first mono run and i would start easy.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, Luna said:

err well i did fire,water,grass mono so far cause i cant be bother to put in a starter which is not a starter or not in the list of starters.

Eh? But I've seen other people doing a mono steel run though there's no steel type starters.

steel is possible cause you have piplup as a starter as it evolves into empoleon which is a steel type and you can get trash wormadam and pineco which are steel/bug and decent mons for each badge.  also it depends if you are playing a strict mono run or non strict where thing which evolve into the mono type you are using are allowed. 

There are no starters available for Bug, Electric, Rock, Ice and Normal so you will need to put/modify the starter. Question here is are you playing the game without hacks/mods or with hacks/mods. Ice and rock are basically impossible as there are no ice and rock mons available until you beat julia. Dragon is too crazy hard to do unless you are a mad lad and want to beat julia,florinia, 3 pulse and corey with just a noibat/noivern(technically you can get noivern if you use pick up pokemon as "helpers" to farm up money to spam buy rare candy and common candy down afterwards) heck you even need to solo with noivern until prolly kiki if you get unlucky and not get a mystery egg which is not a dragon and not get turtanator and get heatmor instead. 

So i would remove dragon, rock and ice from the list unless you are willing to hack in a starter which can help. 

19 hours ago, Luna said:

steel is possible cause you have piplup as a starter as it evolves into empoleon which is a steel type and you can get trash wormadam and pineco which are steel/bug and decent mons for each badge. 

ooh that's why.

19 hours ago, Luna said:

Question here is are you playing the game without hacks/mods or with hacks/mods.

I can't hack I don't how to.

All right I'll edit it thanks

• 2 weeks later...

you dont even need to hack, just getting a basic pokemon traded to you to start your journey with one of those types can work too. i know i got sneasel traded to me to begin my ice monotype run which i highly recommend it was challenging but fair. 

Steel seems to be the easiest IMO. Piplup as a starter could be worse and you get early access to things like pineco, klang and wormadam trash as well as adding to your party with stronger mons the further you go in. Sure you wont get stuff like Metagross till like, gym 15 but there's still plenty to use up till then.