Hack Help?

DrakeValentine

Uh... I'm not sure if there's a place for this or if it's even allowed, but why wouldn't it be? but, if anyone knows, can you help me with a hack?

I found a nifty tutorial here about editing the title screen of Pokemon Fire Red and its video iteration here and I thought I followed the instructions to the letter... but apparently not because my first attempt came up with this:

PokemonHorizonTitleScreen_zpsd8b659f3.pn

I discovered that my image wasn't wide enough, so I made it wider, and reinserted my image into a clean rom and this happened:

PokemonFireRed_zps6785d0c7.png?t=1378860

And it won't even let me edit the palette or save any changes I make to the rom in UnLZ.

Can someone help me? I don't understand where I went wrong or how to fix it. I've been trying for hours, but it just isn't happening.

• Administrators

I'll leave the floor open in case anyone has any real solutions, but my advice is this:

Close the program, and run far, far away, get RPG Maker, Pokemon Essentials, and just use that >>

I once tried making a game as a romhack.

>once.

I may be more than a little biased, but RMXP is just about seven million times easier.

I'll leave the floor open in case anyone has any real solutions, but my advice is this:

Close the program, and run far, far away, get RPG Maker, Pokemon Essentials, and just use that >>

I once tried making a game as a romhack.

>once.

I may be more than a little biased, but RMXP is just about seven million times easier.

Haha, thanks XD

I wanted to go straight to RPG Maker with Pokemon Essentials, but if I am correct, it costs money, and I have no iteration of money that would allow me to pay for it.

• Administrators

You can get a free trial version to start.

If you were really crafty you could maybe even turn that free trial version into a free not-so-trial version, but obviously I would never support such a thing, nor would I bother telling you that you would probably just need a quick google search to find how to do that.

That would be unthinkable.

If you were really crafty you could maybe even turn that free trial version into a free not-so-trial version, but obviously I would never support such a thing, nor would I bother telling you that you would probably just need a quick google search to find how to do that.

I totally wasn't not considering that at all...

I like this place more and more every day.

you could try timestop i suppose...I use it to freeze my trial version antivirus on 30 days left, cos those things are darn expensive... :/

but it doesn't work on everything

Or be crafty, and make the trial not a trial... but neither Ame nor I condone that or anything...

• 7 months later...

Chain-trialing, perhaps?

(Oh, and i was planning on making a PMD game based on Reborn. you feeling up to helping me with that, Ame? (We'll Both be Final Bosses, with you being the pokemon you want to be as the Final Boss.))

Edited by K_H

Wait- so this isn't anymore about the ROM hacking? Meh, I was hoping for a real solution because this happens everytime I try to make one.

wait, you're trying to make a ROMHack too? why don't we work together on that one!

wait, you're trying to make a ROMHack too? why don't we work together on that one!

The only thing I can do in that, is mapping, scripting and stats/evolutions/movesets editing, so I don't think I will be much of help. Meanwhile, I have almost no time right now. Best bet is too wait for summer vacation.

Brb making an RPG.

So gonna do this.

• 1 month later...

So uh, idk if it's legit or not to revive this, and it's not really a solution to the question above, but I thought it would be helpful if I just posted this. I found something that allows you to edit the Pokemon sprites in-battle and the icons of the Pokemon very easily. Idk either if it's legit or not to post a link of this tool, so just PM if you want the link.