Char randomly glitched out and is always facing forward now?

theheadty

Hello! So 300+ hours into my play through I noticed my character sprite has become stuck in the facing forward (sprite/animation) at all times. Moving backwards I am still facing forward. Moving left I am basically doing a side shuffle still looking forward. Moving right same thing. Anyways I put my save files in a backup folder and reinstalled the game including patches and still a no go. I think its locked into the save file. But then I went back a few saves (up to an hour+) and the animation is still glitched out. I checked the bugs thread but could not find anything mentioning this exact issue. Hopefully there is a simple way to clear the games cache or something else I missed (maybe a button I pressed that does this). In the end this is not the end of the world but I am 300+ hours in as I said and this is one of those annoying in your face mosquito type of thing. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this could shed some wisdom!?

• 4 weeks later...

Would suggest trying these, in case you are still stuck forwards/backwards as they're general things that could potentially fix this issue as well as when being stuck in general:

A. Go to File Explorer > Saved Games > Pokemon Rejuvenation > Game.exe

- Game.exe should be your most recent safe file which is stuck (unless you have more than save file, in that case it might be something else e.g. Game_2.rxdata)
- Rename it to whatever you want or delete this file (as it's the one with the character sprite being stuck)    TIP: in the event you delete the wrong folder, you can recover it via Recycling Bin (or the Mac equivalent)

- Rename the last save file before that one, it's usually highest number e.g. "Game - 2772 - Loui - 206h 42m - 14 badges" to "Game.exe" as it will become your new save file. 

- This obviously will break the time and space barrier to set your game back to when you last saved previously, hopefully curing you of forward/back curse.

B. Likely not the solution but perhaps try this before (A.): 

- Change the game version to the latest version (V12 as of typing this). Changing to latest version usually helps with this sort of thing.  

Hopefully these help! Good luck!

Edited by Backbone
Edit #1: Grammar
  • Upvote 1