TCG for GBC

Amethyst

• Administrators
...Rather than crowding up Whatcha Doing?

Anyway, let's see...
I started with Bulbasaur and friends, which thanks to beating up Dave a few times, collecting some mail rewards early, and the punching bag known as Imakuni, is already very well off.

Basing it off of one of my real decks, I've made a deck centering around the poison status, the Dark Venom Deck.
It's bi-colored, Grass and Psychic...
Currently, it operates as such:
Nidorino and Kadabra are the main attack force for straight damage, each dealing a clean 50, while
Ivysaur and Tangela power up in the back ranks to use their Poison moves...
In the event of Venasaur, its ability makes it all that much easier to shift energy around from the Poisoners to Nidorino, to set up for
Nidoking, who roars in with a deadly Toxic attack, dealing double poison damage each turn.
And finally, Alakazam's Damage Swap protects the fighters while the enemy is slowly rotting away...

The next addition will be to get my fillers, like Jynx and Mew out, replace with material to build up to Gengar, who's Curse ability can be used to spread the poison damage to the back ranks as well. Yes, I've got this all figured out.
Incidentally, I have plenty of Gengar. It's Haunter that I lack. >.>;

So, anyone else have any favorite decks?

I've been steadily complaining about my TCG experiences in the Whatcha Doing? thread, so I don't need to repeat myself here until I next post. XD

I don't really have any favorite decks/strategies. I just like finding cards that work for me and mashing them together into a deck...Though I haven't done that yet 'cause I'm too lazy. I'll probably have to do it some time soon, though, 'cause it's hard to beat these gym leaders.

PS, I love that we've made a topic for an ancient game like this because we're suddenly all playing it. =D

[quote name='Lara' post='191' date='Jun 14 2010, 11:20 PM']I don't really have any favorite decks/strategies. I just like finding cards that work for me and mashing them together into a deck...[/quote]
Pretty much this when I last played. I may start the game up again sometime soon since that seems to be the thing to do. I may actually come up with some kind of strategy when it comes to that.

[quote name='Lara' post='191' date='Jun 14 2010, 09:20 PM']I don't really have any favorite decks/strategies. I just like finding cards that work for me and mashing them together into a deck...[/quote]
Yeah, this. The TCG is such a straightforward game, I don't see a point in a strategy, really.

So mad at how that battle turned out. I was facing the Psychic club leader. I won 5/6 prizes, he didn't win a single one. We were both entirely out of cards. I just happened to have to draw before he did, so...I lost. Baaaah.