Pickup / recycle and terrain seeds

Akui

Hi guys, long time no see.

I've recently come back to Reborn (again) and started over as usual. And as usual, one of my first acquisitions was an early Pickup Pokémon. You know, discarded Ice cream much?

While team building, however, I've come across some interesting info on Bulbapedia.

Spoiler

At the end of the turn in which another Pokémon used a one-time use item (including throwing an item with Fling or using Natural Gift), a Pokémon with Pickup will collect the item if they are not holding anything. If more than one Pokémon has Pickup or Harvest, the faster Pokémon will restore an item first. If multiple items can be collected, the Pokémon will collect the item most recently consumed.

Does that work in Reborn? If so, does it interact with the seeds some gym leaders use? (I'm looking at you, T.). Does the Pokémon use the seed immediately, terrain permitting?

For that matter, how does this interact with Recycle? Can a Pokémon rack up the seed bonus multiple times?

the recycle method works (pretty strong when using Clefable+Elemental seed+Misty Terrain+Recycle -> constantly increase SpDef and 100% heal)

so I would assume that Pickup works as well