Weird Error

ColcChrisFiles

In this case, let me see if my Spork 8 file has Map358.

btw, you haven’t tampered with the Data folder, have you?

(This map is crucial for the badge)

Edit: Giggly Grassland's Map ID is 262. Map 358 is Petilil Prairie.

It seems that you're missing this map. Try downloading this map and drag this file onto the Data folder of Spork 8 and load the game.

Map358.rxdata

• Global Mods

It seems like Petilil Prairie is somehow missing from your game. I've attached the Petilil Prairie maps in this post, they go in the Data folder. 

I'm not sure how the map could have went missing as this has never been reported before. I've also been to the Giggly Grasslands and Petilil Prairie a few times today and yesterday and everything was okay. Is it possible you could have somehow deleted the map accidentally?

Map358.rxdata Map359.rxdata Map360.rxdata

• Like 1

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, ColcChrisFiles said:

Hey

So candidly, I downloaded 4.5 from a random site and when I got to the end of it, I updated by patching the new files. Do you think that's why I was missing maps?

-Chris 

It could be possible the files from the old folder and new folder combined if the old folder was kept after downloading the new one, or if files were skipped. I meant to bring this up as another possibility last night but didn't know how to word it

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, ColcChrisFiles said:

Do you happen to have like a list of maps? In case this happens again, I wanna make sure that I have everything (if that makes sense)

For a list of maps it could be difficult to know how to present it, since some areas have more than one map file, and could also take a while to put together as there are currently 380 (going from the highest number in the Data folder). The closest to a list might be the wiki, which has a locations template that can be viewed on the main page. 

If this is helpful, whenever a new episode of a fangame I play comes out, what I do is download the new episode, extract (as a separate folder from the older ep) and play from the new episode folder. The older episode folders I remove from my PC. 

I'm not sure if that's already how you updated, but when you said patched I imagined transferring files from the new to the old or vice versa

• Like 1