What to evolve

Mokoz

You can get more fire stones by mining rocks, save before you mine a rock and keep resetting till you get one. Which one you evolve first depends on what your team needs, my team needed a strong powerhouse type pokemon so I went arcanine instead of training up a ninetails as my fire pokemon, But if your ninetails is drought and the sun doesn't hurt your team go for it, if not and your team needs more offense go for arcanine.

Growlithe. Overall stats are better for a fire type. Its attack and special attack is very high and this is why many people use Arcanine. Go with Ninetails if you are looking for more speed and defense though. And make sure you have all the moves you want for either before using a firestone. They won't learn any more moves once evolved other than Arcanine learning one move (ExtremeSpeed).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arcanine_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

If it's drought ninetails get it, if not then get the Arcanine. I use a ninetails in comp battling and it is vicious, that being said I don't have an opinion on Arcanine, but I do know that he learns extreme speed and he gets flareblitz.

...Flareon.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Anyway, if you want to make a sun team, and Vulpix has its Dream World abiltity, go with Ninetails. If not, Arcanine. There would be no reason to use Ninetails over him...