Eelektross Moveset

Champ10

Recently I have decided to add eelektross to my team as the new electric type, mainly due to his pretty good move pool and decent stats (aside from speed). I only have one dilemma though, and that's whether to run a physical, special, or mixed eelektross. Any items, nature, EVs/IVs would also be welcomed to accompany the move pool, as I  don't mind re-breeding eelektross if I need to. Any suggestions, tips, and answers would be lots of help. Thanks!

Eelektross suffers from having most of it's best moves on the physical side being locked away until the latter half of the game so if you haven't gotten pass the 13th gym then I'd recommend using a Quiet Eelektross since Eelektross doesn't care for Speed and you'll most likely want to use physical moves if you can to abuse Eelektross's higher attack stat with Acid Spray, Discharge/Thunderbolt, Crunch, Wild Charge note that if you really don't feel like just keeping an Eelektrik on your team until it gets Thunderbolt, Acid Spray, or Wild Charge at a higher level than an okay moveset is Charge Beam, Discharge, Crunch, and Acid/Thunder Wave. And your for IVs you should probably try and have decent IVs in Attack and Special Attack and you really don't have to worry about Speed

For later on in the game once you get access to the move tutors and TMs that allow Eelektross to diversify your options grow with three potential sets.

The first is the physical attacker: With Adamant/Brave Nature with moves like: Thunder Punch/Wild Charge, Drain Punch/Brick Break/Superpower, Aqua Tail/ Acrobatics, Fire Punch/Rock Slide although with Rock Slide your going to have to wait until the 17th gym leader so your better off with Fire Punch or Rock Tomb or maybe one of the other moves. For EVs I'd say that max HP, max Attack, and 4 in Defense or Special Defense would work. As for an item if you choose to side with the Magma Gang then Choice Band can be an option as soon as the 14th badge. And later on you get access to the Muscle Band which is also pretty nice, if your running Acrobatics then it might be in your best interest to keep a stash of Flying Gems or to just not hold an item, and Leftovers, Rocky Helmet, and Life Orb all work pretty well for whatever set your using.

For a special attacker your choices are Acid Spray, Discharge/Thunderbolt or both if you want, Flamethrower, Hidden Power if you get lucky, Signal Beam, and or Giga Drain/Grass Knot. Items could include Wise Glasses or Choice Specs, and Leftovers, Rocky Helmet, and Life Orb all still work. And for the Special Attacker the Natures and EVs can be the same with Attack just being traded out for Special Attack.

As for the mixed attacker I'd simply mix and match the moves I've listed above for any given situation and the nature should be either Quiet or Adamant depending on which side has more moves of that kind but if you have 2 moves of each then I'd go with Brave since Eelektross has a higher attack stat. And the item should probably be Life Orb, Leftovers, or Rocky Helmet.

• Upvote 1

Rest of my team is as follows, but keep in mind i'm wiling to switch any move, nature, item, EV's/IV/s, or even pokemon if need be:

Greninja Lv 75
Item: Life orb
Nature: Timid
Surf
Icy wind/grass knot
Extrasensory
Dark pulse

Arcanine Lv 75
Item: Charcoal
Nature: Adamant
Flare blitz
Close combat
Thunder Fang
Extreme speed

Excadrill Lv 75
Item: Air balloon
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Swords dance
Iron head
Earthquake
Rock slide 

Roserade Lv 75
Item: Black Sludge
Nature: Modest
Toxic spikes
Sludge bomb
Giga drain
Hidden power (fire)

Alolan Ninetails Lv 75
Item: Light Clay
Nature: Timid
Auroura veil
Blizzard
Nasty plot
Dazzling gleam

I'd suggest picking up a Conkeldurr although it's not useful against the next two gym leader's it gets access to a nice solid movepool and it can come in handy against Hardy and Titania and with Guts and the Toxic and Flame Orb's being accessible once you head back to Reborn City you can have a strong Physical Attacker with access to good priority moves. Also it's not to hard to get being right in Agate Circus.

• Upvote 1

I pretty much agree with @Champ10, but I'll suggest the Eelektross I use, just in case it works better for you. It's more aimed towards longevity though.
Eelektross
Careful
Maranga berry
232 HP / 8 Atk / 16 Def / 242 Spdef
Coil / Drain Punch / Rock Slide / Fire Punch
With one Coil you get 400 Atk and 300 Def, and the Careful nature + maranga berry, can get you to an astonishing 426 Spdef.
You could sacrifice your coverage Fire punch for a STAB Thunder punch, but I wouldn't recommend it

EDIT: I meant I agree with what @Node15 said