How can I improve my team ?

Clive

Hi folks,

Just a topic here to show you my actual team, which is pretty solid I think, but I wonder if you have advices to improve it even more 🌸

It's basically a Sand offense :

Tyranitar

Item : Smooth Rock

252 EVs in Attack, 182 EVs in HP, 76 EVs in Speed - Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Sand Stream

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Superpower

- Earthquake

Scizor

Item : Life orb

252 Evs in Attack, 252 Evs in Speed - Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Technician

- Bullet Punch

- X-Scissor

- Knock Off

- Superpower

Excadrill 

Item : Groundium Z

252 EVs in Attack, 252 EVs in Speed - Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Sand Rush

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

- Swords Dance

Garchomp

Item : Garchompite

252 EVs in Attack, 252 Evs in Speed - Jolly nature (+ Speed, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Rough skin

- Bulldoze (I want Earthquake so bad)

- Outrage

- Stone Edge

- Poison Jab (is Fire Fang better ?)

Staraptor 

Item : Leftovers

252 EVs in Attack, 252 Evs in Speed - Jolly nature (+ Speed, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Intimidate

- Brave Bird

- Return

- Close Combat

- Fly (I'm waiting for U-Turn)

Gyarados

Item : Leftovers

252 EVs in Attack, 252 Evs in Speed,  Jolly nature (+ Speed, -Sp Attack)

Ability : Intimidate

- Waterfall

- Crunch

- Dragon Dance

- Stone Edge

And that's it !

What's on your mind ?

I think the real problem here is my lack of Special Attack users, since I only use Physical attackers, but I don't really know which one I could replace with.

Here is a screen of all the Mons available or know (EV trained, Good nature, Good set, lvl 95)

Thanks in advance for all your advices !

Love 🌸

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

I say this like every time someone asks for help, i think all of you guys are sick to death of me saying it! (At least i think so):

1. Sylveon: Hits hard, tanks hard, great cleric with Wish and Heal Bell, van be a setup sweeper with Calm Mind, na provides invaluable team support with Misty Terrain, which i think will be very useful against Sapphira, and against Lin's Hydreigon

2. Whimsicott: Prankster is OP. Tailwind support, priority Nature Power, Sleep Powder, sun support, this thing provides invaluable speed control 

3. Some sort of Trick Room user. Since the New World field halves speed for grounded pokemon, you can try to counter it with Trick Room. I highly suggest Carbink for this, since it can learn Explosion, and set up Stealth Rock for even more support.

Overall, i think you have an excellent team, both the main one and the reserve.

Spoiler

But please, for the love of everything that's good and pure. ADD A SYLVEON. Sorry, i just like Sylveon too much, the absolutely best eeveelution

Edited by Gastronely

I'd teach Aerial Ace to Tyranitar and replace your Staraptor. Also Assault Vest is pretty good on TTar although I understand what you're wanting to do with Smooth Rock, I just don't think it's worth it.

You have a lot of recurring moves: 3 Stone Edge, 2 Earthquake + Bulldoze, 2 Crunch 2 Superpower + Close Combat

Means you're missing out on a lot of important type moves like Electric, Fire, Fairy/Ice, Ghost, Psychic

Also suggest getting some status effects to help you or moves like Stealth Rocks.

Are you wanting to build a team to prepare for the next Episode or just to have a well balanced team?

1 hour ago, Gastronely said:

I say this like every time someone asks for help, i think all of you guys are sick to death of me saying it! (At least i think so):

1. Sylveon: Hits hard, tanks hard, great cleric with Wish and Heal Bell, van be a setup sweeper with Calm Mind, na provides invaluable team support with Misty Terrain, which i think will be very useful against Sapphira, and against Lin's Hydreigon

2. Whimsicott: Prankster is OP. Tailwind support, priority Nature Power, Sleep Powder, sun support, this thing provides invaluable speed control 

3. Some sort of Trick Room user. Since the New World field halves speed for grounded pokemon, you can try to counter it with Trick Room. I highly suggest Carbink for this, since it can learn Explosion, and set up Stealth Rock for even more support.

Overall, i think you have an excellent team, both the main one and the reserve.

Reveal hidden contents

But please, for the love of everything that's good and pure. ADD A SYLVEON. Sorry, i just like Sylveon too much, the absolutely best eeveelution

Hi,

Thank you so much for your time, i'm really grateful 🌸

Thanks also for these great advices, I will remember them for sure ! 

(By the way, look at this little baby I just trained, I hope it will make you smile, he is part of the team now 🌸)

Capture 3.PNG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Antho l'Abricot said:

Hi,

Thank you so much for your time, i'm really grateful 🌸

Thanks also for these great advices, I will remember them for sure ! 

(By the way, look at this little baby I just trained, I hope it will make you smile, he is part of the team now 🌸)

Capture 3.PNG

^-^ it's too precious, I'm so proud!

• 2 weeks later...