Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Best way to raise happiness?

Stiffins

Question

8 answers to this question

Berries lower stats so I would stay away from them. I went to a Salon and spent quite a bit but got happiness/friendship maxed out. Just keep talking to the other lady to see where you are at in happiness/friendship. I believe she mentions trust when it is fully maxed. But if the Pokemon is around the same level as your other Pokemon just leveling up and walking around with it will raise happiness/friendship. Don't let it faint it lowers happiness. Someone might be able to go in more detail than me since I am not sure what gen Reborn follows for happiness/friendship.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friendship

Actually when it is maxed out, she says your pokemon adores you. Salon ladies raise it faster, and no stat loss, but are more exspensive. I use the ladies once or twice, and actually end up using the berries for EV correction more than anything. Burning off unuseful EVs in this game actually help a lot. The happiness gain is just a bonus for me really. XD

Edited by JayDo

Now that the berries cost 1200 each, it's better to use a Salon. At least that's what i found out when i evolved my Buneary. Oh and Common Candy lowers friendship, either by losing a level or being something that doesn't taste good.

• Administrators

Common candy lowers friendship by exactly as much as you gain on a level to prevent people from abusing it for that.

All other candies increase happiness. I think ice cream too? I can't remember if I set that.

maybe not ice cream, that would be too exploitable

What I did to raise Happiness for my Golbat and Riolu, was give them the berry from the department store. Gave Golbat to reduce his base sp.atk and same with riolu....doesn't work anymore since Ame raised the price by 1000 pokedollars more...... Q.Q

Well you just need to think your pokemon is your girlfriend. Give her love by walking with her, give her attention (Meening put her in the first party and let her battle) , give her candy, ice cream :D

• Like 1