About the children in the Orphanage

Evi Crystal

Recalling the most memorable memories in Reborn and I'm starting with the children, because the Sigmund and Saphira thing doesn't leave me alone...

I have some questions question about the conditions in the orphanage and those children, before it was closed due to Sigmund's alliance with Team Meteor?

How did the twins ended up here and how were their lives before their mother died? Why did their change their names from their original ones (Fantasia and Painter are the true names). 

How was the life of the Belrose Sisters there?

And was Sigmund responsible for Saphira drastical change of personality, because I imagine she used to be a sweet and calm person, but he did something more to her than just ETC on her 😞

Did they manage to sneak out and secretly visited in Belrose Mansion, without getting caught at least and returned back in the orphanage?

Wish the fire incident never happened and the Belrose Family could'have adopted the twins😢😢😢

• Upvote 1

I imagine that Saphira had no-one to save her from Connal, and that's why she's so aggressive towards people who hurt her family, and when she's not angry she's... still not happy.

If you choose to not fight Connal at the orphanage and leave Heather in his clutches she acts a lot like Saphira once you break her out of Blake's hut, so I think that Saphira had no-one there for her 🙁

1 hour ago, FriarTruck said:

I imagine that Saphira had no-one to save her from Connal, and that's why she's so aggressive towards people who hurt her family, and when she's not angry she's... still not happy.

If you choose to not fight Connal at the orphanage and leave Heather in his clutches she acts a lot like Saphira once you break her out of Blake's hut, so I think that Saphira had no-one there for her 🙁

Are you sure about that? I fought Sirius in Yureyu and still got the hut cutscene with Heather, but she acted more self aware in my case. Probably branched story

I just remember that if you choose to save her at the orphanage she reflects that she wasn't a good friend to Shelly after you smash her out, and if she isn't saved she's more like 'gotta be stronger so this never happens again'. Each path would've been a learning experience but she seemed so much like Saphira when you don't save her that I thought Saphira went through something similar.

12 hours ago, FriarTruck said:

I just remember that if you choose to save her at the orphanage she reflects that she wasn't a good friend to Shelly after you smash her out, and if she isn't saved she's more like 'gotta be stronger so this never happens again'. Each path would've been a learning experience but she seemed so much like Saphira when you don't save her that I thought Saphira went through something similar.

The difference is, that Saphira had loving parents and was probably normal, before the fire incident.

She was an older teenager, when she was sent to the orphanage, while her sisters were much younger. After so many attempts to save them and getting her broken so many times by Sigmund, she snapped; with guilt eaten her everyday due how she couldn't protect and save her sisters.

I imagine she became so bitter and "insane" because of the hardships and conducted herself into harsh (mental) training, which lasting effects on her (like Bea from PKMS), willing to kill and destroy the ones, who have negative intentions towards her family (best example= killing the grunts in the lake or in the Meteor Base, in case the children were kidnapped).

As for Heather, her mother was killed when she was a baby and had only her father, Corey, as parental guidance, but his nihilistic behaviour and his ways had a very negative impact on her, making her very independent, but same as Saphira- the difference was the age- and isolated. But she had her past's actions reflection and had a great character development during the Ametrine arc.

It's been months, since I finished Ep18 and played the game, so I could forgot something😅

Edited by Evi Crystal
  • Like 1

Yep I see what you mean, Heather and Saphira have each had vastly different lives before moving into the orphanage, Heather with the terrible father that is Corey and Saphira with the full, loving family. And Saphira is way more violent then even not-saved Heather, so she definitely is holding on to some extra trauma than just the shock therapy, like not being able to save her sisters.

Also same here about not playing for awhile, it starts to get difficult to remember specifics after a few months. I did enjoy reading your thoughts as it's awesome seeing what others think about the story.

• Upvote 1