Who is your favorite villian in the pokemon games.

Magus

Favorite Villain   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite main villain in the pokemon games?

• Giovanni
    • Maxie
    • Archie
    • Cyrus
    • N
    • Ghetsis
    • Colress

I'm aware that N and Colress technically become good, but throughout the game they perused their own ambitions, so they count for the sake of this list, the same with Maxie and Archie.

I'm aware that N and Colress technically become good, but throughout the game they perused their own ambitions, so they count for the sake of this list, the same with Maxie and Archie.

Wait... So if you persue your own ambitions you're a villian? I guess everyone is going to hell then. <:/

Cyrus.

A cold-hearted, calculating man with the desire to create his own universe. He didn't care about conquering a region. He didn't care about pitiful things like emotion, and he used the very thing he hated to gather an army of minions.

Cyrus, is what I become when I become truly pissed off.

Even though gen 5 was disappointing game-wise for me, I like how N honestly believes in what he does. The most compelling villains in my eye are those who believe wholeheartedly in what they do as good, even if we don't agree with their agenda.

Edited by Fezzdog

Wait... So if you persue your own ambitions you're a villian? I guess everyone is going to hell then. <:/

What I meant by that was that they wanted something and they didn't care about others. You know like Giovanni using pokemon to make money by illegal means, Maxi using rocket fuel to try to blow a volcano, and using Goudon. Archie Using Kyogre to expand the seas, Cyrus for trying to create a new world and Ghetsis for trying to rule the world. N is on there because he was the main antagonist in pokemon black and white. Hope that clears up any confusion.

What I meant by that was that they wanted something and they didn't care about others. You know like Giovanni using pokemon to make money by illegal means, Maxi using rocket fuel to try to blow a volcano, and using Goudon. Archie Using Kyogre to expand the seas, Cyrus for trying to create a new world and Ghetsis for trying to rule the world. N is on there because he was the main antagonist in pokemon black and white. Hope that clears up any confusion.

N was not the antagonist of Black and White, he was an anti hero, Ghetsis was the antagonist... You should remove him off the list, because as I said, he's not even a villian... -____-"

Also another thing I wanted to point out is, like many anti heroes in media, he is only one in our prespective. If the player were to take the role of N in Black and White, then you would probably see the character (the one that we actually play as) as the anti hero. It's just kind of something interesting to think about... Their are so many people, both in real life and stories with their own outlooks on things. That's the main reason Black and White are my favorite Pokemon games in the main series, because they're the only games that really have that story element in them.

On an unrelated note, when are we going to be able to play as a villian in the Pokemon games? :/

I JUST WANNA STEAL YOUNGSTERS POKEMON AND BLOW UP POKEMON CENTERS, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK NINTENDO?!?!

What? It is? Oh... <:/

Edited by Ackalacka

Cyrus, is what I become when I become truly pissed off.

Pffff... Well, I'm Bat Man when I become truly pissed off. Yeah, me one, you zero. GG son.

<xD

Cyrus is my favorite villian too, no one in any of the games compares to him...

It was hard for me to chose between Cyrus and Colress, but I chose Cyrus in the end because he seemed to have the traits that make him a more dominant villain then Ghetsis or Giovanni. I originally wanted Colress due to him having that sort of anti-hero persona (like N, though N becomes a good guy in the 2nd game) as he is the boss of team plasma, yet is more interested in his own quest for discovering the true potential of pokemon, and even helps the player at certain times. He is a likable character, but as a villain, Cyrus is the more evil antagonist of the games. I mean, he is emotionless, cold-hearted, intelligent, and is seen to be charismatic throughout the story. Even Giratina saw him as a threat, and captures him.

Cyrus is the more evil antagonist of the games. I mean, he is emotionless, cold-hearted, intelligent, and is seen to be charismatic throughout the story. Even Giratina saw him as a threat, and captures him.

This description made Cyrus sound like he is the Hitler of Pokemon (I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing this up)

The vast majority of the pokemon villains left no impact on me. Their team members all had shit pokemon for teams. zubat and rattata all the way!!!

The only villains ever worth mentioning were the top bosses. The admins were only ever really slightly stronger grunts.

Coleress might as well be that scientist who cloned mewtwo for Giovanni for all the dumb shit he does in the name of science.

Gheitsis was just some power hungry maniac that everyone should have seen through and thwarted long beforehand.

N was damaged goods and just a hopeless twat.

Cyrus? I don't even remember Cyrus, really.

Giovanni at least had some class when he lost.

If anything, I prefer the 7 sages over all the others for what they say, especially when you find them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

N for me. He's my favourite pokemon character, alongside Red and Silver-your rival in heart gold/soul silver.

Even though ghetsis manipulated him into thinking that all humans were mean to pokemon, he was only doing what he thought was right. So N for me!!!!!!

Cyrus wanted them souls... actually he didn't want souls at all lol. But he was the best villain, albeit the most underrated and forgettable. A close second is Ghetsis, followed by Giovanni.