Can someone tell me when crobat got so tanky?

CritShot921

So after fighting corey for like the 15th time I decided, wait what if I just roar out the skrelp, and kill the crobat first?

I try this 7 times then the crobat comes out I use spark with my luxray, Watt who I know sucks because he is bold of course, and I use spark, It only does a quarter of corey's crobat's health I sit there dumbfounded at how little damage it does then I get oneshot the next turn by a venoshock which I expected, cause I was poisoned for one, and the corrosive mist field was up so I was screwed either way I manage to get crobat to appear again and this time I think what If I have my meowstic use psybeam on it I try that and it barely does half. then I get oneshot by venoshock again my issue was everyone in my team got oneshot by venoshock like once I was on my 2nd to last pokemon, He was on his last of course his was crobat, I used aqua jet cause it is faster than my entire team It looked to have 10-15 hp I hit the aqua jet which was stab after a swords dance cause he nasty plotted and it did about 5 damage. I then sent out my frogadier and used quick attack I got a crit and it left him with literally one hp. You don't want to know where my laptop almost ended up, (answer: out the second floor window.) is it just me getting minimum damage rolls every time on crobat does the field do something? Or am I just that unlucky?