Pokemon Essentials Gen 8 PBS + Scripts

MegaMew

Gen 8 PBS Files

Hello. Since there are quite a few fan games out on this site, I thought it would be helpful to the creators of fan games to post a few helpful resources here:

PBS.zip

PBS FILES (Don't copy over your current files, but copy the contents within and paste them at the end of your corresponding file, changing numbers as needed.)

Other Useful Thingys:

- A few features are defined here (you must do it yourself)

- Different features are also defined here (again you have to add them yourself)

- Dynamax

Please know that I did not create these, but am rather reposting them here, so that they can be of more use to people. The original site for the PBS files is here.

PLEASE GIVE ALL CREDIT TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MADE THESE!!!

Hopefully these are helpful.

-MegaMew

Edited by MegaMew
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

oye tienes los sprites para pasarlos por favor?

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Smogon's sprite project is still the go-to for the gen 8 sprites; however, there's still a fair amount of stuff missing.

Sidenote: One of the rules is to only post in English.

12 hours ago, Scyl said:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

El proyecto de sprites de Smogon sigue siendo el objetivo de los sprites gen 8; Sin embargo, todavía falta una buena cantidad de cosas.

Nota al margen: una de las reglas es publicar solo en inglés.

sorry I didn't know XD, but do they have sprites from 1 to 8 generation? because the sprites that I have do not match those in the archibo

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, MegaMew said:

Gen 8 PBS Files

Hello. Since there are quite a few fan games out on this site, I thought it would be helpful to the creators of fan games to post a few helpful resources here:

PBS.zip 22.05 kB · 54 downloads

PBS FILES (Don't copy over your current files, but copy the contents within and paste them at the end of your corresponding file, changing numbers as needed.)

Other Useful Thingys:

- A few features are defined here (you must do it yourself)

- Different features are also defined here (again you have to add them yourself)

- Dynamax

Please know that I did not create these, but am rather reposting them here, so that they can be of more use to people. The original site for the PBS files is here.

PLEASE GIVE ALL CREDIT TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MADE THESE!!!

Hopefully these are helpful.

-MegaMew

Where are the scripts for Gen 8. U only mentioned Pbs files.Any one having updated script for gen 8

40 minutes ago, AK 47 said:

Where are the scripts for Gen 8. U only mentioned Pbs files.Any one having updated script for gen 8

The scripts are linked in the post, under the Other Useful Thingys section. You'll have to add them yourself on a case by case basis, with the instructions there.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Toufu Survivor said:

Is it possible to make Gen 8 pokémon available in Reborn with these resources?

You would still need other resources like graphics and you had to edit encounters, trainer's teams and events. Of course the resources that MegaMew posted here are helpful but they don't cover up everything.

9 minutes ago, Raion said:

You would still need other resources like graphics and you had to edit encounters, trainer's teams and events. Of course the resources that MegaMew posted here are helpful but they don't cover up everything.

That's awesome. Is there any tutorial on how to do something like that?

The sprites are available now, and the other things sound doable, I might actually try and make a Gen 8 Reborn!

2 minutes ago, Toufu Survivor said:

That's awesome. Is there any tutorial on how to do something like that?

The sprites are available now, and the other things sound doable, I might actually try and make a Gen 8 Reborn!

This can teach you all the things you need to know. I wish you good luck.