Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Joltik

Regidoof

Question

Hello my dudes. Recently read that there is an event in Peridot Ward at night where you get a 50% chance to find Joltik. They said there is a building where the lights are off and when you go there with a PokeSnack you can find it, though i have been searching every building for about an hour and cannot locate it. Someone said that you might have to go there before Corey's gym and I currently am at the Tauros riding spot. Can someone give me a hint cause i need a strong electric type Pokemon.

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Regidoof said:

Hello my dudes. Recently read that there is an event in Peridot Ward at night where you get a 50% chance to find Joltik. They said there is a building where the lights are off and when you go there with a PokeSnack you can find it, though i have been searching every building for about an hour and cannot locate it. Someone said that you might have to go there before Corey's gym and I currently am at the Tauros riding spot. Can someone give me a hint cause i need a strong electric type Pokemon.

You can't get it anymore. You needed to get it before Corey's gym

There's magenctric, tynamo and a couple other decent electric types though. If you can wait a bit longer you can get Magnemite

So I've played through this game multiple times and I think that some of the strongest early-game electric pokemon are Ampharos and Heliolisk. You can find helioptile on a sunny day atop a building in the Beryl Ward, and you can find a mareep in the Jasper ward from a man in the east side of the town (although I'm not sure if he'll still be there after the pulse is defeated, but it's worth a try.)

Both offer similar power, but you can choose between great speed with heliolisk and great bulk with Ampharos (it tanks more than you think it would and gets cotton guard at some point.) Coverage wise, they don't get a lot of better moves until later levels, but until then electric terrain is obtainable (forget exactly how) and that can be valuable in thwarting the gym leader tactics. Ampharos eventually learns Power Gem, which is nice, and Heliolisk has potential with Surf and Normal STAB. 

I would say Ampharos is overall more useful. However, Electric types generally fall behind in usefulness as the game progresses. The exception to this is Magnezone with the Sturdy ability and Thunder Wave. That's the best available electric type by far.

EDIT: I've actually never used Tynamo/Eelektross before. The ladder would be interesting with its ground immunity and colorful move-pool, but I worry about the speed. Also I think in some cave fields flying/levitating pokemon ecome grounded, so watch out for that. 

Hope this helps!