Caution- I'm dumb. Please help with Rejuv.V12

So I hadn't played Rejuvenation in a while when I fired it up one day and read online that V12 was out. Having 8.1 on my computer, I thought, "Snap, 4 versions behind? Better catch up." So I installed V12 thinking I'd have to start all over from Gearen but to my surprise found my save file waiting for me. The new look is gorgeous, even if battle is a little slow, I'm sure it'll catch up, but a few things were off. I was dropped in the beginning of the Goldenleaf Arc when I'd been in the middle of Narcissa's Gym puzzle- now that's no problem, I'm fine replaying that, but my character avatar is now a girl and that is a tad obnoxious... if I'd picked a more androgynous name I'd probably shrug and go on with it, but "Hayden" is kinda masculine for the pretty blonde on the trainer card.

Main questions- How bad did I screw up? What should I have done differently? Any way I can fix the character sprite and Trainer Card art? Any other problems I'm probably going to experience? Is the beginning of the game different enough from 8.1- Stopped In Our Tracks, that it'd be worth starting over? Can I have multiple save files now? Because in 8.1 I tried to start a new game to refresh on some early story points and without warning me it just overwrote my old game, and I had to do everything up to Sheridan all over again....

Yeah, I love these games but if its not obvious by now I have little to no clue what I'm doing. Some insight would be appreciated. Sorry for the rant.

I can only answer to the "multiple save files" question, and yes, you can. Just go to start up menu and check the bars, there should be one named "Other save files" and an option to create new one, too.

18 hours ago, TheGreenEyedCowboy said:

So I hadn't played Rejuvenation in a while when I fired it up one day and read online that V12 was out. Having 8.1 on my computer, I thought, "Snap, 4 versions behind? Better catch up." So I installed V12 thinking I'd have to start all over from Gearen but to my surprise found my save file waiting for me. The new look is gorgeous, even if battle is a little slow, I'm sure it'll catch up, but a few things were off. I was dropped in the beginning of the Goldenleaf Arc when I'd been in the middle of Narcissa's Gym puzzle- now that's no problem, I'm fine replaying that, but my character avatar is now a girl and that is a tad obnoxious... if I'd picked a more androgynous name I'd probably shrug and go on with it, but "Hayden" is kinda masculine for the pretty blonde on the trainer card.

Main questions- How bad did I screw up? What should I have done differently? Any way I can fix the character sprite and Trainer Card art? Any other problems I'm probably going to experience? Is the beginning of the game different enough from 8.1- Stopped In Our Tracks, that it'd be worth starting over? Can I have multiple save files now? Because in 8.1 I tried to start a new game to refresh on some early story points and without warning me it just overwrote my old game, and I had to do everything up to Sheridan all over again....

Yeah, I love these games but if its not obvious by now I have little to no clue what I'm doing. Some insight would be appreciated. Sorry for the rant.

Hey there! Fan game dev here. I'll try to answer the questions the best I can.

With the trainer card and gender change, what I assume might have occurred was that the ID of a certain playable character was swapped with another. As such, this caused your gender to change due to a data switch between your original character and a new one. Through I haven't thoroughly played through Rejuv myself, I don't think there is an area where you can switch your character but some of the more experienced players might know better.

As for the need to redo segments, pokemon essentials (which Reborn is built upon) creates it's areas in the form of maps which all have their own seperate ID while story elements are contained in the form of events that are triggered through variables or interactions in different event spaces. There is a chance that where you loaded your save had the data overwritten and switched with that of another area, causing your progress to reset. If you look on the forum while downloading a new episode of Rejuvenation, it usually lists a fair few places in game where to not load your save or what I assume to be a corruption will occur. 

Overall, the only real way I see you being able to make up your progress would be to restart your save. Although I hope I was able to help explain some of the finer details of rpg maker as to why this stuff would occur. Sorry for the inconveniences!

Edited by Michael_