Difficulity of the game.

Ousawa

Is it just me or are some parts of the game pretty difficult? I found the second gym pretty hard becouse i only had 3 pokemon and the strict max lvl would be 25. They wer all lvl 28 and it's impossible to beat them with it. So i won with luck. And now i'm at the part where you dubble battle the team meteor admins. And now i can't beat them becouse their pokemon are damn overpowerd. And now i need a pokemon in my team i don't want (Scraggy) And it's pretty boring training in the wild and takes alot of time. I just hate the fact you are forced to use a pokemon you don't want in your team. Maybe a vs seeker would help?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we updated to episode 9, we can buy common candies in Obsidia Ward. Those candies reduce the level of your Pokemon so i guess it can help you. And yeah you won't have your dream team just yet so you have to work a bit with replacements, you'll see later in the game that very few Pokemon can sweep a gym completely.

Edited by Soysauce

Now that we updated to episode 9, we can buy common candies in Obsidia Ward. Those candies reduce the level of your Pokemon so i guess it can help you. And yeah you won't have your dream team just yet so you have to work a bit with replacements, you'll see later in the game that very few Pokemon can sweep a gym completely.

Guess i have to live with that...But it's just unbearable to watch my pokemon downgrade with comon candies....It kills me

well a fire pokemon with 2 others can pretty much destroy florinia. You just need to catch any trubbish and have it set up 2 layers of toxic spikes when foongus is in to take care of cradily. Though she might sight foongus out for some random reason and then your toxic spikes are gone :x

Vulpix, Magby, and a fire starter can do it. I've had to use a fire pokemon though every time I've fought Florinia though since I do rely on small teams like you are as well. If grinding is too slow, get cheat engine and speed up the gameplay

as for dealing with the double battle admin. Focus down the eeveelution side first. Then you can 2v1 the other set of 3 pokes. Pretty much the common strategy for this fight. Using a small team means your levels should be significantly higher like level 30 or so at this point. So you can easily focus down pokes unless you really have a bad early game team (doesn't learn good moves till later)

Edited by Ussi

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you should complain about the difficulty if you choose to play with a handicap. As in not using a full team of six pokemon. Even if you don't like one member, as in the case of Scraggy vs Florinia, you made the decision not to use a pokemon that would have made a battle easier.

Edited by JayDo

Yeah honestly Breloom was the hard one. Other than him she wasn't that bad. Cradily went down easily to Scraggy and my Magby.

Also even though you don't like it why are you NOT using Scraggy? He is sooooo useful you would not believe. Trust me he will be worth it as Scrafty has some serious kick to his attacks *coughhighjumpkickcough*

Can totally udnerstand the problem here. I meant dunno what Ame said but the diffculty ranges from HARD to UNFAIR--

At the start of the game you "only" got 3k Pokdollar and the pokemon you fight are doing too much damage. But that's not the problem since the KI got the main problem I noticed. Like the first fight against Fern that Grass Rival. I got a Treecko because somebody told me that Grass Type starters won't become useless in this pokemon version,so I decided to take my favorite Grass Type starter-- When I first fought him I lost. 2nd time i lost and then I had not rly that much many left. I mean nobody in that goddamn game (story characters & grants don't count like Gym Leaders) give you MONEY. Like "20Pokedollar" or "180Pokedollar" but even in the original game the first trainers give youat minimum "80Pokedollar" and with the time like at level 10-20 it goes like "300-500Pokedollar" and with one fight there I can buy a lil potion. But here I cannot even buy an antidote or an pokeball with it D: Even at the first gym all 10 potions got lost in a fight from 4vs6 (Lv16-18 Pokemon in my team VS Lv13-16 Pokemon). Also the KI is too hard it's always hitting with posion Gas and only 3 out of 18 it does not hit ?! Always or most of the time hitting first with things to paralyze, poising & sleep and pokemon underleveld liek the Electrode and other pokemon with unfair movepools D: Also the chance of getting confused are increased like the chance of getting shinies-- kinda neat but I don't care about "rainbow" pokemon >_>

I meant that this game should be "easy for beginners but even sometimes giving hardcore situations you don't expect". In the state of the episode 9 it was I think it is kinda unbalanced and I hope this even may little things will be changed in the future. I got some ragequit and I'm honest, it rly pissed me sometimes off, I can't always run to the pokemon center and I don't do stuff like this in the original games which is very confortable but here it takes several minutes to recover!

That's my critic for now. But if you "can" ignore these things it's a very originally game with nice textures, music (which sometimes can be annoying but that always canhappen to anybody XD) & an seems-like intresting story so far. Even the dialogue's seem kinda "too hard to be real" but in a good way. Also I liek these events wiht the pokemon that you can find them overall and some pokemon even don't need a fight to joining you which is kidna nice ^-^ Better then the Hidden Hollows and stuff. I rly liek that most pokemon are "unique" or "if youwant it, here's your chance but youonlygot one try" <3

Edited by Korence

Is it just me or are some parts of the game pretty difficult? I found the second gym pretty hard becouse i only had 3 pokemon and the strict max lvl would be 25. They wer all lvl 28 and it's impossible to beat them with it. So i won with luck. And now i'm at the part where you dubble battle the team meteor admins. And now i can't beat them becouse their pokemon are damn overpowerd. And now i need a pokemon in my team i don't want (Scraggy) And it's pretty boring training in the wild and takes alot of time. I just hate the fact you are forced to use a pokemon you don't want in your team. Maybe a vs seeker would help?

Your problems with the game are just a bit in contradiction with the game's purpose itself.

The game is supposed to be difficult, and you're not supposed to have a set team of 6 to use throughout straight away (considering that the leaders may require certain pokemon to beat). Your problem with having pokemon you don't want in your team is caused by two reasons; one, the fact that not all the pokemon have been implemented in the game yet; and two, that the game doesn't really cater to those who want specific teams, due to how wild pokemon show up in the areas.

Can totally udnerstand the problem here. I meant dunno what Ame said but the diffculty ranges from HARD to UNFAIR--

At the start of the game you "only" got 3k Pokdollar and the pokemon you fight are doing too much damage. But that's not the problem since the KI got the main problem I noticed. Like the first fight against Fern that Grass Rival. I got a Treecko because somebody told me that Grass Type starters won't become useless in this pokemon version,so I decided to take my favorite Grass Type starter-- When I first fought him I lost. 2nd time i lost and then I had not rly that much many left. I mean nobody in that goddamn game (story characters & grants don't count like Gym Leaders) give you MONEY. Like "20Pokedollar" or "180Pokedollar" but even in the original game the first trainers give youat minimum "80Pokedollar" and with the time like at level 10-20 it goes like "300-500Pokedollar" and with one fight there I can buy a lil potion. But here I cannot even buy an antidote or an pokeball with it D: Even at the first gym all 10 potions got lost in a fight from 4vs6 (Lv16-18 Pokemon in my team VS Lv13-16 Pokemon). Also the KI is too hard it's always hitting with posion Gas and only 3 out of 18 it does not hit ?! Always or most of the time hitting first with things to paralyze, poising & sleep and pokemon underleveld liek the Electrode and other pokemon with unfair movepools D: Also the chance of getting confused are increased like the chance of getting shinies-- kinda neat but I don't care about "rainbow" pokemon >_>

I meant that this game should be "easy for beginners but even sometimes giving hardcore situations you don't expect". In the state of the episode 9 it was I think it is kinda unbalanced and I hope this even may little things will be changed in the future. I got some ragequit and I'm honest, it rly pissed me sometimes off, I can't always run to the pokemon center and I don't do stuff like this in the original games which is very confortable but here it takes several minutes to recover!

That's my critic for now. But if you "can" ignore these things it's a very originally game with nice textures, music (which sometimes can be annoying but that always canhappen to anybody XD) & an seems-like intresting story so far. Even the dialogue's seem kinda "too hard to be real" but in a good way.

The problem is that the game is not meant to be easy in the first place, nor is it meant to be for beginners'; it's purpose isn't twofold, and it's pretty much for those who are experienced with the pokemon series and want a game where the pokemon mechanics work a little differently.

Regarding the Fern issue; that's partly due to your bad luck of moves missing or them hitting you often (poison gas doesn't even have that low accuracy); which nothing can really be done about; and also, you're going a bit overboard with being confined to the grass starter being your worst nightmare, because unless you're horribly unlucky you should've at least caught something like an Ekans or Trubbish, which can kill anything that isn't Roselia in fern's team. The game isn't trying to be gracious; it's not showering you with free potions; it's testing your knowledge of pokemon and your supplies.

And with the first gym; I admittedly was kinda frightened by it too, but for some reason none of my enemies ever exploded; which kinda confused me, but I guess that's just balancing AI? I dunno.

If you've had trouble with this stuff THIS early, then you're not gonna enjoy the later stages. Hoo boy.

First gym I've beaten using 3-4 pokes always. And usually I had a trubbish to fodder out and set up toxic spikes.

I've been using a set team for 3 different runs and still doing fine. Ok not really set, cause sometimes I abandon old pokes for new ones.. but I don't go back to my old pokes once I get new ones.

Also fern will lose to any fire or flying type you've trained up. Ludicolo or ferrotorn will be your only concerns when fighting him if you lack one of those types.

Edited by Ussi

Why should I caught a Pokemon what isn't unique or I don't like ? I meant one's a snake and the other one is more like a "scumbag" >_> I don't give fault to my Treecko, nor my pokemon they tried their best. But stuff like underleveld over Pokemon like Lance's Dragonite which he had 3 times!! That's really cheap D:

Well I needed 6 tries at the last one I won by pure luck because Ravul my Magby was paralyzed and it stil lwas faster then her last pokemon with Ember.

I hope this game gonna be "easier" to it's challengers. It's not a challenge when it uses the "ultimate" AI like CPU moves AFTER you did your turn-- had this 3 times and I still gonna hate this situation -.-"

I've won too many gym, rival, and boss battles because they choose the wrong attack or didn't even attack me at a crucial turn where i status them after they attack. If anything, i think the AI needs to be harder.

If you plan to get new pokemon later on that's fine, but you have to get an early game pokemon team to at least get you to the point where you get your new pokes to train up. One of the best early game pokes is trubbish for how stupidly fast he is and the amazing support he provides.

Edited by Ussi

Why should I caught a Pokemon what isn't unique or I don't like ? I meant one's a snake and the other one is more like a "scumbag" >_> I don't give fault to my Treecko, nor my pokemon they tried their best. But stuff like underleveld over Pokemon like Lance's Dragonite which he had 3 times!! That's really cheap D:

Well I needed 6 tries at the last one I won by pure luck because Ravul my Magby was paralyzed and it stil lwas faster then her last pokemon with Ember.

I hope this game gonna be "easier" to it's challengers. It's not a challenge when it uses the "ultimate" AI like CPU moves AFTER you did your turn-- had this 3 times and I still gonna hate this situation -.-"

You forget just who this game is built for.

There is a Reborn League on Pokémon Online. In fact, this game is modeled after that league; the Gym Leaders are leaders of that league. The game is dedicated to the PO server.

It's meant to be challenging because of the target audience.

I'm afraid you'll have to step it up. This isn't one of your usual Nintendo games.

Edited by RisingManes

Honestly, this is one of the better games I've played, simply because it's harder. The strategy you're now required to put into your training and battling against AIs is nice for me. That's what makes Reborn so different from another Pokémon game.

I just wanna win fights like I always did. I don't need strategy everytime, I always Bash'em down with Good Attacks ^^ That's what I want-- easy nice and not to much >.< I meant I treid an "PERN" of Sapphire and ended up losing 18 pokemon till champ. Was kinda hard but was worth it ^-^ I just hope in the future there it becomes easier to train pokemon. I mean I really needed to CHEAT some pokemon to train my lil poor Ralts till level 16 from level 13 >_> I hope I don't need to do this every time before I fight the next gym leader :( If it is a need indeed then I think I don't will have fun with this game thou

Edited by Korence

I just wanna win fights like I always did. I don't need strategy everytime, I always Bash'em down with Good Attacks ^^ That's what I want-- easy nice and not to much >.< I meant I treid an "PERN" of Sapphire and ended up losing 18 pokemon till champ. Was kinda hard but was worth it ^-^ I just hope in the future there it becomes easier to train pokemon. I mean I really needed to CHEAT some pokemon to train my lil poor Ralts till level 16 from level 13 >_> I hope I don't need to do this every time before I fight the next gym leader :( If it is a need indeed then I think I don't will have fun with this game thou

This game isn't great because it is harder, but it is definately more fun because of it. I don't think Ame will curb difficulty because one or two people think it is too hard. Reborn's popularity is growing, and asking the designer to change a game because you had to cheat is sort of out of line. You should always be improving, this game's level cap and popular pokemon requiring special catch events is built for this. If you are looking for a game that is meant to be brute forced through, look somewhere else.

Ralts is one of the worst pokemon in the game. Kirlia isn't that far behind. So Ralts/Kirlia HAS to be ahead in levels to be worth anything. Only the final evolution something to write home about (Gardevoir and Gallade), in fact they can CARRY entire gym battles just because of how awesome they are.

Its not needed to grind UNLESS your team has a weakness to that said gym type. (3+ pokes being weak or not doing effective damage to said type)

I love the difficulty. They're Gym Challenges not Gym Walks-in-the-Park.

I also don't see any reason to complain about Florinia when the game gives you so many good pokemon to beat her: Kricketune? Fury Cutter can swipe 3-4 of her pokemon EASY. Trubbish? Acid Spray and anything dies. I don't even need to mention Scraggy and Magby.

If anything, some parts could have added difficulty to them. I found Kiki and Aya to be a bit underwhelming.

Seriously though - one of the best aspects of Reborn, although it has many, is the difficulty. It forces you to think before you act. It forces you to come up with strategies. It forces you to think about what is best for your team.

Edited by Twist

I like this game and it's difficulty. It's the same pokemon game that I love, except it's on the difficulty setting I always wished I could put on the real games. Where you actually can lose to a gym leader. Where you have to train specifically to get that one badge. Where you're encouraged to experience different pokemon than you would normally use and use more than just six. It reminds me of the episode where Pikachu beat Lt.Surge's Raichu. Shit like that is why I play this game and it's nice to have a game that feels this rewarding when you succeed.

The only gym leaders that gave me a lot of trouble were sera and the second gym leader.

For the grass gym leader I just needed to train up a tranquill to deal with the breloom and I was set.

Ironically, I had trained up 4 different pokemon for the gym fight against serra and needed none of them. I ended up beating her with venomoth, blaziken, and skuntank only. I had to make sure to sleep powder every single one of her pokemon, then blaze kick and double kick through them.

Cradily's only attacking move is smackdown

This is why you need a fighting pokemon for it

I already spoke that there isn't really a fighting type pokemon i would like to use. The only 1 i would is a riolu, but he is only available later in the game. So ^_^