Building my first ever team ep 18

Sexy_Angel

Hi! I'm currently doing my first ever run of Pokemon Reborn ep 18 and I would really love some help building my team. As of right now, I have 

M-Marshtomp lvl 20

Water Gun

Mud-slap

Bulldoze

Earthquake

M-Woobat lvl 20

Confusion

Heart Stamp

Gust

Assurance

M-Trubbish lvl 20

Acid Spray

Sludge

Recycle

Toxic Spikes

M-Tynamo lvl 20

Tackle

Thunder Wave

Spark

Charge Beam

F-Cherubi lvl 20

Morning Sun

Magical Leaf

Growth

Leech Seed

M-Kricketot lvl 20

Absorb

Bide

Struggle Bug

Fury Cutter

Looking for helpful advice not "oh just pick your favorite pokemon" as I have no favorites or ones that I like to play with I pick pokemon based on how effective they will be in gyms/trainers/elite four so any advice towards those will be super helpful.

Reborn is a game that personally will help to have a rotation-style team in. Some bold people who've played the game multiple times can try set teams, but personally I'd recommend to have at least a dozen mons so you can reinforce certain typings during certain battles. In canon games, it might be hard to but a frail pokemon with type disadvantage may still pull its weight- in Reborn it gonna get one-shotted bruh.

Early game pokemon are limited, but one suggestion is to get the budew from an event.

Spoiler

Talk to the diva girl a bit north from the pokemon center (iirc) and she'll give you a rose incense (if you haven't fought her, fight her and then talk to her). Then take that rose incense with you to the north part of Peridot during a clear weather (iirc), just following the rails up north should take you where you'll find the budew. I think if you interact with it, it'll jump down to you. Warning: might take a while to evolve, and also don't forget it evolves during the day lol

If you haven't beaten Julia's gym already, you can get a minccino/espurr by paying some money to a guy close to the gym. Soft reset for a male espurr because male meowstic with Prankster is great for setting up defense.

I think that's about it for now 🙂

If your criteria is “effectiveness” then I can recommend some mons that are generally considered to be “high tier” in Reborn. These mons require little to no difficulty in training as they are already strong as is. I’ll only name the ones that you can get early on which are also great candidates even for late game:

1. Diggersby - You can get bunnelby early. Huge Power coupled with a very good moveset and evolves early. A mon who packs a lot of punch.

2. Ampharos - Mareep is also available before Corey I think. One of the best electric types to have. Good bulk with having the move Electric terrain, which turns field effects to your favor.

3. Arcanine - One of the most flexible mons of Reborn. It’s useful to almost every fight and a must-have in a team.

There are plenty more of mons that are viable if you know how to use them. But with these three, you can never go wrong with them. Have fun with your first play through! Just play at your own pace and enjoy every bit of the game.

• Upvote 1