I don't even know

SDesertKicks

Hi Everyone! I have been playing Reborn on and off for the past year and was at the events at ametrine city last week when I decided stupidly that I wanted a new playthrough and deleted my save files after transferring my team over to a new playthrough with sharedbox in the pc. Today I started to regret that, because even though I didn't lose any pokemon or even anything important, I realized how much I had to replay to get back to ametrine. Anyways, I dug around for a bit trying to recover the deleted files from the recycling bin and even installed things like Recuva and Disk Digger to get the files back. Long story short, it didn't work which wasn't too big of a loss, as I just need to replay.

ANYWAYS I just put in previous save data from Pokemon Insurgence for fun, and was surprised to see... that it works! Sorry for my inexperience with placing pics

Interestingly my sprite in game is different from title. It looks like the reborn region is restored, but I only have 8 badges.

I also have interesting items and apparently the newest pokeball too. I went to the grand hall to look at my pc, but then this happened. Going for the OG starter, but apparently I can't choose? Annnnnd then I got screwed over by a glitch and couldn't move from this spot. So I restarted, went in the lapis ward but a battle glitched me out. When I reloaded, the city was back to its filth and I couldn't get past the police. For the third reload, I went to the PC in the lower peridot ward and somehow have a shiny camerupt and hippowdon? Anyways, it's time to get those badges! I left the pokemon center, and starting game dialogue with the old city. The game glitched out again after dialogue, so I rebooted again. Poor Amaria... I felt bad for what's to come so I talked to her. The game glitched again when I battled Cain, so I decided to go up this time. Why did this battle not glitch me out??? I got screwed over again cause the A key didn't work, so I wasn't able to get off my Taurus and get to Vanahen. Daaamn, I really wanted that ninth badge.

But hey, at least I entertained myself and was able to get free shinies. If anyone else can get their save from insurgence to work in Reborn, lmk!

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-TjXYLe7PKUX.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Rri8IvEhshQV.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-liojtAbx4ATscD.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-TXRFsovCcBA7g.jpg

Oh wauw.

It did not work for me actually, i got the error "gamefile is nil".

Maybe it depends on the place where you saved in insurgence or something? Or the maps you've put your games in or something, I have no idea.

I'm thinking of someone who could tell us more about this and how come you were able to open reborn with an insurgence save file.

I'm just curious lol @Walpurgis maybe? Although I feel bad bothering you for not even a problem or bug or something 😅

44 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

Oh wauw.

It did not work for me actually, i got the error "gamefile is nil".

Maybe it depends on the place where you saved in insurgence or something? Or the maps you've put your games in or something, I have no idea.

I'm thinking of someone who could tell us more about this and how come you were able to open reborn with an insurgence save file.

I'm just curious lol @Walpurgis maybe? Although I feel bad bothering you for not even a problem or bug or something 😅

Yeah, as long as the important data (map number and coordinates, settings, pokemon in your party....) corresponds with stuff that exists in reborn this can happen, I guess.
The Gyaradosite being out of place probably means that whatever that pokeball's item ID was corresponds with the Gyaradosite in Reborn and the blank items probably just have no match. The crashes that happened when trying to enter in battle might have been caused by the lack of vs sprites that correspond with your player character settings, that's why important battle with Cain crashed and others didn't (maybe).