Tinkering with in-game sprites for personal use.

RazeArmada

THAT IS... BADASS. Make a male one plawx.

Thanks! They take me a while to do. After I finish mine, which I won't get around to til the end of next week, I'll totally make a male one. Just tell me what you want him to look like, and I'll for sure do it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! They take me a while to do. After I finish mine, which I won't get around to til the end of next week, I'll totally make a male one. Just tell me what you want him to look like, and I'll for sure do it.

OH MY GOD.. -sheds tear- I have an idea of what I want him to look like.

im still working on both sprites, male and female, with the aid of that spriting guide which was awesome. I'd probably go as to change the hero sprites in all of the scenes (battle, overworld, and trainer card)

Ok so, while we were down, I was creating different sprites (trainer card and Vs screen) , and already added them to the game...

2vl1ys5.png2vweh00.png

Ugh, I'm dreading doing the vs sprites. How long did they take you & have you done the back sprites? Show us an in-game screenshot, I'm dying to see how your's turned out!

• Administrators

I've actually done recolors of Silver's sprites for amusement (and to use as an avatar once) since he's like my favorite character and I feel like I used to look a lot like him which is part of why I recolored it as well.

I'll see if I can find them- if I do I'll toss them in here.

EDITv2.0.1
ok this post got really unorganised and the things were kind of outdated so here's trainer sprites:
tuk.pngwz0x.png

And the fixed VS Sprite, with a little resizing help from Ame:

atfn.png

(I mirrored this too so if I were to use it it would be facing the proper directon)

And a special thing that I used as an avatar a while back:

1ejy.png

Can you tell I like Silver?

EDITv21874289472389.0: actually it just occurred to me that we have NONE of the overworld sprites for Silver aside from his walking animation so using any of these would be weird nevermind

Ugh, I'm dreading doing the vs sprites. How long did they take you & have you done the back sprites? Show us an in-game screenshot, I'm dying to see how your's turned out!

To make the Vs mugshot and the front sprite, it took about... 2-3 hours (actually it was about 6 because I was distracting a lot...) and I'm currently doing the In-game sprite (standing still, walking, running, etc.) and then I'll start the back battle sprite...

About the in-ingame screenshots, here they are, but if you haven't played Episode 9 you might spoil it...

Trainer Card

i52kxu.png

Vs ZEL

2zqwpzt.png

Aaaand Vs Noel

2w567ma.png

Ok so, while we were down, I was creating different sprites (trainer card and Vs screen) , and already added them to the game...

2vl1ys5.png2vweh00.png

The jaggies don't bother you at all? They're bothering me a ton. And the resizing isn't perfect either; it needs to be 200%, or you'll have random thin lines.

how do you enlarge the whole image without sacrificing the pixels? i wanted to scale some of the sprites the same with the height of the default ones in-game

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean, but I think you're asking how to resize an image.

Just select the exact dimensions of the image and hit resize, assuming you're using MS Paint. Set it to percentage, then enter 200% to get it twice as large or 50% to shrink it by half.

I have a sprite updaaaate. 1/5 frames of the back sprite... 4 hours later.

xbn86w.png

I changed most things and used Cheren's base since it had a dramatic post compared to Minato Volkner's. Any comments though?

Volkner?

gym8.png

How the hell does he look like...? Nevermind. You're having the same problem with scaling again... just what are you doing for resizing?

For all the people getting a white box around their edited image.

Download paint.net, install it, find the image you want to edit, right click, open with paint.net.

MSpaint doesn't allow transparency.

Edited by Zemoj

So for some reason I've managed to make my overworld sprites transparent, but I can't get my vs screen to become transparent, even though I've used the same method. Can someone please tell me how to do it, or better yet - make it transparent for me? /prettyplease.

Yaaa, I totally stole Charlotte's arm.

post-40459-0-34392900-1375420890_thumb.png