Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

where are heart scales

Shadow-God

Question

the ginormous lack of resources is becoming unbearable to the point where the gyms become virtually unbeatable when they go double battle, anyway i've been in need of heart scales however there seem to be non in the rocks I smash and mine, so where are they and why are they so impossible?

21 answers to this question

First off, impossible is sort of a stretch. Second, Heart Scales are rare in any pokemon game. I don't think I've heard of them being in smashable rocks, but you can occasionally find them by mining. Although, since they are small, finding them is really about luck. Also, from what you're saying, I doubt you are far enough to do this, but Luvdisc usually hold Heart Scales. I have gotten a couple from catching them.

Ive found three by mining rocks so far.

And lack of resources? This game is pretty fair.

First off, impossible is sort of a stretch. Second, Heart Scales are rare in any pokemon game. I don't think I've heard of them being in smashable rocks, but you can occasionally find them by mining. Although, since they are small, finding them is really about luck. Also, from what you're saying, I doubt you are far enough to do this, but Luvdisc usually hold Heart Scales. I have gotten a couple from catching them.

the lack of resources as in not being able to buy revives or hyper potion even though everyone else has them, i'm in the crysolia region and the ice gym leader is near impossible, i've been in need of heart scale for lvl 0 moves. in soul silver you break rocks on a beach for heart scales and scales from marine life should not be in cave rocks because they come off of fish! and are the rocks do not respawn meaning i'm stuck with no heart scales.

Find me one gym leader or trainer that has and uses Revives. This game doesn't want you to rely on how many potions you can possibly buy, because that makes the GameFreak games a joke.

Instead, think about strategy. I had to fight Serra

20+ times, train different Pokemon, etc. before I beat her.

And there's tons of minable rocks. Look for them in caves and the like. If you really have cracked every single one then, and you're at Serra, then you can fish for Luvdisc.

Find me one gym leader or trainer that has and uses Revives. This game doesn't want you to rely on how many potions you can possibly buy, because that makes the GameFreak games a joke.

Instead, think about strategy. I had to fight Serra

20+ times, train different Pokemon, etc. before I beat her.

And there's tons of minable rocks. Look for them in caves and the like. If you really have cracked every single one then, and you're at Serra, then you can fish for Luvdisc.

I've gone onto catching luvdisk in serra *godsend*, every gym leader has hyper potions, buying revives wouldn't make the games jokes they'd lean the odds in favor of the player instead of having to fight heavily strict matches that feel onrails and unsatifying due to one mistake in the plan forcing a SR. my whole team has been improvised thanks to this mechanic.

My strategy for Serra was just, Flamethrower everything...so I feel like I am missing something here. While I am a competitive battler, I don't feel like meta-game strategies are really warranted yet. Now...when when we have to fight that friggen Garchomp again, I might have to train up new team members. This game's draw is, in part, it's difficulty. Would you be posting about the last gym leader if you had just breezed through the game so far? No. Because that would be dull. This game is awesome because the player is meant to be getting better all the way through.

While I did fight Serra, 4 times I believe, I never felt she was impossible. *Probably because of my Honey-Badger (Typholsion) and Calm Mind Yuna (Gardevoir). Spamming hyper potions and revives doesn't seem like fun to me, but if you want to win that way, I see nothing wrong with it. This is just a game, so you are in charge of how much you enjoy it. At the same time, ripping through the game with a Sun Team could also be fun. ^_^

There's a heart scale near the train in the Chysolia Forest (find the train yourself) and the gym leaders are far from impossible if you train more than one pokemon.I beat Serra using my Blaziken (bulk up, double kick/blaze kick) and my Gyarados and if they fainted I still have others to use.

I got roughly 8 heart scales from like 4 rocks bro. Reset and if you really need heartscales you can find 2 and on some rare occasions 3. They are pretty common in rocks. My advise is to save rocks for when you need them instead of just blowing through them, cuz they are limited, but there are also a lot scattered around.

the lack of resources as in not being able to buy revives or hyper potion even though everyone else has them, i'm in the crysolia region and the ice gym leader is near impossible, i've been in need of heart scale for lvl 0 moves. in soul silver you break rocks on a beach for heart scales and scales from marine life should not be in cave rocks because they come off of fish! and are the rocks do not respawn meaning i'm stuck with no heart scales.

Whoa, this game is no joke. I can safely say it is more difficult then Pokemon Pitch Black. Reborn is way more harder then Pitch Black! Right now I'm struggling with the second gym! The hardest part about this game is Pokemon not obeying you for me. This game would be lots easier if it followed the original trade obey rule. So yeah tough shit.

Whoa, this game is no joke. I can safely say it is more difficult then Pokemon Pitch Black. Reborn is way more harder then Pitch Black! Right now I'm struggling with the second gym! The hardest part about this game is Pokemon not obeying you for me. This game would be lots easier if it followed the original trade obey rule. So yeah tough shit.

That's the point. You're supposed to train a variety of pokemon, not just one or two. My starter was always a couple of levels above the cap yet I managed by training other pokemon to rely on. The difficulty depends on the way you're playing.

• Administrators

That's the point. You're supposed to train a variety of pokemon, not just one or two. My starter was always a couple of levels above the cap yet I managed by training other pokemon to rely on. The difficulty depends on the way you're playing.

Basically this. I played when the level cap was higher early on, and when it was lowered Blaziken was stuck at 45 forever; I had Growlithe and Ninetales as backup fire types for that entire time, and then I ran over Serra because I had Ninetales and Blaziken lol

EDIT: Ame has said the mining rocks will be unlimited eventually (or something along those lines), but as of now doing that would make things too easy for anyone who has the time to sit there and get tons of nice things. I currently have seven Heart Scales I don't even need to use and only one or two of them were from wild Luvdisc. They're not rare at all, just small and hard to notice when you're mining. As has been said, save and repeat if you really really need to. Generally I would reset if I didn't get anything but otherwise just take what I get.

My strategy for Serra was just, Flamethrower everything...so I feel like I am missing something here. While I am a competitive battler, I don't feel like meta-game strategies are really warranted yet. Now...when when we have to fight that friggen Garchomp again, I might have to train up new team members. This game's draw is, in part, it's difficulty. Would you be posting about the last gym leader if you had just breezed through the game so far? No. Because that would be dull. This game is awesome because the player is meant to be getting better all the way through.

While I did fight Serra, 4 times I believe, I never felt she was impossible. *Probably because of my Honey-Badger (Typholsion) and Calm Mind Yuna (Gardevoir). Spamming hyper potions and revives doesn't seem like fun to me, but if you want to win that way, I see nothing wrong with it. This is just a game, so you are in charge of how much you enjoy it. At the same time, ripping through the game with a Sun Team could also be fun. ^_^

It is TONS of fun. I love my Sun Team so much <3

Find a heart scale by mining

Catch a Kecleon

Use that heart scale to make the Kecleon remember thief

Steal heart scales from Luvdisc

-__-

.__.

o__o

O__O

You're a genius. (That's you metaphorically opening my eyes to this revelation)

Edited by Nickaboo92

• Administrators

I did the same thing in Fire Red for stealing Focus Bands from wild Machoke c:
Also Covet in RSE for stealing Heart Scales as well- that Kecleon idea's probably best though because there's no Thief TM (I think? I forget) yet and Covet isn't really widespread.

I did the same thing in Fire Red for stealing Focus Bands from wild Machoke c:

Also Covet in RSE for stealing Heart Scales as well- that Kecleon idea's probably best though because there's no Thief TM (I think? I forget) yet and Covet isn't really widespread.

Zizagoon/Linoone can learn Covet by leveling in Gen 4 and 5 too. Also, Headbutt is in the moveset, and you can teach Strength (evolved)/Rock Smash/Cut/(Surf), then you can enjoy free healing items while battling.. Pretty neat HM carrier considering the lack of buyable Hyper Potions. :D

-__-

.__.

o__o

O__O

You're a genius. (That's you metaphorically opening my eyes to this revelation)

Call it repayment for your randomizer picking my name on your youtube channel. lol

-----------------

Of course now the problem is finding luvdisc and also getting ones holding a heart scale. (sooo many basculin in that lake)

Edited by Delhezi

Call it repayment for your randomizer picking my name on your youtube channel. lol

-----------------

Of course now the problem is finding luvdisc and also getting ones holding a heart scale. (sooo many basculin in that lake)

The Basculin are pretty good for training, ~1k XP so you can kill two birds with one stone.

I swear by mining. I found 6 by mining, they're very common.

that is deserving of my like