[SPOILER] Crazy battle

DeltaLogic

So I’ve reached the point in the game where I’m at the glass factory triple battle and I’m having a really hard time getting past it. I can normally make it to the 3rd battle but I then get caught up where I end up getting OHKOed and I can’t revive my team because of this either, here’s my current team:

Sceptile (Lv 88)

Leaf blade

X-scissor

Dual Chop

False swipe (usually for catching shinies)

Charizard (Lv 88)

Flamethrower

Air slash

Ancient power

Dragon pulse

Garchomp (Lv 87)

Bulldoze

Dragon claw

Iron head

Crunch

Gyarados (Lv 88)

Ice fang

Crunch

Aqua tail

Splash (for Z-Splash)

Metagross (Lv 88)

Hammer arm

Stomp tantrum

Meteor mash

Zen headbutt

Tyranitar (Lv 88)

Crunch

Earthquake

Stone edge

Outrage

Everyone but Garchomp and Metagross are traded so Garchomp has to have Exp. Share otherwise lvls get too high but Metagross needs Wide lens to help his moves <100 accuracy.

I’ve got a variety of mons that I can sub in including a high lvl Swampert, Magnezone and Excalivier (Bugsington)

everyone on the main team is either Att or Sp.Att EVed with most having speed except Tyranitar and Metagross who have some defence and hp respectively.

Any advice on who I could swap out or just general advice for this battle would be much appreciated (Also Ik I have no status moves and don’t know if that’s a problem). 

Thanks 😊 

10 minutes ago, DeltaLogic said:

So I’ve reached the point in the game where I’m at the glass factory triple battle and I’m having a really hard time getting past it. I can normally make it to the 3rd battle but I then get caught up where I end up getting OHKOed and I can’t revive my team because of this either, here’s my current team:

Sceptile (Lv 88)

Leaf blade

X-scissor

Dual Chop

False swipe (usually for catching shinies)

Charizard (Lv 88)

Flamethrower

Air slash

Ancient power

Dragon pulse

Garchomp (Lv 87)

Bulldoze

Dragon claw

Iron head

Crunch

Gyarados (Lv 88)

Ice fang

Crunch

Aqua tail

Splash (for Z-Splash)

Metagross (Lv 88)

Hammer arm

Stomp tantrum

Meteor mash

Zen headbutt

Tyranitar (Lv 88)

Crunch

Earthquake

Stone edge

Outrage

Everyone but Garchomp and Metagross are traded so Garchomp has to have Exp. Share otherwise lvls get too high but Metagross needs Wide lens to help his moves <100 accuracy.

I’ve got a variety of mons that I can sub in including a high lvl Swampert, Magnezone and Excalivier (Bugsington)

everyone on the main team is either Att or Sp.Att EVed with most having speed except Tyranitar and Metagross who have some defence and hp respectively.

Any advice on who I could swap out or just general advice for this battle would be much appreciated (Also Ik I have no status moves and don’t know if that’s a problem). 

Thanks 😊 

Do you mind posting your safe file? I always like to look around what pokemon you have to work with in your boxes and then test some strategies with them. I´ll let you know once I find a way that works consistently.

2 minutes ago, DeltaLogic said:

I will do in a few hours when I can get my WiFi up and running, I have access to most Pokemon in the game atm other than half the starters and have put in the grind enough times that one or two more times won’t be an issue if I need a couple of new members

And since you can use z-spash, I assume you have the mega-z ring and access to megas, correct? (When you post your safe file, just quote/mention me, so I get a notification)

With such pokemons the run should be preatty easy.

First of all, you might want to teach will o' wisp instead of dragon pulse on your charizard. He should be a solid lead together with a pokemon able to ohko Marowak after a heat wave chip damage like Gyarados. He will be likely to send in mimikyu, but you want to switch Gyara out and send in Tyranitar and burn the Mimikyu. Sand will kill Ribombee. Now, you can easily focus shelly attacking with one of Charizard and Tyranitar and healing with the other pokemon. You may even run a roost charizard to save healing items but I'm not sure you have to

After having defeated Shelly you just have to kill Cain in a 2v1 battle that should be really easy after a bit of practice

As for Luna, Weavile should be easy with Charizard in your lead bit i recognise you can flinch. That would be sad. However, you really have good pokemon so with Tyranitar and Gyarados you should be able to sweep all of her team. Also, you can spam intimidate to lower Honchkrow attacking power. I wouldn't suggest you to send Tyranitar in face of the mismagius, let another pokemon take the critical hit. You might send Garchomp and suddenly switch to Metagross who will resist well a critical dazzling gleam, than send again Tytar

The final battle should be extremely easy as Clefable is almost useless: focus Serra first, than sweep radomus' team afterwards. Metagross is key in this third game. You should send in Tyranitar at turn 1 to prevent alolan ninetales from setting up the aurora veil that might be a bit nasty. Be ware of the freeze-dry, too. A last suggestion, save one of garchomp and charizard for the metagross and leave alive your Metagross as he is your best out for the Mega Gardevoir

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Your team is MEGA offensive(not particularly fast though.)and there are bunch of pokemon that fills the same role,If i were you though i would certainly sit Sceptile out for this(especially against those ice types).If Magnezone has Sturdy maybe you can use Electric Terrain i don't know,it could help,It's such a godly pokemon.

I would definitely swap one of those Pseudos with Swampert,since he is bulky and have a fantastic defensive typing especially for this battle.
Maybe you can try Trick Room+Escalavier strategy,
Trust me he is very scary in Trick Room teams.
And with it's typing is good against most of the pokemon in those battles.

Edit:Also Wide Guard is your friend.It's ridiculous how many people disregards that move,it's even more useful in Reborn.

Wide Guard Araquanid allowed me to EASILY defeat Hardy below level 80. Man, 20 levels below the Lycanroc. However, I'm a vgc player and I'm used to know how wude guard counters this silly use of rock slide

In case it wasn’t brutally obvious by my all out offensive team, I’ve mostly gotten to this point in the game by bringing pokes which have a type advantage, can outspeed most tanks, hit hard and hit once

Its sort of a “I just kept crawling and it just kept working” kind of thinking tbh

Teach Metagross Bullet Punch to replace Meteor Mash, Stomping Tantrum, or Hammer Arm. (I'd choose Hammer Arm personally).

Lead with it as well since that will allow you to smash Weavile in the second battle and (more importantly) Ninetales in the third. If you can stop that Aurora Veil from going up you are going to have a much easier time.

I'd also drop Sceptile for either poison heal Breloom (with Spore, and Mach Punch) or Aegislash for this battle since Sceptile is just bad against Cain's poison types and the later ice types.

Also, take the Umbreon in the third battle as an oppurtunity to heal up by sending out a Pokemon resistant to Dark moves and revive your Pokemon. Any Pokemon still standing at the end of that battle will be healed.

Update: I’ve managed to do it with this team, Charizard/Gyarados combo carried me most of the way in the double battles, used Tyranitar to stall at the end of the 2nd battle to revive my team and then only the Gardeviour gave me a real problem in the 3rd battle which I just used ALOT of revival herbs and the odd hit here and there to get past

Thank you to all those who helped, much appreciated 😊

P.S. lol yeah, Sceptile wasn’t very useful in these battles but his speed let me get past a couple of the psychic types