EP18 Puzzle

Gast

Spoiler

For the past week or so, every once in a while, I kept trying to solve the infamous Devon "Rubik's/Magic Square" Puzzle. Long story sort, after many failed attempts I can reliably sort everything up until the last two columns and then everything goes to hell. Since this is the last side activity left, I gave in and decided to cheat by following a "tutorial" but to my dismay the number arrangement has changed since the tutorial's release. Every video out there that I was able to find has the old number arrangement. Is anyone aware of an updated video demonstrating the solution? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

29 minutes ago, Gast said:
  Hide contents

For the past week or so, every once in a while, I kept trying to solve the infamous Devon "Rubik's/Magic Square" Puzzle. Long story sort, after many failed attempts I can reliably sort everything up until the last two columns and then everything goes to hell. Since this is the last side activity left, I gave in and decided to cheat by following a "tutorial" but to my dismay the number arrangement has changed since the tutorial's release. Every video out there that I was able to find has the old number arrangement. Is anyone aware of an updated video demonstrating the solution? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you post your save file I can finish it for you. Most likely you are more or less at the solution but need just a couple moves to finish.

28 minutes ago, wcv said:

If you post your save file I can finish it for you. Most likely you are more or less at the solution but need just a couple moves to finish.

Wow, thanks
Here's the puzzle up until the last 2 right-side columns (second to last is almost done). The solution I am going for has   3 4   in the last 2 columns.

5 9

7 2

P.S Had to zip the save file...

Game.rar

Edited by Gast

21 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

If I recall, there are two possible starting positions for the puzzle, depending on a choice you made (I think it is whether or not you have blake the ring).

Actually it's if Saphira was abducted or not

If Saphira wasn't abducted you get the easy puzzle which can be solved in 4 moves.

If Saphira was abducted you get a harder one, which was the one Marcello tested with the bot which made me call this the 5 Million Move Puzzle

The ring determines if it was Ciel or Samson who got Voided.

Ciel if you gave it to Blake, Samson if you didn't

3 hours ago, Gast said:

Wow, thanks
Here's the puzzle up until the last 2 right-side columns (second to last is almost done). The solution I am going for has   3 4   in the last 2 columns.

5 9

7 2

P.S Had to zip the save file...

Game.rar

Kay. I'll be able to look at it in about an hour.

Edit: Done and sent.

Edited by wcv