R.I.P. save file

FElover

In a total idiot move, I accidentally deleted my former reborn save file. I wanted to make a second file to see some of the changes in EP 18, buttttt I didn't rename the file I was advised to, is there any way to recover the former file? 

@sdddf4 I uhh... have no clue what that is ur showing me... and without my tampering with it at all, my rejuvenation file just refuses to be recognized, today has just been awful for my save files. (sorry I'm horrible with computers). 

@FEloverIt's fine. This way should be easier. You should probably check if your file was sent to your recycling bin. If so then you should be able to restore it without much trouble (To restore it left click on it and then right click it).

I don't know what's wrong with your rejuvenation file though. You should probably ask about that in the rejuvenation section.

36 minutes ago, FElover said:

@sdddf4 I uhh... have no clue what that is ur showing me... and without my tampering with it at all, my rejuvenation file just refuses to be recognized, today has just been awful for my save files. (sorry I'm horrible with computers). 

Okay, go into the save file folder for Pokemon reborn. There will an item called "Game", this is the file that the game reads whenever it goes to load up a save. If you have backups there will be other files in there as well. These will have your character's name, badge number, playtime, etc. If one of these matches your old character than all you have to do is rename that file "Game" and you can continue playing the old one. Note that there are a limited number of backups, so if you want two different save files you will need to store your other game's file in another location so it can't be automatically deleted when you hit the max number of backups.

And what do you mean that your rejuvenation file refuses to be recognized?

54 minutes ago, wcv said:

Okay, go into the save file folder for Pokemon reborn. There will an item called "Game", this is the file that the game reads whenever it goes to load up a save. If you have backups there will be other files in there as well. These will have your character's name, badge number, playtime, etc. If one of these matches your old character than all you have to do is rename that file "Game" and you can continue playing the old one. Note that there are a limited number of backups, so if you want two different save files you will need to store your other game's file in another location so it can't be automatically deleted when you hit the max number of backups.

And what do you mean that your rejuvenation file refuses to be recognized?

I can only find the game item that opens up the game itself, not an actual file.

You can go to local diskC. There should be a file with your PCs name. Enter it and there will be a file "saved games". Enter it and you should find Pokemon reborn's file with several saved games with the gym badges. You can rename the one with the most in game time as "game".That should make the game playable with whatever point you saved.

A couple of piece of advice. Shortcut to your User folder by typing %USERPROFILE% into the path/address bar in File Explorer.

http://prntscr.com/kn7951

You can also rename your game file and save it in the same folder. So Game gets renamed Game1 and you won't have to look anywhere else and you won't have to worry about it being deleted. When you're ready to play it again, rename your current Game to Game2 and rename Game1 to Game.

Before: http://prntscr.com/kn79ti

After: http://prntscr.com/kn7a2p