Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Ghastly and Eevee

Monkeeman

Question

Hey I really think the addition of Ghastly and Eevee to my team would really fix up some of the dents. Unfortunately i only know that you get Eevee around that area where the forest is always changing and Ghastly in the wastelands. If anyone could fill me in on the secrets to obtaining these two pokemon i'd really appreciate it.

• Administrators

Back in time can't mess anything up in the long-term, but you're limited to the pattern of whatever week is presently set.

For instance, let's say your week's weather was determiend to be the pattern where it's only clear or windy, with no rain or sun. No matter how far back you go, it won't be rain or sun until that weekly pattern changes, even if last week's pattern did have rain.

• Administrators

Haha, I don't know, that's a really good question actually.

I want this to be the kind of game where you think of something, and you're like, pfft, no way that would work, but I'll check just in case

and then it works.

When I was young, after Crystal had just come out, my friend and I were playing on some playground, and this other kid came up and we began talking about the game. The kid told us how, after you had cleared the Kanto region in Reborn, if you had a Lapras there was a secret way that you could actually travel to the Orange Islands in-game. Needless to say, we were enthralled with the prospect- firstly of the only other region in the anime so far having been accessible- and no less, right under our noses the entire time. And secondly, the fact that it was such a hidden, well-kept secret. It brought a sense of majesty to it. We were in awe.

Naturally, we never found it.

When I found out that I had been lied to, I was a little bit heartbroken. It would have been soooo cool, I thought, but it was just a dream after all.

I want to make a game with secrets like that- that maybe you'll hear it from somebody, and you'll say, hah, no way that works.

But then it does.

Unfortunately, if it only takes a week for people to find those, then... It's not nearly as cool, is it.

Haha, I don't know, that's a really good question actually.

I want this to be the kind of game where you think of something, and you're like, pfft, no way that would work, but I'll check just in case

and then it works.

When I was young, after Crystal had just come out, my friend and I were playing on some playground, and this other kid came up and we began talking about the game. The kid told us how, after you had cleared the Kanto region in Reborn, if you had a Lapras there was a secret way that you could actually travel to the Orange Islands in-game. Needless to say, we were enthralled with the prospect- firstly of the only other region in the anime so far having been accessible- and no less, right under our noses the entire time. And secondly, the fact that it was such a hidden, well-kept secret. It brought a sense of majesty to it. We were in awe.

Naturally, we never found it.

When I found out that I had been lied to, I was a little bit heartbroken. It would have been soooo cool, I thought, but it was just a dream after all.

I want to make a game with secrets like that- that maybe you'll hear it from somebody, and you'll say, hah, no way that works.

But then it does.

Unfortunately, if it only takes a week for people to find those, then... It's not nearly as cool, is it.

Well, to change it up and make it harder, have events that aren't weather based and are based on luck and chance

Damn finally got my Eevee. Did not know weather was the only factor that mattered (that and night time). The cave was really easy but damn i've been trying to figure how to even get there for like 2 days now XD. And finally when i found him it took me 45 mins to get 1 of the 2 natures i was looking at for my future espeon. The pain is finally over though.

It wasn't easy dealing with the railnet puzzle, that thing took me 2 hours to solve on my own.

EL OH EL. Really? It took me 2 minutes to figure out what to do and pretty much completed it in 8-10 minutes tops. Chrysolia was a little harder but I figured out the path in about 3 tries. .-.

However, I never came across an abandoned train but opened the path to finding Eevee. Luck, I guess?

Edited by Joyrich

I'm not really a fan of luck as a factor of Game Desgin... But who knows?

Also, it will make people spend more time in places to make sure they found all of the secrets. And it makes it so other people can't help them and it's completely up to their game and not a set time/weather event.

Well solving that puzzle was a pain in the ass because of the amount of switching and re-adjusting of tracks. It makes it pretty easy to overlook them and this was when episode 8 was just released. Getting through the Chrysolia Forest wasn't that hard, the only thing that held me up was my constant urge to grind up the Gyarados I had with me.

Where is the rail cave? Are you saying this place if further right of the abandoned train where the captain's log is found? Or do we start at the entrance of the Underground Rail net? Could you take a screenshot?

OMG I FOUND EEVEE!! when your in the forest take a path to the rail cave on the right of the forest. when you go in you see rail tracks and one door way on each side of the room. take the path with no rail tracks every room you go in until you get to a room and you see a pokeball on the ground and grab it and you get eevee