The... Common Candy?

Amethyst

That stats will be lowered. It's more for moves and to evolve pokemon.

Ah k. I guess it would be useful for evolving pokemon at lower levels. Does it work with happiness? Like if you de-level a budew when it's near maximum happiness and say it gets to maximum happiness at like lvl 10, could you do that to get a Roselia at a lower level? And if that did happen and it evolved, would it's stats be raised because of it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah k. I guess it would be useful for evolving pokemon at lower levels. Does it work with happiness? Like if you de-level a budew when it's near maximum happiness and say it gets to maximum happiness at like lvl 10, could you do that to get a Roselia at a lower level? And if that did happen and it evolved, would it's stats be raised because of it?

You could do that to a budew. Battle it and raise it's happiness then set it down to a lower level. So yea you can do it. And yes, it would take the stats of a roselia because it's now a roselia. ^_^

You could do that to a budew. Battle it and raise it's happiness then set it down to a lower level. So yea you can do it. And yes, it would take the stats of a roselia because it's now a roselia. ^_^

Interesting. Would make happiness evolution very good early game. Thanks.

But anyway the Common Candies sound pretty awesome along with whatever items you're going to introduce. Look forward to it Amethyst. At the very least they will help trainers evolve pokemon that require happiness much lower level and should help alieviate most of the stress early game.

If I had access to readily available Common candies, I would probably just use them as a much more tedious (and overall worse) version of the Move Relearner, I.E. lowering my pokemon to a certain level so that it can learn a move that I didn't teach it previously, but found out that I need it. Far more useful at earlier levels when Heart Scales are not so readily available.

I remember when my Gyarados tried to learn Rain Dance and I stopped it, and then I had to face Serra. I was face-palming so hard because of how infinitely easier that battle would have been if I had kept Rain Dance on my Gyarados for that battle.

Yay! Thank you thank you! I remember I got lucky with getting two from mining a single rock... which were the only two I got before acquiring the Good Rod. One was well spent on a Scolipede Megahorn. Very useful ^^

Edited by WhiteyMcFly

...So, what if you could just pop a couple common candies when your Combusken hits level 26 before the second gym, and the problem's fixed? No need to worry about over leveling, and the stats are properly reduced so it can't be abused.

I strangely think this is based off of what I said to Ame. I haz a 26 Combusken. I'm before the second gym.

MY COMBUSKEN WANTS TO FEEL 22 GODDAMNIT

• Administrators

You weren't the only one. xP

@ Tetsuma, it's gonna be with the next release, which is coming up soon. With testing time though, it's still longer than a week away though.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea for an occasional 'oops I over leveled moment'...but if people are really that often over leveling then it's kind of their own fault.

I've never had an issue with it.

When I would get close to a cap I would stop using that pokemon and switch to using another one. As a result I have a box of 20 pokemon at lv50.

So it's not hard to avoid the level cap.

post-40133-0-95914000-1374118840_thumb.png

Are you thinking of making them buy-able at the department store or would they be "pickup ability" items?

Edited by Delhezi

• 1 month later...

But there are some people (myself included) that preffer to take it slow and give their pokes better chances to win over leader's pokes by grinding them. Additinally, the first level cap in PR isn't stated anywhere in the game (if I remember it correctly), so it came to as quite a shock, when my Grovyle finally one-shoted Flobot's Carnivine with Fury Cutter when he suddenly de-stacked it with Quick Attack xD Damn you, Flobot!

But there are some people (myself included) that preffer to take it slow and give their pokes better chances to win over leader's pokes by grinding them. Additinally, the first level cap in PR isn't stated anywhere in the game (if I remember it correctly), so it came to as quite a shock, when my Grovyle finally one-shoted Flobot's Carnivine with Fury Cutter when he suddenly de-stacked it with Quick Attack xD Damn you, Flobot!

Actually, you first hear about the level cap from the girl with the Snubbul just after you get your first Pokemon. The first level cap is 20, and I believe that the first gym leader says that it goes up to 25 the next time.

• Administrators

Pokemon don't learn a move from leveling up if they already have it.

I see an exploit, GTS will never be safe because in time it will soon be possible to possess a Level 9 and under Zekrom/Reshiram! D:

THE HORROR

lol'd

I see an exploit, GTS will never be safe because in time it will soon be possible to possess a Level 9 and under Zekrom/Reshiram! D:

THE HORROR

And how THE HECK did you manage that?!

Mmm, details. Do tell, sir, do tell.

I'm asking YOU, WOOWIBIZ

• 2 months later...

First post here, but I wanted to post a warning/glitch with this particular item...

Simply put, you cannot down-level a level 100 pokemon with it. It simply says it would have no effect. Seems the game treats it the same as a Rare Candy.

My issue? I wanted to beat a certain Garchomp that was way above my level right? Well, my Meowth pickup army had gotten me a lot of Rare Candies... I leveled my Gyarados to 100 knowing that it might use ice fang and win me the fight. It did, but to my horror after saving, I could not use the common candy on it...

I'm sadly stuck without my beloved flying water pokemon as it will never listen to me. I know it's my own fault, but I trusted the candies, I trusted them!