Feedback On General Questioning Topics

The Fush

What it says on the tin.

Basically, I wanna hear from you guys about what you think of the specified topics for asking questions here.

Should there be more topics like this for different types of questions? Have they actually been a success?

I wanna know if there's anything I can improve on, even if I'm lazy as hell.

What really ticks me off is that the specified topics cover most, if not all types of questions, and yet there's still a million new threads being started every day regarding individual questions, most of which could easily fit within these topics. That's why I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong here.

• Administrators

It's kind of a double-edged sword.

On one hand, having everything condensed into these topics means fewer random single-use topics.

On the other hand, it also makes answers harder to find, so if a person searching the forum doesn't want to sort through all 19 pages to see if what they were looking for was asked already, they either just : ask it again, making that topic messy and disoraganised, orrrrr make a new topic.

The benefit of having individual topics is it's easier for new people to see if questions have already been asked, and keeps the threads organised if there are further questions on the same matter.

It's kind of a double-edged sword.

On one hand, having everything condensed into these topics means fewer random single-use topics.

On the other hand, it also makes answers harder to find, so if a person searching the forum doesn't want to sort through all 19 pages to see if what they were looking for was asked already, they either just : ask it again, making that topic messy and disoraganised, orrrrr make a new topic.

The benefit of having individual topics is it's easier for new people to see if questions have already been asked, and keeps the threads organised if there are further questions on the same matter.

Could it be possible to start an FAQ on the more notable questions that have been asked since Pokémon Reborn's release?

If a FAQ were to be created then the top questions would probably be how to get Mudkip & Zorua, followed by what do I do next after beating or getting to a certain point in the story, followed by the gym & story puzzles, and how to deal with the level cap.

• Administrators

I don't exactly want to publish the answers to content questions like that. I'd rather see people working together to discover things rather than just looking it up....

The Quests/Pokemon/Item Locations one has become incredibly convoluted. It's hard to find anything in there, as Ame was saying. The solution that comes to mind is to have OP edit the first post in order to show how to get some of the more commonly asked-for Pokemon. That way, people will click on the topic and right in front of their eyeballs is a condensed guide on how to catch Mudkip, as opposed to it being stretched out over 9 pages with other guides on how to get Zangoose and stuff in the middle.

Can we start making general topics on the whole "My team after Episode ______" deal? Just one big, happy circlejerk of showing off teams as opposed to 6 different posts. That would be nice :P

EDIT: It's not that I don't like seeing how other people are playing (I like looking at those posts)! It's just a little bit on the cluttered side :P

Edited by Nickaboo92

Can we start making general topics on the whole "My team after Episode ______" deal? Just one big, happy circlejerk of showing off teams as opposed to 6 different posts. That would be nice :P

EDIT: It's not that I don't like seeing how other people are playing (I like looking at those posts)! It's just a little bit on the cluttered side :P

Or- make a subsection like Troubleshooting and On the Hunt for player profiles. Organization is key!

Edited by AppleJuice