Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Perfect Shinies

IlluminatiTroll

Question

Hello guys,

I'm a beginner in pokemon breeding,(only did 4 5ivs pokemons)and I was asking myself : "How am I supposed to get a perfect (6iv,not 5) shiny pokemon,except being extremely lucky,since 1 stat is random whatever you do ?"Am I missing something  ?

Edited by IlluminatiTroll

3 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, IlluminatiTroll said:

Hello guys,

I'm a beginner in pokemon breeding,(only did 4 5ivs pokemons)and I was asking myself : "How am I supposed to get a perfect (6iv,not 5) shiny pokemon,except being extremely lucky,since 1 stat is random whatever you do ?"Am I missing something  ?

Without destiny Knot it's 2IV taken from parents, 5IVs with a destiny knot still randomized. I tend to take a perfect one I've breed before or someone has traded me and have the 4/5IV pokemon hold the destiny knot ant the other the power item corresponding to one of the missing perfect IVs. it takes time to do but that's what I find for me the best way to do it as

though it is just luck on both parts

Alternatively you can use the karp method and breed and hatch magikarps saving after each one until you get a shiny and replace that last magikarp with the pokemon your breeding that should give you a shiny one

The easiest way to breed any perfect IV 'mons is to have a perfect IV Ditto with a Destiny Knot. But even then its a dice roll to get all those 5 IVs onto the child 'mon. If you're interested in boosting your shiny chances there is an item known as a shiny charm which increases the chances from 1/100 to roughly 1/33. It can be used in breeding. You can get that from an old man in Calcenon City if you've answered no to all of Blakes questions.