EV value calculations

mastacre

So after some (very superficial) testing, it seems like Reborn is calculating EVs based on post-6th gen, and the box trick does not work. Does this mean the only way to force your EV to recalculate is by common candying your pokemon? How are EVs calculated in Reborn?

Not sure if I understand, but maybe this will help. (Spoilers)

Spoiler

In neo-reborn (after you unlock fly and fly back to Reborn) there will be a shop keeper in the Mosswater-Mart that sells items that allow you to reset the EV's a pokemon currently has in a particular stat. You can find him in the peridot ward, just north of mr. Seacrest's house. 

https://imgur.com/a/JllrzFR (note: the shop keepers will only appear during certain times of day, morning/afternoon I think).

https://imgur.com/a/nvCXtQL

Other way is berries from department store. If your current EV is above 100, one use of them will make it 100 EV. Once it is 100 or less, it will reduce 10 every use of berry. If you calculating the price of it, it is about the same with the reset disc after the city renovation.

2 hours ago, mastacre said:

So after some (very superficial) testing, it seems like Reborn is calculating EVs based on post-6th gen, and the box trick does not work. Does this mean the only way to force your EV to recalculate is by common candying your pokemon? How are EVs calculated in Reborn?

The box trick recalculates the pkmns stats based on its current EVs and it stopped working in gen IV or V. 

Reborn uses the same system as the current official games. 

So you don't need a common candy to change the stats. It will change but only because you're lowering the pkmn lvl, once you lvl up again the stats will be the same.

If you want to change the stats of a pkmn, you will have to change its evs by the methods explained earlier.

Hope it helps.

Have fun!

So EVs are calculated after each battle? That doesn't make sense, unless the EV system is different in Reborn. Raising your Speed EV by 25 at level 24 should improve your Speed stat by more than 0, which is my case, and what prompted me to post the question.

49 minutes ago, mastacre said:

So EVs are calculated after each battle? That doesn't make sense, unless the EV system is different in Reborn. Raising your Speed EV by 25 at level 24 should improve your Speed stat by more than 0, which is my case, and what prompted me to post the question.

Exactly!

I just did the test with two brionnes that I got from breeding, they have natures that doesn't affect their speed and their only difference in speed is the 25 Evs:

1.thumb.png.ba70b3c04b334162f8523203f2bb4043.png

2.thumb.png.f2983923bbb17c2f0731cd6f68ae9d46.png

Their speed stat differ by 1, if you apply the formula: speed=(((((2*base+IV+(Ev/4))*lvl)/100)+5)*nature)

For B1: (((((2*50+31+(0/4))*24)/100)+5)*1) = 36.44

For B2:(((((2*50+31+(25/4))*24)/100)+5)*1) = 37.94

The stat is always rounded down if the result is a decimal.