Three Little Birds

Conor

<<<<<< listen while rating!

At A Glance

645-therian.gif186f.gif178f.gif272f.gif212f.gif641-therian.gif

Introduction

Hi everybody! I've been a lot less frequent on the server lately and this absence has prevented me from posting any new RMTs in a while. So, I'm here with my latest team hoping to get some feedback from you all. This team fits my playstyle very well, as it is almost completely offensive, with some of my heavy hitters acting as walls with resistances as well. The name of this RMT was originally to make reference to the 3 therian form birds, but I ended up dropping Thundurus for Xatu, still leaving 3 birds. Please feel free to rate the team, as well as provide any suggestions that you think would help the team out. Well, Let's get started!

Team In Depth

645-therian.gif

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- U-turn

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Hidden Power [ice]

Landorus T is my very reliable lead. His job first turn is quite simple, U-turn out for scouting. He does his job very well thanks to his choice scarf and monster attack stat. Landorus servers as a physical power house on this team mid and late game too. Mid game Landorus does a great job of checking physical powerhouses such as Dragonite, Gyarados, other Landorus etc. with Intimidate. Earthquake Is his main attacking move late game, and Stone edge is to cover flying types that can avoid my earthquake. hidden power Ice is to stop other Landorus as well as gliscor. It doesn't really have enough power to handle those threats in one hit, but If i can bounce back some rocks with xatu, It does more than enough damage.

186f.gif

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Perish Song

- Protect

- Toxic

Politoed here is my weather inducer for the team. Rain isn't all that vital for this team to function, but It definitely helps the team do much better. Politoed also puts a much needed bulky pokemon in the mix. Toxic and Protect are their for toxic stalling. Protect also has a dual function in scouting. Perish Song is to stop set ups. I like the combo of Toxic and Perish song a lot. I like to toxic an opposing set up pokemon, then use perish song, so that they're taking the damage from Toxic, while still having to switch out in 3 turns. protect also helps me stall out that time for perish song.

178f.gif

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Magic Bounce

EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Thunder Wave

- Roost

- Night Shade

Xatu is my hazard stopper. with Magic bounce he can reflect back hazards and statuses. This helps a lot since most of my team is fragile, and therefore can't afford to be taking hazard damage. his move set is pretty standard. U turn is a common theme on this team to keep the momentum going. Thunder wave to cripple set ups. Roost is for recovery and Night shade to do damage when needed.

272f.gif

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Giga Drain

Ludicolo is my late game, swift swim sweeper. Ludicolo has a monster 524 speed with swift Swim, giving him enough speed to out speed any choice threat. I chose to use Surf and Hydro Pump for a couple reasons. first off, Surf has good accuracy, but sometimes doesn't have enough power needed to handle all threats. Hydro Pump has enough power to handle big defensive threats, but not enough accuracy to hit all the time. I thought I would go with the best of both worlds and have them both on the move set. I just had to take out focus blast but that's not big deal since it was only their for ferrothorn and was only a 3HKO on a sp def variant Giga drain is for recovery from life orb damage and can hit those pesky ground/water walls like Gastro and swampert. Ice beam hits dragonz, and dragonz are annoying. Life orb is for a little boost of power since I decided to run Timid over Modest nature, which allows me to out speed choiced genesect.

212f.gif

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch

- Superpower

- Swords Dance

- U-turn

Scizor brings some much needed priority to the team. after a sowords dance his bullet punch is extremely op and can take out many threats late game after hazard damage (assuming that I can bounce some back with xatu.) Superpower is there for filler purposes. I don't know If i should be running pursuit over it or not, but Superpower does help against opposing Scizor. U turn is to keep the momentum going with the rest of the team.

641-therian.gif

Tornadus (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Hurricane

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Sleep Talk

- U-turn

Tornadus is the revenge killer of the team. His Hurricane can come in on 90% of threats in the game, barring maybe ferrothorn and Jirachi. U turn is again to keep momentum if needed. HP grass is to handle threats like gastradon again. Sleep talk is to absorb a spore coming from a breloom in case Xatu goes down. Regenerator makes him the perfect switch in pokemon, because He'll get back his hp right as soon as you call him back.

Few issues with the team:

- Change Xatu's set to this:

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Magic Bounce

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 SDef / 56 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Thunder Wave

- Roost

- Psychic / Future Sight

- U-turn

This will ensure you outrun Adamant Breloom. You also ensure you have enough Defense to take hits when you switch in on Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Sableye, etc, as you reflect their stuff. Rocky Helmet is awesome for your opponent to take extra damage on Physical attacks. I added Future Sight as an option because it looks fun to use on Xatu.

- You're missing 4 EV's on Ludicolo give it to HP. You also don't need both Hydro Pump and Surf on Ludicolo. Better off with Focus Blast.

- Go with Iron Plate on Scizor, so you can bluff CB U-Turns a lot better.

- Go with Focus Blast on Tornadus-T over HP Grass.

As for threats, I can't see how you beat Sub CM Rachi. Lando is the only one that can even attempt to kill Jirachi, but it can't. For example, I Sub when your Lando isn't in. You switch into Lando. You have 2 options. U-Turn, or Earthquake. U-Turn can't break sub and Water Pulse should 2 hit KO Lando should you choose to stay in and Earthquake.

Edited by So Heroic

Pretty much everything heroic said xd

but i would also like to add somestuff!

hydropump-----------> Focus Blast on ludicolo

so that you can hit ferrothorns AND tyrannitar harder and there are not many cases where the power will pay off for the accuracy.

Life orb -------> expert belt on ludicolo

you have very good coverage on ludicolo and you can almost hit every pokemon with a super effective move so why waste hp when you can get extra power for free plus its always annoying to lose a sweeper from life orb. (just a recommendation of corse)

and as heroic already mentioned you are a little weak to cm sub jirachi in rain but other than that not too bad :]

I changed my scizor set, even though this is dead, I thought I might as well post the new one.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Swarm

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Iron Head

- Superpower

- Aerial Ace

- U-turn

oh, and I took heroics suggestions for Xatu, except I kept night shade over psychic/future sight

Nice team as always, I remember you beating me pretty handily with it.

I don't really see how you deal with sun teams though, you lack a solid counter to them. I'd suggest the following: 1) replace Scizor with a dragon type, either dd dnite or cm latias would be my suggestion. This would give you a solid counter to sun teams, and also give you another late-game cleaning option. 2) replace scarf lando with a bulky version: stealth rock/uturn/eq/stone edge. This would allow Lando to take Scizor's place as a bulky pivot, and also you don't have to rely on your opponent to get rocks up. Revenge killer can still be fulfilled by tornadus.

Hope this helps

My humble opinion is a bit late, but better late than never!

• You're going to have a problem with Electric-types, especially when Ludicolo's gone. The first two that come to mind are Thundurus and Zapdos (perhaps Jolteon as well) but a fair amount of them can leave a gaping hole in the team with BoltBeam coverage; Scizor is not going to save you in most cases. I don't know if the Zone or Magneton could fit nicely on the team, but it could nicely improve your team especially considering the coverings-off of its weaknesses.
  • Also, if you lose the weather war, you lose the freaking weather war. While Grass is covered off nicely, Politoed needs better protection than he has. Again, Magnezone and co do well. But you may also want to look at some Electric immunities like Scarf Thundurus-T, that can do reasonably well at taking down threats on sand teams (I'm looking at Tyranitar).
  • Two Water-type attacks is never cool. It's not cool on Kingdra, it's not cool on Ludicolo. That said, Focus Blast is indeed your better option for Ludicolo over...pick one. You can get rid of Hydro Pump, but sometimes you'll miss that extra oomf.

On this one...about an 8.5/10

Very solid team... even though it seems to compare somewhat similarly to mine. :P

I kidd, I kidd.

Immediately while looking at the preface, one thing I noticed is that you only have one Ground type on your team, which means you only have one Pokemon that can effectively take Electric type attacks (considering 3/6 of your team is weak to it, and Ludicolo / Scizor aren't exactly Sp Defensive) . Your Landorus-T is also a scouting set, which means its not bulit to last. When it falls, it falls, and your team will be run into the ground by a Thundurus's Thunder or something in that similar vein. Note that Landorus-T is also not an effective choice on most rain teams due to the prevelance of Water attacks and your team can't exactly take powerful Water attacks very well either.

__

I would also recommend Superpower over HP Ice for Landorus-T. Although HP Ice is useful against Gliscor and dragons, this is a motherfucking rain team. You'll never have a problem with Gliscor (unless it's fucking chaosreaper and his pissy fully speed EV'd Toxic Spikes + SubProtect set) because of a rain-boosted water attack, and Stone Edge takes out dragons just as well, and you outspeed most +1 Dragon Dancers anyway. Superpower is very good for taking out a Tyranitar on Turn 1, although the surprise factor will diminish over time.

I find Xatu a very pitiful Pokemon, Magic Bounce or no. If you have a problem with hazards, I'd recommend just using a spinner--Starmie, Kabutops, etc. could do decently (although this weakens your defensive core). If you still insist on Magic Bounce, I'd recommend Dual Screens Espeon, because it can help with your "frail team" and give Scizor ample time to set up. Or you could simply even forgo using a better special / mixed wall such as Ferrothorn, because you have a lot of problems with taking attacks.

Ludicolo... this has been covered like 30 times already, but 2 water attacks isn't exactly reasonable on Ludicolo due to a lack of coverage and a lack of power. Ludicolo will mostly always need a rain-boosted Hydro Pump to nail any 1HKOs. Therefore, I'd recommend exchanging Surf for Focus Blast for added coverage. It's honestly up to preference, but Ludicolo needs the extra power, but I guess 2 Surfs are better than 1 miss, 1 hit (and not the other way around).

If you're Specs on your Tornadus, I'd recommend using a plain ol' Tornadus for added power and +1 Sleep Talk. Your strategy seems to be keeping your side hazard free, no? Regenerator is the main perk of Tornadus-T, getting rid of SR damage. Unless you absolutely need the extra speed, which I don't think you do (your team can handle Starmie fairly well), I'd recommend Tornadus.

__

So basically, you need a more solid defensive core. You are easily defeated by things that you are not prepared for, such as strong opposing rain and sand teams. It reminds me of my own rain team in some way (sorry for saying that like 30 times, but I'm a narcissistic fuck).

Good luck, and good team.

Edited by Difficult

• 6 months later...