[Rank 1] Ancient Rain (Balanced Drizzle Team Feat. Air Balloon Kabutops)

11j5f91.jpg

Ancient Rain

-------------------------------------------------------

Intro

Hello Reborn Community. I have returned once again to dominate our servers OU ladder, since the ladder reset which occurred quite recently deleted my old OU rank. If you guys remember my old RMT which I posted quite a while ago, I achieved rank 1 with a solid sand team. This time, I thought I'd change things up a bit. I present to you a very strong Reborn Drizzle team, which is centralized around Kabutops. In my opinion, Kabutops is one of the best rain sweepers in the meta game, since it literally annihilates everything it can hit neutrally or super effectively after Swords Dance. So far I have achieved rank 1 with 1501 points, and I am sure that I will climb even higher. Nevertheless, I present to you all, "Ancient Rain", a balanced Drizzle team featuring Air Balloon Kabutops.

Proof of Success

2whhu2t.jpg

Team Preview

598.gif186.gif641.gif385.gif445.gif141.gif

Team Building Process

598.png

To start off my team, I needed a Pokemon that could set up hazard(s) and lead pretty well. I chose Ferrothorn, knowing it can set up Stealth Rocks and can help against opposing Drizzle/Swift Swim teams.

598.png186.png

I now needed to decide if I was going to run weather. I decided I should, since Reborn is crawling Sandstorm and Drizzle users. I had already done sand before, so rain was my best option, since Ferrothorn works amazingly on Drizzle teams. Therefore, I chose Politoed.

598.png186.png641.png

Now was the time to fill in the gaps. I wanted to get one of my abusers out of the way. I chose Tornadus, because it has an amazing special attack stat and hits with 100% accuracy Hurricane. It works very well in this meta game.

598.png186.png641.png385.png

Choosing Tornadus got me thinking about opposing Tornadus. I needed a Pokemon that could take Hurricanes from opposing teams, assuming they were also running rain. Therefore I chose Jirachi, which works well in rain Special Defensively and provides Wish support.

598.png186.png641.png385.png445.png

I noticed that Ferrothorn might not always be there to take electric hits for me, so I needed another Pokemon that could do so (especially since I was building this team carefully enough to include a Swift Swimmer of my choice. Thus, not possessing a dragon yet, I chose Garchomp.

598.png186.png641.png385.png445.png141.png

Finally, I came to a decision about the late game sweeper that I wanted to use. I saw everyone abusing the heck out of Kingdra and Ludicolo, so I wanted it to be a little more original. Being one of my favorite Swift Swimmers, I chose Kabutops, and built this team around it.

Team In Depth

xc2hl1.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell | Iron Barbs

Sassy | 248 HP / 4 Atk / 108 Def / 148 SpD

Stealth Rock | Thunder Wave | Protect | Power Whip

Ferrothorn is an awesome lead, as it answers to many different opposing Pokemon that opponents might possess, such as Politoed, Hippowdon, Thunderus, Landorus, Cloyster, Genesect, etc. Usually I lead off with Stealth Rocks unless the opposing Pokemon is a threat. Overall though it is important to get rocks up as early in the game as possible, so you can break sashes or weaken certain types of Pokemon such as Dragonite or Volcarona. Having good survival standards, Ferrothorn is not an easy Pokemon to KO, if you play him correctly. Thunder Wave helps to cripple opposing high-speed threats. Protect lets me scout the field in the beginning. For example, in the event of a Genesect lead, one can use Protect to see whether he is trying to U-Turn or Flamethrower. Finally, Power Whip is my main STAB move which hits pretty hard depending on what you aim it on. Shed Shell of course is to escape annoying trappers like Magnezone or Chandelure.

2zqwwmc.jpg

Politoed @ Leftovers | Drizzle

Calm | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Scald | Toxic | Encore | Perish Song

Politoed makes this team possible with Drizzle, initiating the rain that the team needs. I chose to run Bulky Toed since it is important for this team that the rain is kept the dominant weather in the battle. Scald is the standard main STAB move and has nice chance of Burn. Toxic allows me to status up Pokemon that may give me trouble in the long-run. Encore and Perish Song are an awesome combo for a variety of reasons. Firstly, they completely shut down Baton Pass teams. Secondly, Pokemon have a tough time setting up because they get forced to switch. An example of this is CM Reuniclus, which gets out-sped and Encored very easily. Perish Song also helps to finish off that very last Pokemon you have trouble beating. In my opinion, these two moves are quite essential on Bulky Politoeds.

2eqdnb9.jpg

Tornadus @ Choice Specs | Prankster

Timid | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Hurricane | Focus Blast | Hidden Power [ice] | Sleep Talk

Tornadus is an amazing special attacker which gets extremely more potent when you add Choice Specs to it. It is able to outrun many fast Pokemon since it has a base 111 Speed. Hurricane blasts through opposing Pokemon with pure force. It is also its main STAB move. Focus Blast helps to beat Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Tyranitar. It also helps to hit opposing Jirachi for neutral damage. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for coverage, as it hits Pokemon like Gliscor, Dragonite etc a lot better. The final move slot was rather tricky for me. Initially I ran Tailwind so that in case Ferrothorn died too early I could still beat opposing Swift Swimmers by using Tailwind and outrunning them my other Pokemon. However, I also noticed that by keeping Tailwind I was more vulnerable to the likes of Breloom, as I had to fodder off one Pokemon to Spore and try and predict from there. Thus, I decided to run Sleep Talk, as it now makes me less vulnerable to Breloom. I can switch in on Spore, and spam Choice Specs Sleep Talk, which is awesome since you can now have access to all your moves without being locked on. With this trade off however, you must be more wary of your opponents team, and keep Ferrothorn and Jirachi as long as possible if you see your opponent using a Drizzle team. Sleep Talk works under its ability Prankster, which is simply AWESOME!

5mfsqa.jpg

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace

Sassy | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Iron Head | Thunder | Wish | Protect

Jirachi is great for this team as its Fire weakness gets cut out in the rain. It also give me the ability to switch in on opposing Hurricanes from Tornadus. Possessing a very high special defense, Jirachi is able to withstand a variety of special attacking threats. Iron Head + Thunder is my para-flinch move duo. I chose to run Thunder over Body Slam since Skarmory would otherwise be a bother to deal with. Wish + Protect helps Jirachi to heal itself, as well as any other members of the team that need it.

30xhhya.jpg

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Sand Veil

Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Aqua Tail

Garchomp is my revenge killer for this team. He works very well to outrun Pokemon that have boosted to +1 such as Dragonite, Salamence, Volcarona, etc. He also gives me another Pokemon that can take electric hits. Outrage is basically for when you know that the rest of your opponent's team is weakened and/or not steel type. It will allow you to clean up anything still alive with high powered STAB. Dragon Claw on the other hand, is if you want to hit consistent damage without being locked on. The trouble with being locked onto Outrage is that your opponent might re-revenge kill you, and/or wall you with a steel type. This is why Dragon Claw is also one of the move options, as you can hit without worrying about being locked onto Outrage. Earthquake is essential STAB which helps against Jirachi and other annoying Pokemon to this team. The final move-slot was a choice either between Stone Edge and Aqua Tail. Since I'm running a Drizzle team, Aqua Tail works better. It also helps me to hit neutral damage on Bronzong, unlike Stone Edge which is not very effective. Sand Veil sometimes helps me dodge stuff, assuming your opponent has sand up when Garchomp is out.

mk107.jpg

Kabutops @ Air Balloon | Swift Swim

Adamant | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Swords Dance | Waterfall | Aqua Jet | Stone Edge

Saving the best for the last, I present to you all, Air Balloon Kabutops! I usually run Air Balloon on Excadrill as well, and using that idea, I paralleled it to Kabutops to make it the "Excadrill of the Rain". It's really amusing to watch people attempting to Earthquake my Kabutops when my Air Balloon is still in tact. Not to mention that it provides me with opportunities to set up, for instance, if Landorus is out and locked onto a Scarf Earthquake. Sword Dance gets my already blazing high attack even higher. After one Sword Dance, it's pretty much gg as long as the rain is still up and provided you killed your opponents Ferrothorn already. Waterfall and Stone Edge are self explanatory, and are your two main attacks. Aqua Jet is for priority, in case the weather has changed and you still feel like going for the sweep. Having Aqua Jet is amazing because it makes it even possible to sweep if you lose the weather war. But yeah, cheers to Kabutops, the inspiration of this team.

Conclusion

So that concludes yet another RMT. As always, I hope you all enjoyed it, because I took a lot of time to make this for you all. As a reminder, this team has currently achieved #1 on the Reborn ladder, and I'm happy to be able to share it with everyone, in hopes you too can make it up there. If anyone is interested to use this team, the importable is down below in the spoiler box. To use this team, I would suggest you get Stealth Rocks up with Ferrothorn as early as possible (only if you know you can do so without sacrificing it or wounding it too badly), play conservatively by making good predictions and switches, make good use of Jirachi's Wish to keep vital Pokemon alive, and only reveal Kabutops when you know you can sweep or during the late game. Shout out to google for providing me with these awesome images. All comments are welcome, and encouraged since I worked really hard on this. Thanks again for taking the time to visit my latest RMT!

Importable

Ferrothorn (F) @ Shed Shell

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 108 Def / 148 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder Wave

- Protect

- Power Whip

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Scald

- Toxic

- Encore

- Perish Song

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hurricane

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Iron Head

- Thunder

- Wish

- Protect

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Outrage

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Aqua Tail

Kabutops (M) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Waterfall

- Aqua Jet

- Stone Edge

Check out my previous RMT located here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3633

Edited by So Heroic

dang i am loving this team dx

Although i would prefer tornadus-t over tornadus mostly because of its ability which allows it to almost negate stelth rock damage and superior speed.

other than that i cant find anyother flaws with this team its brilliant :P

nice job on your #1 peak :D

Congrats for kicking me off that #1 spot in under 4 days of playing. At first glance, this looks like a great team-- good synergy, good cores, and originality. It's also not weak to Chandelure, which is like amazing. I don't recall playing it, but I'm sure it'd be a pretty damn hard team to play with the multitude of approaches you can use with this.

I don't know how to format my rates, because I've never rated a team before, but I'll give it a try.

__

•On Politoed, I'm not really sure about the Perish Song AND Encore together. They basically serve the same purpose: to stop setup sweepers and Baton Pass chains in their tracks, so in my opinion, it's a bit redundant (although I'm sure that you've pondered this fact). I'd recommend Protect to replace one of those moves: although it's pretty common, it helps gain Leftovers recovery and scout out Choiced moves. It also gives you healing, which is important for weather wars. I'd also recommend giving your Politoed 30 Speed IV's to be able to Encore an opposing Politoed's Toxic in the same turn for a free switch to a Steel type without a crippling burn chance from Scald.

•Ferrothorn as a lead seems very, very iffy. You are relying on the fact that the opponents lead is a scout / weather summoner and will not straight up attack you. Although Protect mitigates that risk slightly, it is still dangerous to be risking half your defensive core (and your Swift Swim counter) to a surprise Fire Blast or something, just to get SR early up in the game. It can wait-- it's simply not worth it to lose your Ferrothorn counter just to get SR up. If you lose it, Sand and Rain teams will run straight through you. I'd also recommend Leech Seed somewhere in there because Ferrothorn is an important defensive Pokemon for your team and healing is nice, but god knows where to put it, because I sure as hell don't.

•Tornadus... the only reason why I would run it over Tornadus-T is because of a Prankster Tailwind, and that's still a weak reason at best. You don't even take advantage of its ability, which was basically its only niche when Tornadus-T was running rampant in OU before Smogon's Suspect Testing Round 9. A bit of extra power, in my opinion, is also simply not worth the lower speed and the extra weakness to SR. The lower speed is annoying-- Pokemon such as Starmie and Lati@s that could never check a Tornadus-T can effectively force a Tornadus out. I'd personally recommend switching this Pokemon with Tornadus-T because of Regenerator and its higher speed, which will be more effecient. Having Specs on Tornadus means hit-n-run, usually, so that means you'll be switching a lot and taking a lot of hazard damage. Regenerator can help mitigate that.

•Garchomp... your dubbed "revenge killer". I've always found the idea of running Outrage on a Scarf Garchomp laughable, because the point of a "revenge killer" is to KO a weakened Pokemon. Therefore, the extra power of Outrage wouldn't be needed. I'd replace it with either Fire Blast or Stone Edge. Although Fire Blast may seem laughable, especially in the rain, your team doesn't exactly fare well against Ferrothorn / Skarmory when not in your goto weather. A Fire Blast can net a surprise KO and take care of that. Stone Edge could take care of a Volcarona without a chance of a Flame Body burn, but basically can't do anything a Dragon Claw couldn't. So I'd recommend Fire Blast.

•Kabutops... biggest case of 4-moveslot syndrome EVER. All the moves you have on are completely necessary, plus maybe Rapid Spin (if you insist on keeping Tornadus) and especially Low Kick. The thing is... what move to replace? If you replace Stone Edge with Low Kick, Jellicent will wall you, and right now in your current moveset, Ferrothorn walls you. If you ran both, that'd most likely mean replacing Aqua Jet, which can blow any sand team out of the water (or is it sand?) at +2 (an unboosted Aqua Jet is horribly weak, even in rain--learned from experience). Because Ferrothorn seems to be more of a threat to you than Jellicent, I'd probably replace Stone Edge with Low Kick. Eh, tough call.

__

Threats... uhh... to me, you seem very weak to:

Thundurus: Although uncommon, Prankster Thunder Wave really puts a dampener on your parade.

Skarmory + Gastrodon: Skarmory can take anything your team can throw at it outside of rain, while Gastrodon deals with everything else in rain. Ferrothorn is basically your only Gastrodon counter as well.

Celebi + Heatran: Basically walls your entire team, and you're going to need a LOT of prediction to get past this.

Sub CM Jirachi: Politoed isn't good enough insurance.

Eh, can't think of anything else at the top of my head.

__

Your team is very well put together--I really had to dig deep for that threat list--and I can definitely tell why it's #1. Good luck out there, buddy.

Also, your team name... cheesy as fuck. Eh, guess everything can't be perfect.

Edited by Difficult

@Kamina: Thank you for the rate! The main reason why I choose to run regular Tornadus over Tornadus-T is because of the extra power regular Tornadus gets, and the priority Sleep Talk attains from Prankster. Wish from Jirachi can be used to heal Tornadus at opportune moments. (:

@Difficult: Thanks for the rate! I'll address your points one by one:

- Perish Song and Encore are both very useful, as they both function quite differently. One major difference between the two, is that Encore is good for immediate effect, and Perish Song is good for long term. Say for example you have Reuniclus setting up CM on you. Encore will immediately prevent it from attacking you since it is now locked onto Calm Mind. Following up with Perish Song will force it to switch when Encore ends. Assume you had one or the other. Encore would keep it setting up, but you would have no way to phaze it out, as it will just set up gladly and Recover once Encore has ended. Perish Song on the other hand would force it out in 3 turns, however, it would be able to set up at least +1, and hit you once or twice. Now assume you are facing a standard Baton Pass team. Solid Baton Pass teams keep both Espeon and Mr. Mime. Espeon is immune to Taunt, pure status moves, and Encore. On the other hand, Mr. Mime is immune to Perish Song, as it has Soundproof. Keeping both is quite useful, because you'll be able to deal with every situation you come across (Encore as your opponent passes into Mr. Mime, and so they are locked onto Baton Pass, They will Baton Pass out since that's their only move they can do, and you Perish Song respectively), For many reasons, I choose to use both Perish Song and Encore, and ultimately it has proved most effective. As for the change in EV's, I wouldn't really want to Encore a Politoed's Toxic, since I would rather Toxic it myself.

- Ferrothorn is a great lead, as it cannot be trapped due to Shed Shell, and it can choose to set up if safe or switch out if the situation is dangerous. Most often, opponents don't lead with heavy threats. They mainly either scout, or set up on their own. This is why Ferrothorn fits in fine as a lead. As I have explained in my RMT, you only set up Stealth Rocks if it is safe. You wouldn't leave her in there if you're up against a threat, so it technically isn't a suicide lead. Protect is there to scout for threatening moves if you feel like doing so. Leech Seed isn't needed because I have Wish support from Jirachi.

- The post addressed to Kamina explains why I use this form over the Therian form. Specs Tornadus doesn't mean hit and run. It means hit and hit some more. Also, Prankster has an impact on Sleep Talk.

- Dragon Claw doesn't KO all the threats out there, which is why it is essential to also keep Outrage. Revenge killer doesn't mean the opponent has to be weakened already. It just means that if you have to end up sacking a Pokemon due to an opponent using Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance, you'll be able to send this guy in afterward and kill whatever killed your last Pokemon. Fire Blast is most certainly not necessary as I am running a Rain Team. Read my description of Garchomp in my RMT as to why I choose Aqua Tail over Stone Edge. Chance of Flame Body burn from Volc is not too high, and depending on how weak Volc is I can always just KO with Earthquake.

- Absolutely no way I am changing the moveset for Kabutops. I've experimented with all possibilities in the past and my set works the best. Take my word for it haha.

- As for the threat list...

1. Garchomp can check Thunderus and easy OHKO. Jirachi can withstand all sets except Nasty Plot.

2. Cores are not considered threats. Each individual Pokemon you listed has an answer. The rest is based on how well you can outplay your opponent.

3. Celebi + Heatran most definitely does not wall my team. Easy predictions can destroy them both.

4. Sub CM Rachi is the most bothersome, but is answered by Garchomp and Politoed.

Overall, I'm not really weak to anything you said, but I liked your post because you worked hard on it :]

Edited by So Heroic

Oh, hey, neat team. Apparently you're Emvee (I lurk too much ;-; ), so hi :> Anywho, Rain is blah, but I'm basically a hypocrite for saying that so I'll sorta rate anywayz (on a phone, so pardon any fragmented thoughts).

I'd have to say that [specs] Torn-T is probably more useful than incarnate in the context of this team, you're currently offering techniloom 3 opportunities to set up and torn-t is much more likely to be healthy enough to check it due to regen+better overall bulk (also valuable v.RP Lando !_!). Torn-T also scouts much more comfortably, which might just be personal prefernce but imo is significantly more useful than the added oomph to attacks. Standard faire Hurricane / U-Turn / Sleep Talk / FBlast would do fine, though dropping the final slot altogether for better sleep talk pulls is cooler imo.

Honestly, I find your current 'rachi to be somewhat ineffectual, considering the necessity for both para and wish support is rather low. I understand the need to have a 'mon to fallback on hurricanes, but the pressure your team applies isn't really offering many free switches anyway. I'd tinker with SubCM, helps your match-up with stall, because as mentioned you need to do some serious acrobatics to maneuver around moderately common defensive cores. It also grants a means of consistently eliminating Ferrothorn (seriously, what is your game plan for it, hope it just stays in on Scalds / Hurricnes for no good reason x_x ).

Splashing Rapid Spin on 'Tops would help a ton with spike-stacking teams, which is chill since a bunch of your 'mons innately draw in common Spikers (Ferro for instance spikes up on most of your team, Skarm gets to Chomper, etc.). I'd probably toss it in over Aqua Jet, tbh the only use I see for it against RP Terrakion+Lando (who doesn't realistically set up on any of your 'mons after the 'rachi change) and I guess post-weather war loss, but with a more meticulous mid-game that should be a non-issue.

Anywho, take what you will of that, teams been proven to be solid already so I can't say much. Cool sprites too, my personal go-to ones tbh :P

Edited by 49th Parallel

Very nice team. I would use Low Kick over Aqua Jet on Kabutops as Ferro walls 5/6 of your team and Tornadus isn't really an effective way to cehck it.

+2 252+ Atk Kabutops Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 294-348 (83.52 - 98.86%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
As the person said above, SubCM Jirachi could work on this team, an ability to set up on Ferrothorn is tremendous.
Edited by Moony

Hey Heroic, Great team! I do see a couple of things I would do different personally and I'll list them below.

First, If you're not running the Therian form of Tornadus (which I think you should be running) I would not recommend using a specs set. if you were to run a life orb set, you could take advantage of Tornadus' ability Prankster with Rain Dance. This will help you keep your weather in the game even if Politoed goes down, and you still have a reliable amount of damage to deal.

Second, I know what you're trying to do by using Kabutops, but he is completely outclassed by so many other swift swimmers. Kingdra Is just the better option in this case for a number of reasons. firstly, Kabutops can do nothing for you outside of rain. Kingdra can still set up with dragon dance and substitute. Secondly, even In rain Kingdra is the premiere pokemon to use. It's stab outrage and waterfall are extremely powerful. much more powerful than Kabutops stone edge/ waterfall combo, and has a wider range of coverage.

Overall I really do like the team. I'd give it a 9.9999999/10. good job on achieving your rank on the Ladder, and since I haven't faced this team on the ladder yet, I hope to ave the opportunity to go against it soon!

@49: Hey buddy long time no see how you been? :]

- With my current Tornadus, Breloom has 0 chances of setting up. For example, say if it sets up SD immediately as I switch into Tornadus-T. Mach Punch will not OHKO, so I can take it out that way. Now say if Breloom Spores me as I switch into Tornadus. This is even better, because Sleep Talk has priority due to Prankster, and will move before any other move, including Mach Punch. I have found that the added power Tornadus with Specs allows me to 2 hit KO certain Pokemon, whereas the Therian form gives me a 3 hit KO. You are right though, that Tornadus-T's bulk will most likely prove to be effective in the long run, but my suggestion is to keep Tornadus as healthy as possible, either by sending it in towards late-game, or using Wish support from Jirachi.

- The necessity for Wish support on this team is high, as many members of this team are unable to heal themselves. Ferrothorn can be a bother, but Hurricane 2 hit KO's every Ferrothorn. If the opponent chooses not to let it stay in, they will most likely end up sacking Pokemon, as not many Pokemon in this meta game can take Specs Hurricane very well, other than Ttar and SDef Rachi. Keep in mind though that I also have Focus Blast, so opponents may definitely screw up their predictions. We also kinda have to accept the fact that in gen 5, not every Pokemon in the meta game can be easily beaten anymore with just 6 Pokemon. That was gen 4. Perhaps that defensive CM Wish rachi that I've seen might be a good alternative to my current set, as it allows me to keep Wish support while being able to set up on Ferrothorn.

- Aqua Jet on Kabutops specifically helps dealing with QD Volcarona, as it is one of 2 checks to the boosted Pokemon. It also helps to clean out already weakened Pokemon. Rapid Spin is not needed, as Kabutops loses some of its offensive value.

Thank you for the rate!

@Moony: Thanks for the rate bro! Low Kick could work, I just like how Aqua Jet lets me win when I lose the weather war against Sand teams. For a Pokemon like Kabutops with many possibilities, trade-offs must be made, despite having such a great potential.

@Conor: Hey man thanks for the rate!

- Your first point addresses the exact opposite of what it should be. You say that Life Orb is better on my current Tornadus, however it isn't because it is better on Tornadus-T due to it's ability Regenerator. Also, I don't need another Pokemon with Rain Dance seeing that my Politoed is Defensive and able to live for a long time. Plus I've never lost a weather war on the reborn ladder to anyone.

- No way I'm changing Kabutops. It is far from being outclassed. It is underrated, and people abuse Kingdra too much (making Kingdra a very generic Pokemon on Rain teams). I don't see what added benefit Kingdra gives, as Kabutops literally has even more power than Kingdra, and has more coverage.

Edited by So Heroic

So, hello~

*Kabutops-> Id suggest Rock Slide > Stone Edge 1 for the accuracy boost 2 for the flich possibility. As frial as he is, the occasional flinch could save its life

*Garchomp-> Sand Veil+BrightPowder( or whatever the evasion boosting item is called) The boosted evasion is just as effective as speed be boosted with Scarf imo.

Grats on the #1 rank, again.

@Blast: Hey buddy thanks for dropping by. The choice between Rock Slide and Stone Edge is yours entirely. Whether you prefer accuracy over power or power over accuracy is totally up to you. Also, don't forget that for Garchomp, I'm not running a sand team so the usual set people use on sand teams isn't necessary for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

@Hedron: You're right, Kabutops is very fast. But that only holds true when there is rain on the field. If you want any chance of sweeping when the weather isn't in your favor, Aqua Jet is the best option. I'm not saying what Moony says is wrong, I'm just saying that there are just many options for that last move-slot, and honestly you can use whichever works better for you. For me personally however, I prefer Aqua Jet, since if you've already SD'd to +2 and the weather changes on you, you can still hit faster stuff and have a good chance to OHKO, since Kabutops should only be used in late-game scenarios (as I have described throughout my RMT). Thanks for dropping in a comment!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so, since this team has prooved sucess and capping over 1600 like mine have, I feel the need to rate this with subperb accusations.

First of all, Ferrothorn isn't a nessicarily great check for scouting Turn 1. Even with Protect. Genesect's aren't usually choiced as much these days, since it has been given the Giga Drain move. If they just Rock Polish turn one knowing you're a ferrothorn, even though you pack T-Wave, they know you'll be scared of Flamethrower. Aftermore, +2 Gene outspeeds your whole entire team, including Kabutops under Rain. Personally, Shed Shell is really bad on Ferro, even for scouting Magnezone/Chandy. Magnezone is extremely uncommon on reborn, and in the fact you fear it, why doesn't Jirachi have something for it then? I feel you simply added it on there for it's abillity. Chandelure, in-fact is a TRUE threat to any team, even in or out of weather. In addition to this, Ferrothorn's Powerwhip is useless in the sense of you saying why you use it to hit a few alleged Pokemon. Gyro Ball with Minimun speed IV's and a negative speed can OHKO Tornadus, Salamence, and Gengar. All are Pokemon Power Whip is resisted against. In terms of that, T'wave wouldn't be helpful along side it, and you saying T'wave is for crippling Speedy mons, you've stated as well Kabutops is extremely fast. Leech Seed + Leftovers with Protect is amazingly a HUGE recovery, and in sense you won't be able to switch out from Chandy, Your only threat is just Overheat, and if You're even facing Chandy, chances are it's either on a Sand team, which you destroy, or a non-weather team, which you destroy. Politoed, in my opinion, doesn't need both Encore and Perish Song. You're correct on this though, it COMPLETLEY destroys BP teams very efficiently. Though, 80% of the time, once provoked to set up and getting encored, people will just switch out in fear you'll easily KO their set-up. Using Politoed as a lead, would be a more benificial lead and scout for Gene, other than Ferrothorn with the set I reccomended.

Here's a unique offer of a moveset for Tornadus for you: Get rid of HP Ice. It literally is useless, no offense. Although it's x4 effective against the Pokemon you stated, Hurricane still OHKO's BOTH Pokemon you listed that HP Ice was for, seeing as Dnite would be hit by SR since you have it on Ferro. Putting Rain Dance on Tornadus over HP Ice lets you beat Sunny Day Ninetales, which is something your team is oh so VERY weak to. Get rid of Focus Blast as well, though it hits Skarmory and Tyranitar, Superpower actually fits the part better. Hurricane still does a nice 50% to Skarmory, and Superpower is still very powerful, and more accurate than Focus Blast. 267 attack, (I believe) can OHKO Blissey, and Tyranitar better. Get rid of Choice Specs on Tornadus, if you wish to use this set I'd reccomended to you, and put on a Expert Belt. It can boost the power of Superpower, and Hurricane, respectibly. Rain Dance on the Ninetales as it switchs into Venu, or whatever it decides and easily just threaten it back out again with Hurricane. Expert Belt easily can fluke out people thinking it's choiced, like a Ttar switch in to Hurricane, and simply OHKO with Superpower on the Pursuit and you won the weather war easily.

In the conversation of Jirachi, not much to say. I'd put 36 speed EV's to outspeed common Tentacruel, in which you can Thunder. And SpDef Celebi. I'd put a Calm Nature, over Sassy, since Sassy actually HURTS you more than it helps you. Iron head may be less Attack, but it's meant to stall out pokes, or flinch, not nessicarily damage. I'd also swap Protect for U-turn to predict Chandelure switch ins, otherwise Jirachi is easily taken out. Although you can argue and say you can predict it, nothing is 100% accurate or perfect. U-turn also helps you gain Momentum for your team, like if the person switched into 9Tales, you can go into Tornadus and Rain Dance and etc. Momentum is KEY. Iron Head can flinch pokes so you can get your 100% recovery sucess with Wish. Though it's tedious and risky, it's almost always a sucess.

Ain't much at all on Garchomp, standard Scarf set.

On Kabutops, since I'm already tired of typing, lol, I'm going to make it short and explanitory. Life orb Jolly is far better than a situationally Air Baloon set. It always lets you beat Modest Kingdra, which isn't really what it's meant for, but more importantly, Ludicolo. Ludicolo can actually OHKO your entire team aside from Jirachi, who in which isn't even a solid check for Ludicolo. Rapid Spin over Aqua Jet is reccomended, since Spikes wrecks your team, and SR really hurts Tornadus. Aqua Jet is also a Situationally move, implying you will love the weather war. Otherwise, it's a dead weight move, and Rapid Spin is always a discussion over Aqua Jet.

I seriously hope you're joking about this part.

Lol? What's your peak, like 1400? Besides, I play Beta more often since Reborn is dead-ish, peaked 1600+ many of times, as on reborn, once. Yes, I boosted a little because I wanted to hit 1700, though I was already around 1630. And all of you "logs" also show the same stasis. :]]]]]]

You're clearly missing the point.

Besides, the vast majority of people here aren't believing a word you say, ESPECIALLY after you not only admitted to boosting but referred to Reborn as "dead-ish", refusing to look at the big picture when you are actually only looking at a minuscule portion of the community in general.

That said, if you don't like the competitive atmosphere of the server (or lack thereof as you suggest), no one's keeping you here.

You're clearly missing the point.

Besides, the vast majority of people here aren't believing a word you say, ESPECIALLY after you not only admitted to boosting but referred to Reborn as "dead-ish", refusing to look at the big picture when you are actually only looking at a minuscule portion of the community in general.

That said, if you don't like the competitive atmosphere of the server (or lack thereof as you suggest), no one's keeping you here.

Lol. If I cared about what people thought about me I'd be insecure about myself like you. I live life the way I want to and don't fear being trash talked, unlike some of the people I've met within this community who freak the shit out. And yes, it IS dead-ish, there's about 150 people in total. Showdown has over 2,000+, and Beta is about 1,000. Nobody cares, and when I say nobody, I'm not counting shit battlers like yourself, or well, shit isn't a nice word, how about.. skillful? Anyways, they don't care staisticlly wise about servers like Reborn. I come here and battle because of the seldom respectable people who battle here, including names like Moony, Hedron, Kamina, Emvee, FruitJuice, Mars, and Reaper. All of in who which I'm also in a clan with. Why? Because they have personalitys that suit my own. You surround yourself with reject people and claim to be top shit over others. Which is why we don't get along. If you could just get over the fact that I'm not leaving Reborn, and ignore me and the posts I put up, there'd be no problem between us. We don't have to be frieds, nor do we need to be enimes. You do this to yourself for atention, and to make yourself feel better. I feel bad for you, I honestly do, if you actually gave me a chance to get to know you, you'd see I'm not a bad guy. Ask Ame or Sapphire. I've talked to both of them on a different serious level about myself. You see me as a stubborn asshole who flames everyone, but, in reality, it's actually you. You're the one who won't drop a single argument, and never lets anything go. Which is probablly why you're so depressed. I'm typing this because I actually care about your well being, but that doesn't mean anythings going to change about you. 6 Months from now, I'm STILL going to be at Reborn, and it's up to you to care or not.

• Administrators

Speaking of dropping arguments let's either A) do that and keep posts relevant and helpful, B) stop overall, or one I'd prefer to avoid, C) force ikaru to lock the topic

Thanks for the rate Chem I'll let you know about what I think when I meet you next. Also let's not lock my thread brother Ikaru, I worked hard on it! Shanco you didn't have to call him out but thanks for making my RMT "Hot" i guess.