The Image Thread!

anethia

Now, I know what y'all are thinking.

What the hell is this thread? And I shall explain!

This is a fun little thread where you may only communicate with Images! No Words! (Obviously words in an image are allowed).

This is the only part that that rule is not followed. So only in this post =3.

Begin~

131765152399.gif?1318143727

• 2 weeks later...

furfaceboy_okay.gif

((Sorry about that, I suppose. My friends and I used the term "Rape" in place of the terms "Owned/Pwned, ETC." So, I didn't see it as a big deal. But, then again we take nothing seriously. So, I guess sorry if it really is a big deal?))

• Administrators

Serious talk for a sec

I understand that's the context in which it's usually used but that's also a specific context that I try and use the rules around here to discourage. I think that it is a big deal that rape is so heavily casualised in the gaming culture. It's disrespectful to all rape survivors to belittle an event such as that- which mind you, is an effectively life-changing, traumatic misfortune- by comparing it to something as trivial as losing at a game. Furthermore, by casualising the notion of rape, using the term so loosely promotes acceptance of the act itself thereby indirectly enabling and encouraging in culture. Although I know these aren't the things that people think of when they use the term like, they are real implicit effects of it. The little nuances of language cause more damage than we give them credit for; I'm trying to stop that in the little way that I can. And further, the simple mention of an act like that can potentially serve as a trigger for survivors- and in fact we have in the past had people on this site who have been triggered by even passing mentions of it. I can't in good conscience let that happen.

here, have an image.

tumblr_lxqal0cmb31r99z30o1_100.gif