{Insert punny title here}

Blast

So, I decided do do a RMT on a recent team I created. So, constructive criticism away!

At a glance : 398.gif121.gif604.gif392.gif348.gif612.gif

398.gif

Staraptor (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Reckless

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Brave Bird

- Double-Edge

- U-turn

This Staraptor is basically a kamikaze. I use it as my "anti-lead" lead. U-Turn is just a filler, I can't think of a different choice, other moves are the basic Staraptor set.

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 SAtk /4 Hp / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Psyshock

- Hydro Pump

- Thunder Wave

This guy is my spinner, every team needs one right? While also packing T-Wave to cripple possible sweepers if possible, while Psyshock > Psychic, for those bulky walls.

604.gif

Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 196 Def / 112 SAtk / 196 SDef

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Discharge

- Flamethrower

- Acid Spray

- Hidden Power [Water]

Throughout my team the is a massive Water/Ice weakness. So this guy, to me, is the perfect fit. Discharge is a good pick for triples battles. While Flamethrower and HP Water provide some coverage. Acid Spray seemed like a viable idea since he is a Special Attacker.

392.gif

Infernape (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 140 Atk / 116 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Heat Wave

- Rock Slide

- Close Combat

- Mach Punch

So, I saw this set while scrolling through random trainer cards and I love it. Heat Wave and Rock Slide are amazing during Triples, then Close Combat for some decent STAB. Mach Punch for the Focus Sash users that need to be done with.

348.gif

Armaldo (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

- X-Scissor

- Bulldoze

- Stone Edge

- Aqua Tail

This guy is the ultimate anti-rain pokemon. While countering all/most Swift Swimmers, it's speed excedes 400+ in rain. X-Scissor&Stone Edge for awesome STAB, Bulldoze for dropping the oppenents spped to easily go in for the kill, the Aqua Tail for the Water/Rain boost.

612.gif

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Outrage

- Brick Break

- Dragon Dance

- Earthquake

Last but not least is my favorite Dragon type of all time Haxorus. This guy is an all out, balls out attacker. If I get the Salac Berry boost this guy is a monster. Brick Break is mainly for pesky Steel types that seem so wall my team, Rock Slide for triples, and E-Quake + Mold Breaker is for the Electric types with Levitate.

So that is my team, please leave whatever comments/suggestions you want. Thank you~

Edited by Blast

Yo

• Salac Berry on Haxorus is pretty much pointless when it gets Dragon Dance. Replace Rock Slide with it and Salac Berry with...I dunno, something. Lum Berry, perhaps.
  • You got a rapid spinner, so I may sound crazy, but a Focus Sash on Armaldo might be cool to tell Kingdra or other swimmers who try to capitalize to gtfo. Bulldoze will force the switch or risk getting gutted with an X-Scissor, especially Ludicolo, as you'll possibly get two attacks on the opponent.
  • Defensive EVs on Starmie are kinda useless. It learns Cosmic Power if you REALLY want it to go defensive. Take those defenses-invested EVs and dump them into Special Attack.
  • Infernape's a fast dude. Give it a Life Orb or Expert Belt to increase the damage output unless you want to run Stealth Rock instead of something.

7/10 is my rating. The concept is pretty swish, but it needs some retooling.

Yo

• Salac Berry on Haxorus is pretty much pointless when it gets Dragon Dance. Replace Rock Slide with it and Salac Berry with...I dunno, something. Lum Berry, perhaps.
  • You got a rapid spinner, so I may sound crazy, but a Focus Sash on Armaldo might be cool to tell Kingdra or other swimmers who try to capitalize to gtfo. Bulldoze will force the switch or risk getting gutted with an X-Scissor, especially Ludicolo, as you'll possibly get two attacks on the opponent.
  • Defensive EVs on Starmie are kinda useless. It learns Cosmic Power if you REALLY want it to go defensive. Take those defenses-invested EVs and dump them into Special Attack.
  • Infernape's a fast dude. Give it a Life Orb or Expert Belt to increase the damage output unless you want to run Stealth Rock instead of something.

7/10 is my rating. The concept is pretty swish, but it needs some retooling.

Thanks, Life Orb Infernape sounds awesome, but the Sash does do me in for a revenge kill. I didnt even think about the sash on Armaldo, thanks.

• Administrators

You can only expect as much effort as you put into the RMT.

This certainly doesn't look to be equal to the effort that you can't guarantee he did or did not put into it.

Yeah sorry to break it to you but this team won't get very far. You have too many threats to the team and too few Pokemon that can deal with them.

Try a team formatted like this: Starmie / Haxorus / Chandelure / Chansey / Skarmory / Breloom

I guarantee you will get better results with this. It is a lot more balanced and it beats many of the common Pokemon you see at Reborn (ask me if you have any questions). I have recently returned to Reborn after a long period of inactivity (I was ranked #1 back in the days). Im currently ranked 4 there, and I'm making my way up. I will post an RMT of my own when I hit #1 or #2. Hope you check it out! But yeah as for the team try and structure it like the suggestion I gave and it will work a lot better.

Yeah sorry to break it to you but this team won't get very far. You have too many threats to the team and too few Pokemon that can deal with them.

Try a team formatted like this: Starmie / Haxorus / Chandelure / Chansey / Skarmory / Breloom

I guarantee you will get better results with this. It is a lot more balanced and it beats many of the common Pokemon you see at Reborn (ask me if you have any questions). I have recently returned to Reborn after a long period of inactivity (I was ranked #1 back in the days). Im currently ranked 4 there, and I'm making my way up. I will post an RMT of my own when I hit #1 or #2. Hope you check it out! But yeah as for the team try and structure it like the suggestion I gave and it will work a lot better.

your suppose to rate the person's team, not give them a team of broken cores and pokemon to use instead. IF you're going to rate, rate the pokemon he decided he wanted to use, not the pokemon you decided he should use.

your suppose to rate the person's team, not give them a team of broken cores and pokemon to use instead. IF you're going to rate, rate the pokemon he decided he wanted to use, not the pokemon you decided he should use.

That's your opinion. In an RMT, you're supposed to give suggestions on how to improve the team (and I'm sure the owner of this team is looking for exactly that), not just rate it something out of 10 like some guy that doesn't know anything about the metagame. As an experienced player, I felt that much more could be done with the team, therefore I suggested formating the team differently, using some different Pokemon. You can't tell me I'm wrong for something you personally don't agree with, and you certainly can't say "a team of broken cores and pokemon" because you're just being biased.

tl;dr: You can't tell me how to post on an RMT and I dare you to beat me in a pokemon battle if you disagree. Also, I noticed you didn't even rate the team yet, so you're basically spamming and minimoding.

Actually, I'm not asking you to rate the team out of 10. You suggested that he change 4 of his pokemon. That is pretty much changing the entire team. In fact, Smogon even says on their "how to RMT" states as a rule that you shouldn't suggest changing more than 3 pokemon on someone's team. I'm not biased either, I use those same pokemon you suggested, I was making a remark on how you suggested 4 commonly used pokemon that completely changed the entire look of his team. Also, Who challenged you to a pokemon battle? I wasn't questioning your skills as a trainer, nor do I want to test them in a battle. I wasn't trying to be confrontational, just informative. I'm sorry If I came off in a negative manner. I almost never try to do so.

As for the rate, because you are rigt, If I'm going to comment on an RMT, I should be rating it.

The only thing I have to comment on really is Armaldo. If you're going to run a sash on a pokemon it is generally suppose to be used for a turn to set up a boosting move. I would suggest adding swords dance over one of your move. If you choose not to use a boosting move, I would suggest switching over to a life orb.

That's your opinion. In an RMT, you're supposed to give suggestions on how to improve the team (and I'm sure the owner of this team is looking for exactly that), not just rate it something out of 10 like some guy that doesn't know anything about the metagame. As an experienced player, I felt that much more could be done with the team, therefore I suggested formating the team differently, using some different Pokemon. You can't tell me I'm wrong for something you personally don't agree with, and you certainly can't say "a team of broken cores and pokemon" because you're just being biased.

tl;dr: You can't tell me how to post on an RMT and I dare you to beat me in a pokemon battle if you disagree. Also, I noticed you didn't even rate the team yet, so you're basically spamming and minimoding.

False, m8. Amethyst has already stated in the past the minimodding is perfectly acceptable. He also CAN tell you if your posting is acceptable or not, because we have rules for this section of the forums. Which can be found here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3279

Now let's cut the pointless arguing and get back to rating the team.

Blast, like others have said before me, Armaldo is dead weight. You're going to have him there basically hoping and praying that they have rain AND that you're faster than their Swift Swimmer(s). Once he's gone, if he can even do anything in the situation, I see no reason why SS Kingdra/Ludicolo wouldn't slap a dress on you and call you Sally. Not only that, but a decent defensive core can also give this team hell. Jellithorn/Scrotom/Slowmoonguss all basically give your team the finger. To be perfectly honest, I'd take the team back to the drawing board before letting it see the light of day. Perhaps, you could take the 1-2 Pokemon that you really wanted to make this team around and go from there. Otherwise, I don't see it going far apart from maybe the occasional battle.

You really might consider putting some defense in there at least to an extent, It really seems way to hyper offensive but hey, We all have our preferences, I never personally see Elecktross to be too good with defenses, But then again, I've never used it!

7.5/10

Frankly, this team is rather frail. This team can break walls easily but will not last before a sweeper like Terrakion. I'll suggest a wall somewhere. Since Armado seems to be the issue here, you could take him out for a Tentacruel.

Tentacruel @Lum berry

Rain Dish

252 Hp/ 252 spdef / 4DEF

-Toxic Spikes

-Scald

-Magic Coat

-Toxic/Rapid spin

this set is basucally to wall sweepers and check other walls under rain.

You might want tto toss Electross' Hidden power for Volt swtich to synergize with Staraptor.

I'll update when I get computer access