Silvally set

N1Dude

Hey guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know a good current available set for Silvally?

I just got a shiny one (YAY!) and i'm looking at his serebii page and there are so many options.

I'm looking forward to your sets,

N1Dude

depends on the IV's and nature seeing as Silvally can literally do anything t's movepool allows (and because it hoesn;t have recover, stalling is removed from that list)

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

depends on the IV's and nature seeing as Silvally can literally do anything t's movepool allows (and because it hoesn;t have recover, stalling is removed from that list)

image.png.31a86883cad24344e28e370a7f31d455.png

Nature doesn't matter, i can change that to whatever is needed.

Edited by N1Dude

17 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I'd say go for a faster physical attacker. something like Multi-Attack, Iron Head, SD Flame Charge should do the trick

Yeah i pretty much figured that out by myself but SD isn't available yet and it doesn't learn any move tutor attacks until E18 either (I know that doesn't matter for this moveset but i still wanted to mention it anyway) . And what memory are you recommending to use? Or is it better to use a Life Orb/Leftovers with return?

>Definitely Physically oriented
Well, that rules out the Reborn-only Pledgemaker set.

You're probably gonna want to change its nature to Adamant, first and foremost. You're not gonna need that Sp. Attack at all, and being -Atk. is a problem in that situation.

With Level-up moves alone, you have access to Iron Head (anti-Fairy flinching move), the Elemental fangs (they're... stronger than the respective Hidden Power and have a 20%chance of doing something in addition to damage, at least), Crunch (bop those Ghosts and Psychics), X-Scissor (shred through Grass, Dark, and... Psychic Types), and Multi-Attack. Keep in mind that if you decided to change silvally's Type, Multi-Attack will change to match, and thus always get STAB- handy for when you're a Type that you have no physical moves for (like Water).

TM's net you access to Shadow Claw (trade Crunch's chance to lower the target's Defense for an increased crit. rate), Return (should easily reach a point where it's your best STAB if you decided to keep it as a Normal Type), Aerial Ace (never miss again!), and Flame Charge (doesn't deal a whole lot of damage, but it does raise your Speed a bit to use your Flinching moves with). With Move Tutors, you can add Zen Headbutt to give a Fliching move of another Type if you want to go all-in on that path.

The biggest factor when deciding on the build will probably be the Type (or Types) you want it to be. A silvally that's going to spend of its time as a Dark Type might not want to carry around Multi-Attack due to having Crunch already, and certainly won't be using Shadow Claw on the side (since Ghost and Dark have the same SE spread... for some stupid reason). Similarly, a Fairy silvally isn't going to want to run Multi-Attack, Zen Headbutt, and Aerial Ace, since that'd leave it with three moves that hit Fighting Types specifically for SE for no real reason. Ultimately, you should consider the rest of your team make-up for making this particular choice.

Aah okay, Well i have a LOT of mons in rotation so i can make a lot of teams but shiny silvally looks so awesome so i really wanted to use it.

I guess i just have to change it to fit in a team if i want to use it.

Thank you guys for your input!