Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

ok i may be out of my mind when i say this but i have heard my fair share variable info about it but what do you guys think about the starters evolution types; fennekin evolving into fire/psychic (yea we all think so too), chespin into grass/dark and Froakie into water/fighting. now some may flag me but just like someone said there would be another eeveelution besides sylveon not a person believed him but now its confirmed and im thinking it has to be a dragon one. Anyhow look at the typing is really balances out psychic kills dark , fighting kills dark, dark kills psychic , with each dual type being weaker against the main typing. What do you the reborn community think of this
?

Edited by Masamuine

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i may be out of my mind when i say this but i have heard my fair share variable info about it but what do you guys think about the starters types; fennekin being fire/psychic (yea we all think so too), chespin grass/dark and Froakie being water/fighting. now some may flag me but just like someone said there would be another eeveelution besides sylveon not a person believed him but now its confirmed and im thinking it has to be a dragon one. Anyhow look at the typing is really balances out psychic kills dark , fighting kills dark, dark kills psychic , with each dual type being weaker against the main typing. What do you the reborn community think of this

?

This whole post smells like a whole lot of rumor mill. Anyways, the starters' types are already determined to be singularly fire, grass, and water. Unless you mean the unrevealed evolutions, in which case it seems very likely fennekin's evo's will be fire/psychic, however I see no indications whatsoever froakie would evolve to gain fighting type, and chespin looks more to follow torterra and gain an earth type than a dark type. Their currents forms don't lead me to think it likely that they will gain a second type whatsoever.

So far, I've not seen anywhere by anyone of another eeveelution, much less heard of one as confirmed. I had to look hard just now to find someone with a theory saying there was going to be one based on past typing and very derivative logic. He too said it would probably be dragon type. We've already got way too many dragons in my opinion.

The only reasons I see for the possibility of another eeveelution is the continued theme of X and Y (probably with a more masculine looking design) and a new eeveelution wouldn't just come by itself but rather show off another aspect (areas/stones) or opposite end of the spectrum (day/night) of some new mechanic. In this case, the new mechanic is probably the pokemon Amie feature.

quite obvious i was referring to the evolution -_- and what makes you think they will be one dual type of starter i lost interest in your logic after you said there are too many dragons when their in fact 9 dragon types excluding evolutionary chains and 8 legendary dragons non-including alternate forms also 2 base dragons types(excluding evolved pre-evolved)

It's more me saying that they've introduced too many dragons than as any reason why it wouldn't be a dragon type. Kind of tired of 'em really. (IMO does denote subjectivity, not logic, after all)

Form and function. That is my answer as to why I don't think Froakie will become dual type. At this stage, it doesn't lend itself to acquiring a second type (ie, I do not see any features that could change to take advantage of some other elemet) I've seen an animation of froakie attacking with the white stuff behind its head, leading me to concur that it's based off the foamy secretion some frogs make to house their eggs/tadpoles. Chespin, being the spiny nut pokemon resembles a squirrel or chipmunk than it does a hedgehog, but its earthy brown color lends it a possibility of an earth type (as with turtwig). It's description of being always optimistic doesn't fit something that would likely become a dark type. And fennekin could very easily be another pure fire type. It has a frail looking form, which one would think would pronounce a creature reliant on its special attacks and abilities.

If you'll notice, gen 5 had one dual type and the other two were single types in their final forms, so it is not without precedent.

do you like your own post? and fennekin will be a dual typing of psychic and game freak is known for doing Sakurai is known for his surprises so even if it may look like a ground and grass could be otherwise and yes we all say his attack on the pokemon x and y trailer for the anime

do you like your own post? and fennekin will be a dual typing of psychic and game freak is known for doing Sakurai is known for his surprises so even if it may look like a ground and grass could be otherwise and yes we all say his attack on the pokemon x and y trailer for the anime

I refer you to Oshawott. The biggest troll line ever.

"Looks like water/fighting.....Fuck you GF"

it looks ugly imo... I can see people buying it though...

The problem is that people aren't buying their kids portable consoles anymolre, they just hand them their phone and let them play Angry birds...

But back to rumor mills...

There is a pokemon event where they are emphasizing Lucario, Chimchar, Treeko, Oshawatt, Zoraurk, and Sableye... that's an... interesting group...

I don't watch the anime... but they all seem like likely Mega evolution candidates to me

Lucario has a mega form

Chimchar, treeko, and oshawatt are starters like torchic

Zoraurk is insanely popular

And Sableye is rivals with Mawhile, whom is a confirmed mega. Can't do something to one and not the other... that's the laws of pokemon

For all you Americans: The Nintendo Experience Tour will include demos of X and Y. Lucky sons of... Anyway, the dates are:

Detroit - Briarwood Mall | Macy’s Corridor - August 31st/September 1st
Indianapolis - Castleton Square | Center Court - September 8th/9th
Chicago Orland Square | Upper Caron's Court - September 14th
Chicago - Woodfield Mall | Grand Court - September 15th
Milwaukee - Southridge Mall | Center Court - September 21st/22nd
Minnesota - Southdale Center | Center Court - September 25th
Kansas City - Independence Center | Lower Level Dilliard's Court - September 28th/29th
Tulsa - Woodland Hills Mall | Dilliard's Court - October 2nd
Dallas - Grapevine Mills | Entry 2 - October 5th/6th
Houston - Houston Galleria | Galleria IV in front of Adidas - October 12th/13th
Denver - Colorado Mills | Food Court - October 16th
Tempe - Arizona Mills | Food Court or Saks Court - October 19th/20th
San Francisco - Great Mall | Grand Court - October 26th
San Francisco - Stroneridge Shopping Center | Grand Court - October 27th
Los Angeles - Brea Mall | Lower Level Center Court - November 2nd
Los Angeles Del Amo Fashion Center | Lower Level JoAnn's Court November 3rd

You know... That demo version with the Mewtwo, and the new Mewtwo movie, combined with the fact that they went out of their way to make the movie tie in to the anime regular instead of just producing it standalone and not worry about where in the timeline it fits, makes me think that Mewtwo may or may not have some important role in the X and Y anime... But I may be reading too much into this. -_-

I actually have mixed feelings about his mega evolution. On the one hand, it makes him look more like a child. On the other hand, it gives a more streamlined appearance. I got the impression that the mega evolution would drop his attack, defense, and possibly HP stats while raising his Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and speed stats.

And I keep hearing that Ash looks older in the X and Y trailer. This generally indicates they're targeting a slightly older audience, which usually means they'd be showing slightly deeper themes. And since Mewtwo already has his own controversy merely by existing... he's a pretty strong character to have as part of the main cast. Again, I may be reading too deeply into this.

I actually have mixed feelings about his mega evolution. On the one hand, it makes him look more like a child. On the other hand, it gives a more streamlined appearance. I got the impression that the mega evolution would drop his attack, defense, and possibly HP stats while raising his Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and speed stats.

And I keep hearing that Ash looks older in the X and Y trailer. This generally indicates they're targeting a slightly older audience, which usually means they'd be showing slightly deeper themes. And since Mewtwo already has his own controversy merely by existing... he's a pretty strong character to have as part of the main cast. Again, I may be reading too deeply into this.

Pokemon target audience are kids around 6-10 where most of the audience is like 16+, I find that funny, so I assume they would have to make Ash grow up in the Anime now.

Just my opinion but I like mewtwo's regular form, not that I hate his mega but it could have been better. Like I said Just my opinion but most that I have talked to don't like it. Ash does look a little older but that might just be the new animation style, fingers crossed for him actually being older.

Hopefully your right about the deeper themes.

If they get deeper, it won't be by much. Probably just hints and implied things. If the audience gets into it, they might actually expand on those things later. That's how I would do it if I were running the company.

EDIT: Thinking about it, Team Flair actually provides a more realistic goal than any other Team in the Pokemon franchise- getting rich. Rather than world domination or awakening a sleeping god, making lots of money is a far more plausible goal. And TBH, it actually tends to have far graver results than the other two on the path. So really, while their modus operandi is simpler, it's effects are more apparent and easily understood, and can actually be explored more deeply, as opposed to the previous generations' teams, whose goals and motivations were much more obvious, and thus could be fully comprehended without digging deeply into motives.

...That could have been worded better, but I am not good with words. Maybe someone could phrase it better? I think I got my point across, though...

Edited by NeoDarklight

I haven't watched more than a handful of episodes in the last couple of years, really anything would be an improvement.

What do you think of the new trainer, and did they ever actually confirm whether or not you could customize yourself in the game.

I haven't watched more than a handful of episodes in the last couple of years, really anything would be an improvement.

What do you think of the new trainer, and did they ever actually confirm whether or not you could customize yourself in the game.

I have neither seen nor heard anything about such a function in anything about the games. Perhaps there will be DLC for outfits?

A while back when some of the first pictures from the nearly completed game were released everybody on YouTube was going crazy because the trainer(meaning us) was looking in a mirror. Naturally a bunch of fan speculation came shortly after.

I refer you to Oshawott. The biggest troll line ever.

"Looks like water/fighting.....Fuck you GF"

what is you sayin?

ok yea i meant satoshi it was late at night and i dont wanna hear your thoughts ikaru as to the info its not just rumors like i knew mawile was go get a evo, like sabelye stantler and dunsparce too idk why stantler was a candidtae tho, two 3rd gen 2 2nd

I have neither seen nor heard anything about such a function in anything about the games. Perhaps there will be DLC for outfits?

actually you can customize the trainer look at PLL was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNiECR74xtM he also said it too and if AND i say if we are both right like the other two people who think this i dont want no apologies or i told you so's