Nostalgia, Ultra. (Peaked #1)

Duster

Nostalgia, Ultra.

post-11298-0-11325300-1355008382.jpg

Wuddup Reborn, be prepared for my first ever RMT and let me tell you it will be a doozy.

To give you a backstory of my experience at BW2, it has been awful. In plain old BW I peaked at number 3 with a balanced rain team with a core of Toxicroak and Latias. That was great. I felt really accomplished and proud and whatnot, but then BW2 came around. The meta-game became so unbelievable offensive with the new popularity of Genesect and I just couldn't adjust to it. My world of balanced/defensive teams was slowly crumpling before me and I didn't know what to do. Lost, confused, and afraid I retreated to the dark corners of the 1100 rating. Then a warm ray of hope revealed itself to me. I saw a beautiful rain core of Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Breloom and this hyper offensive team was born. I have to thank Rupe and whoever popularized Kingdra/Ludicolo because from their two respective rain teams I found the inspiration to make this one, but just for kicks here is a pic of me peaking.

post-11298-0-56716800-1355006407.jpg

Yayyyyyyy for my highest ranking ever. Anyway here is the team.

post-11298-0-91798600-1355006961.png

Deoxys-S

EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spd)

Trait: Pressure

Item: Focus Sash

-Spikes

-Stealth Rock

-Taunt

-Shadow Ball

Deoxys-S is the best lead in the game for spikes and stealth rock. This is set simple, lay as many entry hazards as possible. Taunt to prevent other taunts and entry hazards and shadow ball if they send out a Xatu or Espeon. I used to have magic coat over shadow ball, but Xatu has become so popular that I had to replace it.

post-11298-0-38720300-1355007391.jpg

Politoed

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def

Nature: Bold (-Atk, +Def)

Trait: Drizzle

Item: Leftovers

-Scald

-Perish Song

-Ice beam

-Protect

Pretty self explanatory defensive toad set. Ice beam for dragons, protect for lefties and to scout Genesect. If anyone has a better set let me know.

post-11298-0-18143500-1355008411.png

Kingdra

Nature: Modest (-Atk, +SAtk)

Trait: Swift Swim

Item: Choice Specs

-Surf

-Hydro Pump

-Draco Meteor

-Ice Beam

Hell yeah. First part of my core. If predict right some poke is going to die by this thing. This set really is all about prediction though. If I use surf and someone switches into Amoongus, opposing Kingdra, or a poke that absorbs water then I lose momentum. So it takes skill, but it is really really good. It will sweep teams with rocks and spikes if they aren't prepared to handle it.

post-11298-0-03204900-1355008764.jpg

Breloom

EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

Nature: Jolly (-SAtk, +Atk)

Trait: Technician

Item: Fist Gem

-Spore

-Swords Dance

-Bullet Seed

-Mach Punch

Double hell yeah. Breloom does a great job of threatning all opposing weather and Ferrothorn, which are two giant thorns in my side. Unfortunately, it adds another problem with Xatu, which is currently the most annonying poke for me to face, but besides that it is fantastic. Fist gem over life orb because it dies extremely quickly with recoil.

post-11298-0-11174400-1355009052.gif

Ludicolo

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spd)

Trait: Swift Swim

Item: Life Orb

-Surf

-Ice Beam

-Giga Drain

-Focus Blast

Triple hell yeah. My primary goal is to sweep with this bad boy. It has great coverage and is walled by very very few pokes under rain ( Chansey and Blissey are the only two that come to mind). Timid over Modest to outspeed Scarf Genesect which is really nice. With the opponents team weakened by Kingdra and Breloom this thing should have no problem being a late game cleaner. All praise goes to the Mexican.

post-11298-0-67453100-1355009328.jpg

Azumarill

EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 HP

Nature: Adamant (-SAtk, +Atk)

Trait: Huge Power

Item: Choice Band

-Aqua Jet

-Waterfall

-Superpower

-Frustration

I really have no idea what to put in this last spot. I peaked using Azumarill, so thats why I'm putting it here. But recently I have started using Porygon2 and it has worked out really well. It just depends what my mood is. Azumarill provides a nice secondary priority, but gets walled by the most common rain counters such as Jellicent, Amoongus, and Latias, but provides more offensive presence than Porygon2, despite Porygon2 beating it in the bulk category. It just depends, still it does its job well.

So there is the team. I love any criticism to make it better, because the meta has now shifted to counter teams like this. Pokes like Amoongus and Xatu are becoming commonplace and I'm having a hard time handling them. And just if your curious, the name of the team comes from the album I was listening to while making this rmt, check it out it's really cool.

hi, i'll put a longer rate later but straight off the bat:

I run 176 speed EVs on azumarill to outspeed shit like skarm/scizor/ttar when they're speed creeping (180 speed)

Ice punch over Frustration can be used to hit amoonguss and xatu hard also.

other stuff: run super power on deoxys-s so you can possibly win the weather war on the first turn against ttar.

maybe run 192 HP EVs on politoed (369 HP) and put the rest into SP def / SP atk. 369 HP gives you maximum leftovers recovery which could come in handy.

Edit: also put 4 sp def EVs on all your pokemon without the 4 EVs. this is so gene gets +1 atk instead of sp atk so rp gene cant wreck you as much.

Edited by Rupe

Okay, just a few things here to add that might help.

Timid Kingdra - Helps win the war vs other kingdras since you have nothing for it.

Dragon pulse > Hydro Pump - Dragon pulse helps sweep when all the steel types are dead, and Hydro isn't needed since it's specs.

Tornadus-T > Ludicolo - Tornadus-T Specs Hurricane wrecks almost everything, especially amoonguss since you are walled by it. He also helps against Techniloom which you also have a problem with.

Just a few things I guess, pretty decent team for Rain. 7.5/10

nice team : D! Quick suggestion would be to teach politoed encore so that it would help breloom set up since ice beam only comes in handy against grass and dragon poke but why would you stay in against a grass poke and perish song plus protect already stop most dragon pokemon from setting up : P. il give more detailed analyses after i get better look : P.

Fj please refrain to post if you're not talking about the team.

Anyway, first all other rain teams would simply destroy you. Like chemical said, timid>modest on kingdra.

Tornadus is simply loling at you. I mean, really. Every time he come in, something will die. Cm rachi could be an option here, over ludi ofc.

Other than that, what's your switch-in for ttar ? Loom don't wanna be hitted, neither azumarill. You should just replace azumarill with Scarf gene. You lack a scarfer, and azu is really meh.

And huh yeah, Deo-s set is really weird. Copy/paste one from smogon or something.

Finally, I don't want to be rude or anything, but it's REALLY not even a little original. I mean, if I take last kam or chemical rmt, well yeah, they were rain spam, but with some underated mons and cool sets. Here, the only original thing is azu; and it's kinda random. Don't take it as an offense; but kingdra+loom+ludi have been seen alot and I don't get the point of the rmt.

Personally, I'd never rmt double SS just because I peaked #1 or something.

But it was really nice to read. Add an exportable and put your screen of your ranking under spoiler would also be good. (if that's already the case then soz, posting from mobile).

Later' :)

Fj please refrain to post if you're not talking about the team.

Anyway, first all other rain teams would simply destroy you. Like chemical said, timid>modest on kingdra.

Tornadus is simply loling at you. I mean, really. Every time he come in, something will die. Cm rachi could be an option here, over ludi ofc.

Other than that, what's your switch-in for ttar ? Loom don't wanna be hitted, neither azumarill. You should just replace azumarill with Scarf gene. You lack a scarfer, and azu is really meh.

And huh yeah, Deo-s set is really weird. Copy/paste one from smogon or something.

Finally, I don't want to be rude or anything, but it's REALLY not even a little original. I mean, if I take last kam or chemical rmt, well yeah, they were rain spam, but with some underated mons and cool sets. Here, the only original thing is azu; and it's kinda random. Don't take it as an offense; but kingdra+loom+ludi have been seen alot and I don't get the point of the rmt.

Personally, I'd never rmt double SS just because I peaked #1 or something.

But it was really nice to read. Add an exportable and put your screen of your ranking under spoiler would also be good. (if that's already the case then soz, posting from mobile).

Later' :)

I think the reason behind Azumarill's addition was most likely due to the lack of physical attackers, with the only other one being breloom (which, as you said, rain teams stomp on). Azumarill is actually viable, believe it or not, due to huge power. I'm completely agree with Rupe on this one, Azumarill needs Speed EVs, and Ice Punch is prefferable over frustration. If you're gonna try to make Azumarill viable in OU, you're going to need to make it offensive, because otherwise it'll be stomped on. Scarf Genesect is another option, but that's completely up to you.

Also, Skwayz, I feel you're nitpicking a bit too much on originality. There's a difference between great originality and just putting in never used pokemon to try and make a team out of it. This team may have a major cast of unoriginal pokemon, but you also have to make a team WORK to use it, you can't just expect anything supernatural. The core is solid, and the team is built well, it's just that it's lacking some proper distribution of moves and EVs. It IS unoriginal, but it works, and I honestly think that matters more than originality (unless you end up grabbing a set from Smogon trolololol).

Team as it stands is 8/10. Make some adjustments to your EVs and moves, and consider a scarfer over two SSers.

Me here.

• Team's got a Bug and Flying weakness. If you gave your team a Steel-type like Skarmory, that problem can be easily fixed. (I avoid saying Jirachi / Metagross / Zonger as they all take Bug moves neutral and Lucario still can't survive a Tornadus-T Hurricane easily.)
  • Perhaps there's a better move than Shadow Ball for Deoxys-S. Thunder / Thunderbolt, perhaps? Given the common-ness of rain teams, it might be a good idea. Or maybe go physical and smash Tyranitar with Superpower (what Rupe said).
  • Once again, I fail to agree with Berserker. Politoed's fine as is.
  • Dunno what you think, but I like a Grass Gem more than a Fighting Gem on Breloom. Since the boost from the Gem applies to all strikes in a multi-strike attack, it could seriously hurt a switch-in. However, the Fighting Gem would be useful for when shit gets tight.
  • More or less everything Roo the Baka said. Team works, but you don't need two Swimmers, perhaps a Scarfer. I recommend Starmie. Sounds stupid, but it works. In the words of Smogon, who says it better than I could:
  • "While Choice Scarf seems like a very strange item to give to such a naturally fast Pokemon, Choice Scarf Starmie is a revenge killer in the strictest sense of the word. Its ability to not only outspeed +1 threats, but even some +2 threats, namely Dragonite locked into Outrage or lacking ExtremeSpeed, Gyarados, Cloyster, and Venusaur, really comes in handy. Though Choice Scarf looks similar to the Choice Specs set, it plays very differently, mainly because it's not meant to break down Pokemon; instead, it focuses on outspeeding and handily KOing threats. With a powerful STAB Hydro Pump, as well as BoltBeam coverage, Starmie has everything it needs to be an effective revenge killer. Furthermore, it is capable of crippling its most common switch-ins, as well as lead Deoxys-D, with Trick. As a bonus, Starmie retains its monstrous Speed even after using Trick."

8/10 is my rating as well. Two glaring weaknesses, but if you throw a Skarm in there somewhere (perhaps in the place of Deoxys somehow?) you have the weaknesses wiped out.

I never said Azu was an useless pokemon.

But look at the description; Azu is nice but really there are some better mons here like toxifag, terrak, or even CB Dnite if you want to keep a priority (gene is mostly to switch on ttar 'directly', and because of the lack of scarfers).

And again, double ss + loom is pretty common, that's just my point here. I personally abuse that kind of teams, it does the job, but that's all. Originality is for me, for exemple, an underated pokemon that fit the team really well (like kam's thundu-i) or some pokes overused but rarely seen together. Plus, a deo-s+double SS rmt have been posted here by 49th parallel, a really nice and well done one.

Again, no offense dude. Just my point of view here.