The Dustbusters. [BL Sand Team]

Hedron

~The Dustbusters~

Hi kids. Hedron here bringing you a new non-OU weather team. Today we have BL sand. I recently made this team and it has been doing fairly well, so I decided I would share it and see what you all think. I've only had 3 battles with it so far, but it's 3-0. Anyway, let's just get into it :]

The Goons

449.png28.png508.png251.png462.png473.png

In-Depth Analysis

449.png

Hippopotas @ Eviolite

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk IMPISH

Ability: Sand Stream

~Stealth Rock

~Whirlwind

~Earthquake

~Slack Off

This is basically just a standard hippowdon set, except it has eviolite instead of leftovers. This thing functions as my sand-starter, rock-setter, and physical wall. Whirlwind is there to phase out physical sweepers, Earthquake is there to get some nice STAB damage when I can't do anything else or feel uncomfortable switching, and slack off is there as a reliable form of recovery.

28.png

Sandslash @ Life Orb

252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ADAMANT

Ability: Sand Rush

~Swords Dance

~Rapid Spin

~Earthquake

~Stone Edge

One of my two Sand Rush sweepers. It has a function as a spinner, sweeper, and it has respectable defense if it absolutely HAS to take a hit. Swords Dance is there to sweep, Rapid Spin is there to remove hazards set up on hippopotas, and Earthquake and Stone Edge are there to get nice coverage on most of the BL metagame.

508.png

Stoutland @ Life Orb

252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP ADAMANT

Ability: Sand Rush

~Frustration

~Wild Charge

~Superpower

~Ice Fang

Another part of my physical core, and a rather effective wallbreaker. This thing is fast. REALLY fast. Also, my choice of Life Orb over Choice Band helps me get more flexibility on my opponents team, since most of what i'll be attacking with stoutland will die in 1 hit regardless. Frustration is there for some nice STAB damage, Wild Charge is there for nice damage against Flying / Water pokes, Superpower is to break Steel / Rock pokes, and Ice Fang is mainly there as filler, but also can help with dragons if the situation arises.

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers

252 HP / 60 SpA / 196 Spe TIMID

Ability: Natural Cure

~Nasty Plot

~Giga Drain

~Recover

~HP Fire

People that know me know that I almost always use the TinkerBell Celebi set (T-wave with heal bell), but this time i decided to try a bulky fast sweeper. The EVs are there so Celebi's natural bulk can be used at it's max potential. I didn't feel the need to run max SpA because of how much celebi's SpA can reach after +2, +4, and +6. Giga Drain and HP Fire counterbalance eachother rather nicely, Nasty Plot is there to boost, and Recover is there so I can be at a comfortable amount of HP at all times.

462.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf

252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP TIMID

Ability: Magnet Pull

~Volt Switch

~Thunderbolt

~Flash Cannon

~HP Fire

Scarf Magnezone is rather interesting because it can outspeed a lot of non-boosted pokes and it's coverage and nice Sp. Att lets it function as a viable revenge killer. Volt Switch is there to predict switches and kill low-HP pokes, Thunderbolt is there as a more reliable form of STAB, Flash Cannon is there for Rock Pokes and more STAB that thunderbolt doesn't hit, and HP Fire is there to kill steel and grass pokes.

473.png

Mamoswine @ Life Orb

252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP TIMID

Ability: Thick Fat

~Ice Shard

~Icicle Crash

~Earthquake

~Superpower

My priority killer. This thing has access to some very viable stab moves in both icicle crash and earthquake, which have very nice coverage that makes mamoswine viable in both BL and OU. Superpower is rather a questionable choice, but it's been working for me. Stone Edge might be a better option, but, if you wish to use this team, that is for you to decide.

So, that was my team. It still needs some work and I am well aware that it doesn't have much of a defensive presence outside of Hippopotas. Leave your suggestions in the comments and don't forget to leave a like if you liked the team! :]

Importable

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Whirlwind

- Slack Off

Stoutland (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Frustration

- Wild Charge

- Superpower

- Ice Fang

Sandslash (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rapid Spin

- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 60 SAtk / 196 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Giga Drain

- Recover

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Nasty Plot

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Volt Switch

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Flash Cannon

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Thick Fat

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

- Superpower

- Icicle Crash

Hey, me here.

• I hope you can keep control of the weather. If hail is up and Hippo's dead, you might be done for.
  • Have you tried Mamoswine with Focus Sash / Endeavor-Ice Shard? On a team of sweepers, many of which not being able to take boosted hits well, it might save your ass.
  • Celebi sounds cool in BL, but it's really not, and especially not on a sand team, even if it's of the bulky variety. Just not great on a tier full of Ice-types and Pokemon named Darmanitan and Heracross. You have so many better options, including Virizion (does better vs. Ice-types with its Special Defense and Fighting typing), Empoleon (fairly bulky special attacker which double-resists Ice, resists Water, and takes Grass surprisingly well) and a slew of others.
  • You've got an offensively inclined team, so it wouldn't hurt to have a more defensively focused Pokemon. I recommend Quagsire.
  • About Berserker's comment, Ditto's OU so don't worry about it. (EDIT: He changed the Pokemon mentioned to Smeargle, but even then it can't do much to you outside of Spore.)

7.5/10 is my rating.

Nice Team I dont play BL

But Team Looking Nice

why not Leaf Storm On Celebi Instead Of Giga Drain ?

Because Celebi, as he described it, is meant to be a bulky sweeper, so Giga Drain helps tons with that. Not to mention, Leaf Storm can limit your sweeping if you set up because Celebi's special attack won't help all that much outside of Nasty Plot

• About Berserker's comment, Ditto's OU so don't worry about it.

Berserker said Smeargle, not Ditto. Smeargle's BL.

I was gonna point out some stuff aswell... but then Ryan beat me to it.

7.5/10

Celebi BL ?

silly reborn tiers

Are you actually going to contribute to the RMT, or are you just going to say something about Reborn's tiers?

Oh, and with Ferrothorn in OU, I'm not sure how effective HP Fire is going to be on Magnezone. If there's an alternate option, you might want to take that.

Celebi BL ? silly reborn tiers

Please refrain from posting if you're not gonna contribute.

So, the team seems a wee bit shaky. Being a BL team, you're kinda at a huge disadvantage with Ice Type Pokemon. It wouldn't take much for a hail team to come in, and have a little fun with you, especially Kyruem. To fix this, I recommend something that can deal with them, and benefit/function in sand.

You've got Bronzong who would add some much needed defense to this team, while playing the support role.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Light Clay

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Gyro Ball

- Light Screen

- Reflect

- Stealth Rock

640.gif

Virizion @ Leftovers / Life Orb

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Focus Blast

- Giga Drain

- Calm Mind

- Hidden Power [ice]

Nidoking can also do work, as long as you watch out for Weaville's Ice Shard, and Kyruem

034.gif

[Nidoking] (M/F) @ [Choice Scarf]

Trait: Sheer Force

EVs: [252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP]

[Nature] Modest

- Earth Power

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower/Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

Also, it'd help if you actually played more with the team before bringing it to be rated. Issues like these probably could've been worked out if you battled more with it.

• 1 month later...