My New New OU Team.

Conor

Hey guys, i know i just made an RMT for my hyper offense team, but I got bored with that team fairly quickly and made this team instead. It's been working out really well except for a couple things that i hope you guys can help me work out. Well, here it is.

At A Glance

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif392.gif237.gif233.gif598.gif

Team Building Process

649-burn.gif

I started off with my favorite lead Genesect. I love U-turning into Ferrothorn and setting up some hazards, or into my other wall porygon2 to toxic or get a free boltbeam hit.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif

I decided if i was going to run Genesect, why not make a volt turn offensive core. rotom W is a perfect combo with genesect because of volt turn. Genesect and Rotom W cover each other's weaknesses almost perfectly and can use volt turn and u turn to switch to either and wall the incoming attack. Its really a very popular strategy and I'm just trying to give some kind of explanation even though probably most of you have seen it a million times.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif

I then realized I needed hazards, so i decided to use my favorite physical wall Ferrothorn. He can Lay hazards, wall incoming physical attacks and deal damage to the opponent. I like to u turn into ferrothorn on the very first turn if im up against a physical attack to force a switch and lay SR.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif113.gif

I decided next off I needed a special wall. I decided to go with Chansey, the very popular sp def sponge who could wall any special attack i needed it too. I could also use Toxic or T wave, depending on which i was using at the time, to cripple the incoming opponent on the switch.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif233.gif

I soon realised that chansey wasn't what i was looking for. Chansey has no offensive capability which and i needed a tank with at least some offense. Porygon2 came in and did a great job. he could tank a lot of special attacks, and some no super effective physical attacks as well. He also has recover and access to boltbeam which is fantastic. Also, like chansey, Porygon2 could toxic stall out of certain situations.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif233.gif392.gif

Next up on the list is Infernape. I thought it might be nice to have a mixed attacker to break stall teams. Infernape fit that role perfectly in gen 4, and still does today. Mix ape just wrecks lots of things and can ruin a teams synergy. once the opposing teams synergy is ruined, volt turn can come in and finish the team off.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif233.gif392.gif373.gif

The final pokemon i chose to use was Salamence. Salamence was used to come in end game and just sweep. after one dragon dance, moxiemence is a very big threat. Once the threat of Ice shard and ferrothorn are gone, Salamence should have no problem.

649-burn.gif479-wash.gif598.gif233.gif392.gif237.gif

Well turns out i was wrong and Mence wasn't working out the way i wanted him too. he could do his job just fine against any non weather team. The problem was that Slamence could literally do nothing against weather teams, which is over 50% of teams on our ladder. So i decided that the team was lacking a spinner and priority. Hitmontop was the best option IMO. He has fake out, mach punch, and sucker punch, 3 different forms of priority that can just handle any situation. Also he has rapid spin to spin away hazards that wear down my volt turn. He also isn't working out exactly the way i wanted but he is doing better on the team than Salamence so I kept him. I'm right now considering a mamoswine because bulky Hippo is a problem. Swine can resist sand, crush hippos with ice, and has access to priority.

Team

649-burn.gif @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Download

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- U-turn

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

Pretty classical Genesect set, except i forgot the 4 evs for attack. I fixed it so don't worry about that one haha. lead who can scout with u turn, or use any of his 3 special attacks to take down a frail opposing lead.

598.gif (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Power Whip

Ferrothorn here is my physical wall. Max def with a few attack evs invested to power up his two attacking moves. SR is the hazard of choice and leech seed is for recovery. I sometimes put Rocky Helmet over leftovers and it works just as well depending on what teams I am facing.

233.gif@ Eviolite

EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Toxic

- Ice Beam

- Recover

Porygon2 is my special defense tank. Bolt Beam has some pretty awesome coverage. can take down most things that i switch into. Toxic is to toxic stall obviously and spread status. Recover to recover hp lost while tanking, i can either recover or Toxic the incoming pokemon depending on my health.

392.gif (F) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Fire Blast

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Hidden Power [ice]

Infernape is my stall breaker. Fire Blast for skarm. Equake is for heatran. CC for chansey / Blissey, Tttar, and also heatrans with air balloon. HP Ice is for gliscor which are less common but still around. expert belt makes super effective hits even more powerful, which is very useful since stall walls can tank super effective hits sometimes. I decided to use it over life orb because damage from life orb and sand is really to much for nape to handle.

479-wash.gif @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Trick

- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom W is the classical set. max evs in Speed and SP Attk to maximize its volt turn potential. Trick to ruin set ups and will o wisp is to burn the set up pokemon after i trick it.

237.gif (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Fake Out

- Sucker Punch

- Mach Punch

- Rapid Spin

Hitmontop has triple priority to handle anything once i've worn it down. Mainly here to handle excadrill and other fast threats. Hitmontop also has rapid spin, which is very useful for this team. If i let hazards go up my pokemon can be worn down big time because I am always switching.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf

- U-turn

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Power Whip

Porygon2 @ Eviolite

EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef

- Thunderbolt

- Toxic

- Ice Beam

- Recover

Infernape (F) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Fire Blast

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Hidden Power [ice]

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Trick

- Will-O-Wisp

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Fake Out

- Sucker Punch

- Mach Punch

- Rapid Spin

It's a-me!

• The cliché Genesect with a Scarf is slowly being less used as people are now using scarfed Pokemon that can Focus Blast the crap out of everything. That and sets with Genesect can generally be very predictable. It's certainly not going to go down easily, but use with caution.
  • Hitmontop is a bro. I haven't seen that set before, and I'm surprised. Triple priority is awesome. However, with a Pokemon that defensive I'm thinking that there might be something better for it than a Leftovers, perhaps an item to boost offense like a Life Orb.
  • I should add that barring Infernape this team is really weak to sun teams. There might be some better walls out there for blocking, like a bulkier Water-type than Rotom-W as it's toast against Chlorophyll threats. Then again, you'll have a ball against every other weather.

This one gets a 9/10 from me. It's a cool team that fights well through rain and sand. Perhaps hail as well.

hey

Genesect @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- U-turn

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

- Flamethrower

This has a more efficient EV spread. Naive Nature to survive Breloom Mach Punch at 100% hp.

If you're adamant on running P2, run T-wave > Toxic so you can para SS/SR/Chlorophyll users and not get swept(excadrill can still get you if Rotom-W doesn't have enough HP).

I don't think your Hitmontop is really worth it. Try out breloom, retains priority, a better user of technician and better sweeping capabilities(and your team lacks a dedicated sweeper)

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers / Fight Gem / Leftovers

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Mach Punch

- Swords Dance

- Bullet Seed

- Spore

Reliable Breloom :]

A few other things: Try running 88 EVs on Ferrothorn in sp def, he really doesn't need them in atk.

Try running Chesto Rest Rotom-W, he's really cool and provides more bulk and survivability to combat excadrill / kingdra a lot better.

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry

EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

- Rest

(Can edit the EVs for more bulk and less special attack)Will-O-Wisp is slashed because it's really a matter of preference, you either want their attack halved or their speed divided by 4.

good bye

Edited by Rupe

It looks very original, but here are some tips.

~Jellicent. jellicent is a great partner for this team, as of right now you have no fighting resist. Breloom would have a field day with your team @ +2Att. J

ellicent gets rids of your Volt-turn, but imo this team doesnt need volt-turn to work.

~Spikes > Stealth Rocks. I think you should swap SR on ferro with spikes. it will give you better hazard damage and help kill off weather users better, or opposing VTurn.

~SR > EQ. SR on Infernape is better than EQ. I honestly dont know why EQ is here. CC and FBlast cover perfectly together, I would also swap HP Ice with Mach Punch to deal with Excadrill and Terrakion better.

Pretty nice team though in general, 7/10.