LoL General Chat

The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, uh, what am I supposed to build on midlane Varus lately? I honestly have no idea where to go after BC>CDR boots and sort of just build whatever looks the most interesting

I like Ryze's new E. I liked his previous ulti tho and while an AoE Tahm Kench ulti is neat, it's not quite the same

So, uh, what am I supposed to build on midlane Varus lately? I honestly have no idea where to go after BC>CDR boots and sort of just build whatever looks the most interesting

Actually, your core is tear > ghost blade/hex/CDR boots.

If they are really MR/CC heavy, get QSS. Get BC if you are ahead, otherwise, stick to Last Whisper of even both if you're that rich.You can sneak in a Death's Dance in there somewhere if you want.

Edited by Jiggle

I like Ryze's new E. I liked his previous ulti tho and while an AoE Tahm Kench ulti is neat, it's not quite the same

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean, his previous ult was the most boring shit in the universe though. It was like... Draven's W... but your ultimate. ((both give a speed boost and were like "There's a FIGHT!!!" button and that's it.)) Honestly it was like basically not really having an utl since the only real cast conditon was "Break Glass In Case of Teamfight/Duel" because the CD was low enough that it wasn't really even down. He at least has an ult that has decision making in it now. It's also pretty short range from the looks, can carry minions along etc... it's got a lot more DIFFERENT ((keyword.)) use cases than Tahm's Ult and it's on a more offensively inclined character than Tahm. That makes it a lot more interesting in that it is used in different situations than Tahm's. But, that's my opinion ((which is probably shitty.)) but eh... I honestly don't find steroid abilities fun, ESPICALLY when they take away my ultimate ability slot for anything slightly more compelling.

ALso, thank god they are removing the spell stacking system. It always made Ryze feel worse to me. Because it became so backwards espically with how it was based on Overload's CD how much your other spells got reduced by, therefore it made leveling up Q a trap that there was not much indication of. The ability that looked like the ability you maxed first on any other champs was a noob trap... that felt so stupid to me. TO the point i actually kinda stopped playing the champion I was that upset by the decision. I like his new patterns and his new ability to have more straight forward combos that are easier and not as strangely arcane ((not a pun I swear.)). The way the rune charging works is interesting as well as how using your spells in different orders has different effects. It makes them feel a lot cooler and like they are overloading each other and it makes the magic feel super volitile and strange. You know... which feels really cool and thematic for Ryze as well. I'll probably picking him back up again afte rthis change for my magepool since I used to like Ryze a lot and he was a staple of mine.

People might also stop doing the whole "Oh Ryze players just smash their face on the keyboard." thing now that it's really clear that his spells combo together. Though, I'd honestly not mind being told I'm playing a champ for dumb people as I steamroll them into the ground. THe salt only makes their loss to me in lane taste oh so much better.

Actually, your core is tear > ghost blade/hex/CDR boots.

If they are really MR/CC heavy, get QSS. Get BC if you are ahead, otherwise, stick to Last Whisper of even both if you're that rich.You can sneak in a Death's Dance in there somewhere if you want.

Ghostblade? I mean, I guess? I don't really like Ghostblade on Jhin so I don't see myself liking it much on Varus either

And is Last Whisper not still garbage? Because people keep telling me to buy it when a couple weeks ago I would have been slaughtered if I bought it

I stopped buying Tear on midlane Varus a while ago, like, as in back when Brutalizer was still a thing

Ghostblade? I mean, I guess? I don't really like Ghostblade on Jhin so I don't see myself liking it much on Varus either

And is Last Whisper not still garbage? Because people keep telling me to buy it when a couple weeks ago I would have been slaughtered if I bought it

I stopped buying Tear on midlane Varus a while ago, like, as in back when Brutalizer was still a thing

Tear was changed a lot in the Mid-Year Mage Update. It refunds some mana on ability cast as well as the changes to how manamune works without being a toggle definitely makes it a lot better of a pick up then it was for awhile. It's a lot more sustainable of an item. I figure this would probs make it usable but I'm not a huuuuuge Varus player.

ALso Jhin and Varus work... pretty different. I'd not take how the item works on him to be any indication of how it works on Varus imo. Ghost Blade is the much better pen option imo, since it jsut gives it flat and you don't have to build it up. It jsut works better with the patterns I've noticed Varus having. Once again... imo.

Also Last Whisper was never entirely garbage even then. Which I'm pretty sure I've told you a bunch at this point to be honest. ((though I'm used to nobody ever listening to me.)) in that before it was good for tanks, but that was literally it and it impacted your damage elsewhere. However, now with the small kickback to damage makes it a bit less dead weight against the squishies if you need it fro shredding.

Oh right, I forgot about the tear changes TBH, might be a pretty good choice now, actually

You'd be surprised how similar Varus and Jhin actually are in the midlane

And yes, the flat pen is good if you're only bopping with arrows. But I still don't like Ghostblade. I suppose I'll try it, although the rage drop will make it a lot tougher to stack my W in trades when Ghostblade's active is down

Oh right, I forgot about the tear changes TBH, might be a pretty good choice now, actually

You'd be surprised how similar Varus and Jhin actually are in the midlane

And yes, the flat pen is good if you're only bopping with arrows. But I still don't like Ghostblade. I suppose I'll try it, although the rage drop will make it a lot tougher to stack my W in trades when Ghostblade's active is down

You do you.

I just told you the cookie cutter build. It doesn't mean that it's the only way to play because that's what everyone builds it.~ You are entitled to play however you want to play.

These new emblem thingies seem stupid imo

I really wish I could just tell who in my game is queue'd together and who isn't. I think that knowing whether that that hyper-coordinated team is or isn't a dynamicqueue team would be much more helpful

The emblems are just 'tagging' the people using dynamic q and Idk if any of you look on the league subreddit but Dynamic Q users aren't very popular! The emblems were clearly just put in from the pressure of reddit feeling hard done by. Personally I feel they shouldn't be there, I'm a soloq player mainly but now it gives me even less incentive to play ranked because I don't like the idea of being tagged for my preference even if its the favoured one.

and yeah it would be nice to know who's premade. Usually I have to go by club tags but not everyone uses them.

Edited by RudeStyle

LoL's finally got a figma of one of its Champions.

I wonder who it could be...

Actually really nice to see Goodsmile collaborate with Riot with another figure

Let's hope it's going to be an exclusive to riot store only and not limited time thing because last time that happened, the Ahri nendoroids went for 200+ usd on ebay >>

• Administrators

Didn't they already do something with Ahri that they ended up recalling or otherwise changing their mind and/or goofing up? Either way, I'm pretty okay with Yasuo, if only for his voice actor.

Didn't they already do something with Ahri that they ended up recalling or otherwise changing their mind and/or goofing up? Either way, I'm pretty okay with Yasuo, if only for his voice actor.

They did! I mentioned in my previous post, but Nendoroid Ahri was a Worlds 2014 exclusive. Nendoroid and Figma both belong to the same company, so it's no surprise that they would collaborate once again.

AhriNendo1.jpeg

So, I happened to be lurking around on Facebook earlier, and came across an interesting GIF about new PROJECT Skins, and well I checked Surrender@20 and well 3 new PROJECT skins are going to be coming: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/07/project-disruption.html#more

Ashe

Ekko

Katarina

• Administrators

SONA CHANGES HYPE
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ALREADY BUT I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE AND I HAVE TO CLEAN TODAY ;_;

ALSO PROJECT ASHE HYPE HNNNNG

So, I happened to be lurking around on Facebook earlier, and came across an interesting GIF about new PROJECT Skins, and well I checked Surrender@20 and well 3 new PROJECT skins are going to be coming: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/07/project-disruption.html#more

Ashe

Ekko

Katarina

We needed another Ashe skin /s

Project Kata is kewl

Ekko seems to be getting skins galore lately, but I can't complain too much yet

i like ashe a lot ok. shh.

EDIT: WAIT.

you say that but then project katarina is cool? you WOUND me.

Kata doesn't have nearly as many good skins as Ashe

It's less about the quantity and more about "there's already multiple skins for this character that I would like, don't give more"