LoL General Chat

The Fush

Only one immediately comes to mind, that being Steel Legion Lux and her extremely deceptive hitboxes. Her skills look a lot smaller than normal but don't change functionally. Not sure if anything's been done about that but it used to be a big deal. There was a TF skin with nearly invisible cards but IIRC they fixed that

In general it's stuff with skillshot visibility, there might be some animation changes as well. I know some people have complained about the aforementioned Lux skin being harder to CS with due to the animation feeling different (personally I actually find it easier to CS with)

I've also heard complaints about Pulsefire Ezreal being unfair (followed by people whining about League being pay-to-win of course), but IDR what they were

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a lot of skins that are banned from the LCS as a result of issues regarding ability visibility. Here are a list of skins (that I know of) that are or have formerly been banned from use in professional play:

• Steel Legion Lux
  • iBlitzcrank
  • Justicar Syndra
  • Underworld Twisted Fate
  • Frostfire Annie
  • Arclight Varus
  • Blackthorn Morgana (has since received visual update)
  • Headhunter Nidalee
  • Overlord Malzahar...? (Malz hasn't seen LCS use in almost three years but I heard it was #banned anyway)

In all honesty, the argument regarding needing to own a ton of champs and rune pages to play competitively is kinda false. Tons of low IP costing champs are and for the forseeable future still strong and reliable picks, and you really only need to be able to competently play 3 or so champs per role to do well. Plus, with the new changes coming to matchmaking in season 6, you can get away with only maining one or two roles, further allowing you to do well with a small handful of champs. This can also tie in with less of a need for many runepages, as you'll only ever need one or two runepages for differing matchups.

Edited by Talkla

• Administrators

It's free to play for the patient or the dedicated then? Whether or not it's easier to pay doesn't detract from the fact that you pay nothing to jump in and play the game.

Yes, don't worry about paying for it. Riot has made sure the only thing that ACTUALLY can give you an edge over other people (that is, runes) are not buyable with RP. The most you can do with that is, like, buy an IP boost to make it faster lol. Everything you need to play the game is completely free.

There are a lot of skins that are banned from the LCS as a result of issues regarding ability visibility. Here are a list of skins (that I know of) that are or have formerly been banned from use in professional play:

• Steel Legion Lux
  • iBlitzcrank
  • Justicar Syndra
  • Underworld Twisted Fate
  • Frostfire Annie
  • Arclight Varus
  • Blackthorn Morgana (has since received visual update)
  • Headhunter Nidalee
  • Overlord Malzahar...? (Malz hasn't seen LCS use in almost three years but I heard it was #banned anyway)

when was Frostfire Annie banned? Mithy was using it last split

I believe Blackfrost Anivia is banned. Any skins with sunglasses on, this is because of Leona passive. So if you play Vayne, you kind of have to use a skin.

Skins with sunglasses aren't always banned - stances on them change depending on the region, and are sometimes affected by Leona's presence in the game. I don't know of a region that bans them outright though.

Frostfire Annie was banned until Spring 2015 when a Rioter confirmed it had been taken off the ol ban list.

EDIT: looked up NA and KR. Neither has any rulings on sunglass skins.

Skins with sunglasses aren't always banned - stances on them change depending on the region, and are sometimes affected by Leona's presence in the game. I don't know of a region that bans them outright though.

Frostfire Annie was banned until Spring 2015 when a Rioter confirmed it had been taken off the ol ban list.

EDIT: looked up NA and KR. Neither has any rulings on sunglass skins.

In places where sunglasses are banned, is Lee banned as well?

In places where sunglasses are banned, is Lee banned as well?

Not that I know of. Only Dragon Fist and Pool Party Lee should be affected.

And if all skins get that benefit, it's not like it's going to make a world of difference noting how Lee is generally built in competitive play, so chances are they'll just allow him anyway.

Side note about that new champ: the mask, affiliation with roses, and appreciation for beauty is very reminiscent of Vega, the Spanish claw-wielding ninja from the Street Fighter series.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that the new champion's name, Jhin, is derived from the Japanese word for "God". According to Shinto, there is a suijin (water god), kajin (a fire god), Fūjin (wind god), and dojin (earth god), among others. In the teasers, there are instances of fire, water, air, and earth appearing (fire = Vi, water = Garen, wind = Sona, and earth = Zed). This implies that the new champion, despite appearing to use guns, will draw heavily from Shinto, a Japanese religion, in possible addition to other sources of Japanese mythology.

Not that I know of. Only Dragon Fist and Pool Party Lee should be affected.

And if all skins get that benefit, it's not like it's going to make a world of difference noting how Lee is generally built in competitive play, so chances are they'll just allow him anyway.

Side note, I get some major Vega vibes from this new champ. He's masked, is affiliated with nature/roses/etc, and and has a thing for perfection and beauty.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that the new champion's name, Jhin, is derived from the Japanese word for "God". According to Shinto, there is a suijin (water god), kajin (a fire god), Fūjin (wind god), and dojin (earth god), among others. In the teasers, there are instances of fire, water, air, and earth appearing (fire = Vi, water = Garen, wind = Sona, and earth = Zed). This implies that the new champion, despite appearing to use guns, will draw heavily from Japanese mythology.

I find it interesting that Garen is water... I would think that Zed would be water mainly because of how fluid Zed moves

after looking at the teaser a bit more, i'm more inclined to think that the gun is more of a rifle of some sort rather then a pistol; once you see the champion's mask, you can see his shoulder to the right arching back like he's going to stand up and the clinking of his gun, it seemed like he was in some sort of sniper position before getting up

...I thought it was obvious that it was some kind of rifle. He comes off as being very sniper-y after all

I'm mostly just curious as to whether he;s going to be more of a caster or an assassin ADC (or if they're gonna go trololol and not make him an ADC at all?)

Loohcs tneve emag noitamina cisum