Rain for a Dusty Summer

Chemical

~Rain for a Dusty Summer~

~Introduction~

With countless ammounts of Excadrill's, Garchomp's, Kingdra's, and Ludicolo's, I knew something had to be done. When I first plotted the creation of this team, I knew I needed a defensive-core system with capability to recover lost HP's quickly. Immediatly what popped in my head was Volt-turn with a stronger defense core. But I wanted something original, something creative, something.. unique. I knew since this would be a team about momentum both offensively, and defensively, I needed a strong offensive-core as well. I then plotted a combination of the two best weather user's in the metagame. Rain and Sand. With this being said, let me introduce you to my most successful team in years.

~At a Hucking Glance~

186-2.gif230-2.gif591.gif248.gif530.gif227-2.gif

~Progression of the building~

186-1.gif
I knew I needed some sort of Genesect scouter. Politoed plays this part great. I've always been a fan of Perish Song Pass Politoed, (The Four P Toed) as it can let me get switch advantage on the force out switch when it counts to 1.

186-1.gif230-1.gif
With Rain being on the field, I knew I needed to take advantage of that. An amazing partner with Politoed is Kingdra. Spexdra is amazingly powerful, and with Swift Swim, it outspeeds almost every scarfer in the game, if not all of them.

186-1.gif230-1.gif591-2.png
Seeing as that Politoed and Kingdra both don't have great synergy together, I needed that Defensive-Core I was talking about. I first thought of using a Ferrothorn, but after hours of thought into a situational stand-point, Amoonguss was the perfect fit. Amoonguss also has his new DW (Dream World) Abillity 'Regenerator' which heals him 25% HP's on switch-out, which keeps that Quickly Re-gain HP's I was thinking of. Amoonguss also gave Politoed and Kingdra coverage. Amoonguss is also an amazing Breloom, Rotom-W, and Keldeo counter. Which the team so far was weak to.

186-1.gif230-1.gif591-2.png248-1.gif
Knowing I lacked a very important feature to every team, a Stealth Rock user, I quickly thought of Tyranitar. Tyranitar is an all-out beast. Firstly, you can never predict a Tyranitar's set. There is so much capability this guy has. With this Dual-Weather forming, I could see that Tyranitar was covered by Amoonguss, and Tyranitar covered Amoonguss. With the consistant frustration of not knowing what move I would make, or what weather I would stick with throughout the match, I knew this was the start of something beautiful.

186-1.gif230-1.gif591-2.png248-1.gif530-1.png
When I took a look at what I had so far, I realized I had no Physhical powerhouse to deal with Chansey/Blissey's. Seeing as I was using Swift Swim, I thought, " why not use Sand Rush"? Without a doubt I knew Excadrill was the perfect solution. Excadrill can sweep an entire team by himself in sand, let alone another 5 partners to back him up. Pokes like Skarmory, Gliscor, Techniloom (Technition Breloom) can handle Excadrill. But this also works out great for me, seeing I have Amoonguss for Techniloom, and Spexdra (Specs Kingdra) for Gliscor and/or Skarmory.

186-1.gif230-1.gif591-2.png248-1.gif530-1.png227-1.gif
And as we make our way to the Sixth and final member of my team, he brings this whole team together. Noting that I could easily be swept by a Garchomp or Excadrill in sand, I knew I needed a counter. Knowing I also wanted something that had Quick HP's recovery, I first thought of an Ice Fang Gliscor, but that just didnt seem right. I had no pure coverage for a +2Garchomp/Dragonite, and could easily destroy me. Then it hit me. Skarmory. Skarmory not only has Roost which heals 50% of his HP each time It's used, but he also carrys Spikes. A incredible Hazard move paired with Stealth Rocks. Skarmory can also Whirlwind out apposing Set-up Sweepers, or predict a switch and force them to switch again and fall into more hazards.

~In-Depth~

186.png

Kamina (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Encore

An amazing Genesect Scouter with Protect. Also Protect can stall out burn's from Scald, and/or Perish Song turn countdowns. Perish Song is to prevent a baton Passing Team from sweeping you, or a latias from setting up Calm Mind's for example. Encore can also help with this too. Encore can work on a poke such as a Cmind Jirachi going for Cmind before a Thunder. I can then switch to Excadrill and force a switch out. This is just an example, however, as this set works wonders with many other Pokemon's attempts to setup, and giving you the switch advantage. The EV spread is for living as many Tyranitar Crunch's as possible. Leftovers is obvious.

230.png

Skwayz (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Specs Kingdra is an all out beast. I prefer to use Modest over Timid purley for the fact that I don't need to worry about Kingdra vs Kingdra since I have Politoed and Amoonguss as safe switch ins. Modest just gives the Specs even more power, and can 2HKO SpDef Tyranitar after SR switch in. Dragon Pulse is just so you don't need to waste you SpAtt drop, and continue sweeping. Draco is just for a more powerful hit when you know DPulse won't KO. Ice beam is just for coverage purposes. The EV spread here gives Kingdra maximum Speed and SpAtt capability in throughout the battle.

591-1.png

Sprite (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

This Amoonguss set is purely Unstoppable with the correct Synergy. The EV spread is what I'd like to cover first. The defensive bulk allows you to live 3 Crunchs from Tyranitar before being forced to switch-out. You can also live a +2 Earthquake from a Jolly Excadrill with around 5% HP's left. The HP EV's are for bulk, most definetly. This maximizes Amoonguss's survivability emensely. Clear smog is for taking care of set-up's like Latias, conkeldur, and things of the such. It also does a nice 55-60% damage to Breloom tending that It's STAB. Stun Spore is to continue crippling the enemies Pokemons after one is Asleep. The real cool thing about Stun Spore, is that it Paralyzes Garchomp And Excadrill and etc, which Thunder Wave can't do. Giga Drain is just for STAB purposes, and hitting Pokes that don't resist it. You COULD use Shed Shell over Leftovers to escape Chandelure and use Amoonguss as bait and then trap with Tyranitar, but I feel as the Leftovers are needed. As Amoonguss's only way of recovery is with Regenerator. Same deal goes with Ferrothorn, you don't run Shed Shell on him because he just can't handle not having consistant recovery with no recovery moves. Make sure you're using Regenerator on this guy. It heals you by 25% of your maximum health everytime you switch him out. Which keeps the HP's high to the sky. =]

248-2.png

Slant (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Crunch

This is my favorite Tyranitar set. Stealth Rocks is a must-have. Simply because it breaks ALL sash'ed Pokemons, and breaks Dragonite's Multiscale, x4 to Volcarona's, and makes every Switched in Pokemon take 7% of damage. Pursuit is to KO/Close to KO Scarf Shadow Tag Chandelure, -2SpAtt Latios, and Ninetales. Roar is to force out set-up sweepers, crumble the hard work of a Baton Pass team (like crep's) and to continue the barrage of Hazard damage. Crunch can be switched with SE (Stone Edge) or SuperPower if you want. But in my personal opinion, I like to had Crunch incase I run into a pokemon that can like pursuit, but resist's those other two filler move's. Crunch is mainly used when hitting Politoed switch in's, or thing's like 50% Reuniclus. The EV spread is to give Tyranitar pure bulk, max survivability, and to be used at his best. Leftovers over Chople berry, because we have Amoonguss for Fighting Types.

530-2.png

Rupe (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor

Ah, Excadrill, always sweeping and making all my victorys too easy. First off, Earthquake is a must. 100 base power, STAB, my god.. and with Excadrill's beastly attack stat? It must be Christmas. Rock Slide is for hitting Flying type Pokes that cant get hit by Earthquake. Swords Dance is, well.. for making your opponent cry. Literally. +2 Att is nearly 800 with Jolly. X-scissor is for hitting Latias/Celebi/Ludicolo, basically anything that is weak to bug but can live an EQ or Rock Slide. In some situations, +2 X-Scissor KO's Rotom-W around 60%, as Rock Slide doesn't. But that is totally situational, and we have an Amoonguss, so it wouldn't be worth the risk. Life Orb over Air Baloon in this case. Since we have Skarmory, we don't need to worry about opposing Excadrill's. And since we ar eusing Jolly Drill, Life Orb makes up for the loss in Attack. EV's are for maximum Speed and Attack.

227.png

Dark Desire (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This is the final member of our team. Pretty Standard set. Not much to say but a few things. The Speed investment in Skarmory is for outspeeding SubSeed Breloom, and OHKO'ing with Brave Bird. Spikes are for Hazards. roost provides Quick HP's recovery when needed, and can stall out pokemon with the sand damage if needed. Whirlwind thrashs out Baton Passer's, Set-up's, and continues the Hazard progress. Brave bird is just so Taunters can't fully stop you, and It's a pretty dang powerfull attack. 120 Base Power, STAB, although it does recoil, you can easily get it back with Roost. This can help kill-off a 35% BulkyToed. Oh, and least I forget, Shed Shell is recomended here as well over Leftovers. Since Skarmory has Roost, a fast efficent way to recover lost HP's, Shed shell can help escape Magnezone, and Chandelure, and either Trap Chandelure with Tyranitar, or switch into Excadrill on Magnezone. EV's are for max possible Bulk and Defense, as well as that 28speed for SubSeed Loom. Sturdy is recomended too. If it comes to a situation where all you have left is skarmory and another poke that will get killed by apposing enemy, (although this is situational) It's the best Abillity Skarmory has to offer. Then you can just Brave bird it. Infernape for an example on that.

~As a Conclusion~

You are welcome to use the team as desired, please be respectful and give me all credibility though.

~Exportable~

Kamina (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Encore

Slant (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Crunch

Rupe (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor

Dark Desire (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skwayz (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Sprite (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Edited by Chemical

Although I have to be brutally honest and say this team is like Cliché Pokémon All-Stars, I really like this team.

• Double status on Amoonguss is nice. Gives it an actual use after Sleep Clause. That and Clear Smog is an excellent choice for Reborn's meta.
  • Draco Meteor on Specs Kingdra when you have Dragon Pulse? Kind of a risky choice, but I understand the basis for it.
  • Stealth Rock allows the opponent to send out Magnezone and own Skarmory in one hit. Perhaps you'd like a spinner for Skarmory, but looking at the rest of the team, that's not too necessary I guess.

Overall, fantastic team for a boring Pokémon selection. :) 10/10

Please Give More Discription About Politoed. Please Then I will Rate

And one thing you can use Iron Head on Excradill instead of X-scissor

You Already Have Pursuit so why you are running Crunch ? Use Crunch or Pursuit One thing and Replace One Move with Stone Edge.

Edited by Unknown Guy

You Already Have Pursuit so why you are running Crunch ? Use Crunch or Pursuit One thing and Replace One Move with Stone Edge.

I explained my choice for Crunch in the explanation. What left is there to say about Politoed? I covered everything about him. It's just a generic set, there isn't much to say but explain how it works?

I also thought of useing Iron head since it is STAB, and can possibly flinch. But X-scissor hit's what breaks my team's sweeping possibility. I cannot souly worry about Excadrill, I need to think about the rest of the team. Thanks for the ideas.

Dub dub dub dub dub dub LOUDRED

All right german bitch, your english is even worse than mine. Team is op as fuck cuz yeah, wynot

Otherwise, you should describe the nicks. Like me being the best and broken mon ever of your team. And dd basically sucking.

I''d still go gene>skarm cuz yeah, scarf mon with momentum are cool with dual weather.

Oh and yeah u sucklololololollolollolololo

Dubdubdubdub

Although I have to be brutally honest and say this team is like Cliché Pokémon All-Stars, I really like this team.

• Double status on Amoonguss is nice. Gives it an actual use after Sleep Clause. That and Clear Smog is an excellent choice for Reborn's meta.
  • Draco Meteor on Specs Kingdra when you have Dragon Pulse? Kind of a risky choice, but I understand the basis for it.
  • Stealth Rock allows the opponent to send out Magnezone and own Skarmory in one hit. Perhaps you'd like a spinner for Skarmory, but looking at the rest of the team, that's not too necessary I guess.

Overall, fantastic team for a boring Pokémon selection. :) 10/10

Draco meteor is risky? It's just for pure power. As like a Specs Latios would do, and then also have Dragon pulse. It's for sweeping so you don't have to lose your SpAtt after the hit. And I'm confuse about the Magnezone Skarmory thing? I have Shed Shell on Skarmory, which allows me to switch out from pokemons that trap it. Like Magnet Pull or Shadow Tag. I also explained this in Skarmory's desricption. Thank you for the rate, I appreicate it. :]

Dub dub dub dub dub dub LOUDRED

All right german bitch, your english is even worse than mine. Team is op as fuck cuz yeah, wynot

Otherwise, you should describe the nicks. Like me being the best and broken mon ever of your team. And dd basically sucking.

I''d still go gene>skarm cuz yeah, scarf mon with momentum are cool with dual weather.

Dubdubdubdub

It's rate my TEAM, not nicks. xD Gene > Skarm? Nope. Needs more defensive to stop excadrill and garchomp. Otherwise I be sweep. Ty Skawayz Ilu <3

Hey Hucking ;]

As you already know, this is a really solid team, really original and can still cover a lot of threats, which is really neat. I also really like the use of Ttar and toed, never considered Roar before either.

I have a few suggestions:

Excadrill: Try Shadow Claw > X-Scissor ?

With Shadow Claw you can kill 100% HP Gengar which seems like it can be a big threat to your team if it obtains a free sub on the switch out. You can still kill off the Lati twins as reliably as X-Scissor and practically everything else X-Scissor kills (save for celebi, I don't know how big a threat that is to you considering you have Ttar and Amoonguss)

Kingdra: Try Sleep Talk / Signal Beam > Ice Beam ?

I have no idea who you sac off to Spore and the kind, but I think Sleep talk will be a better asset to your Kingdra's moveset than Ice beam, because it practically hits nothing that Draco Meteor and Surf don't hit. Signal Beam can be used if Celebi is an issue, which it shouldn't be.

Amoonguss: 28 SP atk. Evs

This is so you can still break Keldeo's substitutes when he has 2 Calm Minds under his belt, and Keldeo looks like it can be a big threat behind a sub. I don't know how you want to alter the EVs, maybe take them out of SP Defence?

Btw I love the use of encore on politoed so you can get a free switch into anything you like.

Love the team c:, have a nice day.

Hey Hucking ;]

As you already know, this is a really solid team, really original and can still cover a lot of threats, which is really neat. I also really like the use of Ttar and toed, never considered Roar before either.

I have a few suggestions:

Excadrill: Try Shadow Claw > X-Scissor ?

With Shadow Claw you can kill 100% HP Gengar which seems like it can be a big threat to your team if it obtains a free sub on the switch out. You can still kill off the Lati twins as reliably as X-Scissor and practically everything else X-Scissor kills (save for celebi, I don't know how big a threat that is to you considering you have Ttar and Amoonguss)

Kingdra: Try Sleep Talk / Signal Beam > Ice Beam ?

I have no idea who you sac off to Spore and the kind, but I think Sleep talk will be a better asset to your Kingdra's moveset than Ice beam, because it practically hits nothing that Draco Meteor and Surf don't hit. Signal Beam can be used if Celebi is an issue, which it shouldn't be.

Amoonguss: 28 SP atk. Evs

This is so you can still break Keldeo's substitutes when he has 2 Calm Minds under his belt, and Keldeo looks like it can be a big threat behind a sub. I don't know how you want to alter the EVs, maybe take them out of SP Defence?

Btw I love the use of encore on politoed so you can get a free switch into anything you like.

Love the team c:, have a nice day.

I have never thought of Shadow Claw to be quite honest. It still hits all the things X-scissor did, and also Gengar. I will be sure to try this one out. I was thinking about SleepTalk before, for switching into Spores, but usually I just put Skarmory or Politoed asleep as they are the ones who do the least on the team. And then Amoonguss can just deal with the Breloom. Ice Beam is mainly for apposing Amoonguss, as surf and Draco do nothing to him. I never really run into Keldeo's, let alone a Sub set one, but you're right on that case. The SpDeff was for living a few hits from a few certain mons, but the SpAtt helps more than the SpDef. And I will be sure to switch this. Thank you for your rate and Ideas, you have been a good help. =]

Yeah i'll ninja more post ciz i wanna go 100 hundred. Anyway, skarm just break the whole momentum thing.

You can go with u-turn gliscor over it, with taunt for exemple. It'd just help you bring th weather up. Lost spikes but meh.

Skarm keeps the momentum on the Defensive side of the jist. And as I said a +2 Dragonite/Garchomp can destroy Gliscor, and then I have nothing for them.

Draco meteor is risky? It's just for pure power. As like a Specs Latios would do, and then also have Dragon pulse. It's for sweeping so you don't have to lose your SpAtt after the hit. And I'm confuse about the Magnezone Skarmory thing? I have Shed Shell on Skarmory, which allows me to switch out from pokemons that trap it. Like Magnet Pull or Shadow Tag. I also explained this in Skarmory's desricption. Thank you for the rate, I appreicate it. :]

Oops, I derped. I was only quickly reading this as I was busy. Yeah, Shed Shell is awesome on Skarmory.

If you wanna keep skarm, but meh.

Why a defensive ammonguss then ? If you got skarm, it should be enough :o

Must go to 100th post

Amoonguss is best with defense over SpDeff, it can live thingsl ike Excadrill Garchomp and Tyranitar, just a few :]

Learn to use the god damn edit button.

Also, yeah it's dual weather, but it's a very basic dual weather concept. Owen's Sun team would have a field day with you.

I'd rate it higher if you made it less black/white.

7/10

Yeah and there's a fucking edit button dick

And lol UG, don't post.

Yeah i'll ninja more post ciz i wanna go 100 hundred. Anyway, skarm just break the whole momentum thing.

You can go with u-turn gliscor over it, with taunt for exemple. It'd just help you bring th weather up. Lost spikes but meh.

You do know the rules of the server are the same on the forum. Even if you didn't know that I'm still gonna ask this rhetorical question, Why do you feel the need to post such a rude comment ? If you have nothing nice to say about anything in this post you should keep your opinion to yourself. To also add insult to injury you're grammar is actually worse than Hucking's. I find it sad that you wanna call someone out on their grammatical skills when yours is mediocre at best.

Oh by the way congrats on hitting 100 posts your pointless achievement will be noted in Reborn's history books