New Game, "Old" computer

KingRyan

Hey guys, long time no speak. KingRyan back from the dead, I need some hardware/software advice about this game. I loved pokemon reborn when I first found it like 4-5 years ago, back when it was still episode....12/13? and have played the heck out of it back then when I still could. But for about the past 1-2 years sadly my pc has gone to Sh*te and I have resorted to using my MacBook for everything, including video games. 

And now I love this game, even on the massive development down times, I would play and try to discover every spare secret thrown in the game, just b/c I loved the immersion. I even did some morally questionable things to deeper explore the Easter eggs. (More about that in my profile, if you're interested.) 

But now my problem is this: I have the wine simulator, and can play pokemon reborn on my Mac, and I still have episode 16 as my latest. But now I see that episode 17 is out, but whenever I try to play pokemon reborn on my Mac it's always super laggy and crashes a lot, and I don't think I have found all of the secret/interesting things yet in episode 16, so I am hesitant to upgrade to the new episode, but I do want to see what new story Ame has thrown in here, but I wanna be able to enjoy it, instead of walk 5 feet, and then my game crashes. 

So down to the point, I guess my questions are:

- Why is the game for episode 16 so laggy? is it b/c I am on a Mac or does this happen for everyone regardless?

If Yes          - Is there anything I can do as a Mac user to help my game runner smoother? 

If No.          - Would waiting till I get my gaming PC be worth it to finish exploring episode 16? or help the game run smoother in general? 

- Without spoiling the story, how GOOD is episode 17's story telling and content? Is it worth it to move on? does anything really cool or important get left behind from episode 16? 

Thx, Hugs

King Ryan

I don't know if it's worse in mac, but lag is a common problem (not as bad as you describe it, though), but I guess that if you are going to get a good computer it should run smoothly. Meanwhile to minimize the lag you can try not running any other programs while playing and disabling the in-battle animations (battle scene off).

22 minutes ago, KingRyan said:

Without spoiling the story, how GOOD is episode 17's story telling and content? Is it worth it to move on? does anything really cool or important get left behind from episode 16?

This is a tricky question since it depends a lot on what you did in earlier episodes. Did you battle Taka in the WTC? If so then this episode is kind of empty and not a lot of interesting things happen, but if you didn't then a lot of things happen. I'd personally say that it's worth anyways because of all the new areas have to offer, but if the lag is really really bad you should wait just because you'll enjoy it much more.

i.....honestly don't remember if I battled him or not. it's been such a long time. but I think I will wait until I can get my computer. assuming Ame doesn't pump out episode 18 in like.....5 months.