How tough was the battle against Titania?

Zander

On 1/16/2018 at 1:03 PM, Zander said:

Lol which one?

I used the goodness that is Araquanid.  Using only liquidation, stockpile, and rain dance. Oh and a bunch of potions for extra strong things.  Basically; Mass spammed stockpile until I was 6/6 in both defenses. Rain danced, and just spammed liquidation.  It has a base of 85 I believe, doubled into 170, then stab is calculated, meaning it skyrockets up to 255, plus the rain boost, the base damage of Liquidation is now a staggering 385.  Then stacking my high attack IV in, then my maxed attack evs in.. you get the idea. Nothing lived, everything died without doing much damage.

Edited by theMrFluffyPants

1 hour ago, theMrFluffyPants said:

I used the goodness that is Araquanid.  Using only liquidation, stockpile, and rain dance. Oh and a bunch of potions for extra strong things.  Basically; Mass spammed stockpile until I was 6/6 in both defenses. Rain danced, and just spammed liquidation.  It has a base of 85 I believe, doubled into 170, then stab is calculated, meaning it skyrockets up to 255, plus the rain boost, the base damage of Liquidation is now a staggering 385.  Then stacking my high attack IV in, then my maxed attack evs in.. you get the idea. Nothing lived, everything died without doing much damage.

you can't stockpile into 6/6.

16 hours ago, theMrFluffyPants said:

Yeah, you can't stockpile 6 times. 3 is the limit. Base 85 plus stab is probably 120. That doubled in rain is 240. No other boosts. But yeah your attack stat and ivs helped. I'm wondering how did you outspeed her pokemon? I think her pokemon were all really fast. Also does rain dance change the field or just add rain? Because steel moves would have hit Araquanid like a truck. You must have used some other pokemon as support, right? 

46 minutes ago, Zander said:

Yeah, you can't stockpile 6 times. 3 is the limit. Base 85 plus stab is probably 120. That doubled in rain is 240. No other boosts. But yeah your attack stat and ivs helped. I'm wondering how did you outspeed her pokemon? I think her pokemon were all really fast. Also does rain dance change the field or just add rain? Because steel moves would have hit Araquanid like a truck. You must have used some other pokemon as support, right? 

Been a while, I must've used x defenses or something. But, Araquanid has water bubble. It doubles the base water attacks, which is actually calculated before the stab. I really didn't need to outspeed her pokemon. Araquanid is a decent tank, I just had to tank a little and keep myself high enough in defenses to stay alive.  So, what happened was, I sent out araquanid, let it take a hit while buffing my defenses. Don't remember, but I think I may have healed, but it just on with tanking and getting my stockpile up. I don't particularly know if I used the stat boosting items, but I was able to tank a hit from most of her pokemon.