The Road We Travel...

TwilightCoda

Good morning, everyone.

I've been away from this game for some time, but have been lurking on this site, watching the development unfold. I have a question: as of now (Episode 17), how close is the story to being fully implemented? I understand that the full game will be about 20 Episodes, but I don't want to jump back into playing and get hooked, only to find that I'm still a good ways away from the "final showdown", so to speak. For reference, my file is saved right at the beginning of Episode 10, I believe;

Spoiler

right after you witness the fight between the Steelix and Lin from the lake-house.

Spoiler

There should be 19 episodes, with E18 covering the second-to-last gym and presumably a good chunk of story, and E19 covering the last gym, the E4 and post-game content.

Since E17 has just been released, don't expect E18 to be there anytime soon. That said, you already have a lot of room to play, explore and have fun between Noel and the current last leader.

These last few episodes took a long time to make, each for various reasons. The upcomming (last) 2 episodes will have a lot of story since charater arcs will come to an end, sidestory's will come to their conclusion and of course the big finale in episode 19 (not to mention the elite 4 and all the postgame of which there will probably be a lot). So I'm guessing the complete game might come out in 2019 or even 2020, Despite the fact we nearly have all badges. In the end, it's up to you if you can hold out on playing for so long, but if I were you I'd just keep on playing and possibly start a new safe file when the game is completed. (After all I want to get the "secret" ending).

Edited by Just2Reborn

7 minutes ago, Chameleon109 said:

Secret ending?

Amethyst said a while ago that there would be two endings, the "normal" one and other more "complete" that had more things than the former, and to get the latter we had to make the right choices but we don't know more than that.