Suggestions for interesting/uncommon builds

BigShotJoe

I was wondering what kind of creative, uncommon, gimmicky, or otherwise interesting builds for teams and individual Pokemon you guys can come up with. This includes any and all ideas for any kind of team (field-based, roleplay, monotype, etc...). Let's see what you kind of stuff you guys can come up with. 

I used to run Bulldoze Azu on fairy monotype teams. The zane later changed toLO Wild Charge Tapu Koko. but the peak has to be my old MGGA (Make Granbull Great Again) Team, which was a fairy mono I used at the end of gen 6, using mega gardevoir and banded intimidate granbull. cuz it was a nice scizor check

Sap sipper banded Azu with ice punch. You send it in on Mega Sceptile, they think you're trying to sack so they leaf storm only to get OHKOed by banded ice punch.

Also prankster Riolu with copy cat and roar. You set up hazards beforehand, send out Riolu on anything you can get a roar off on, then copy cat to get infinite (or 32 technically) priority roars so the opponent keeps taking hazard damage. Obviously if they have a priority move they can break this strat but you could still do a lot of damage until their priority mon gets dragged out or something dies since they can't switch to it.

And of course the classic lvl 1 Aron with shell bell, sturdy, endeavor and hp rock. This works well with sandstorm up but even without it, you can take a hit, endeavor to get them to 1 hp and heal yourself up with the shell bell. Then just hp rock for the kill. Priority can't stop you from getting your kill but multiple attacking moves and hazards break the strat. If everything goes perfectly with sandstorm, you can sweep their entire team with this strat.

Another variation is Magnemite with Berry juice, recycle, sturdy and toxic. You toxic turn one, live with sturdy and heal up with berry juice. Next turn you live another hit with sturdy and recycle your berry juice to end up at max hp again. You keep doing this until they die from toxic or switch out and repeat.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Gheist said:

Sap sipper banded Azu with ice punch. You send it in on Mega Sceptile, they think you're trying to sack so they leaf storm only to get OHKOed by banded ice punch.

Also prankster Riolu with copy cat and roar. You set up hazards beforehand, send out Riolu on anything you can get a roar off on, then copy cat to get infinite (or 32 technically) priority roars so the opponent keeps taking hazard damage. Obviously if they have a priority move they can break this strat but you could still do a lot of damage until their priority mon gets dragged out or something dies since they can't switch to it.

And of course the classic lvl 1 Aron with shell bell, sturdy, endeavor and hp rock. This works well with sandstorm up but even without it, you can take a hit, endeavor to get them to 1 hp and heal yourself up with the shell bell. Then just hp rock for the kill. Priority can't stop you from getting your kill but multiple attacking moves and hazards break the strat. If everything goes perfectly with sandstorm, you can sweep their entire team with this strat.

Another variation is Magnemite with Berry juice, recycle, sturdy and toxic. You toxic turn one, live with sturdy and heal up with berry juice. Next turn you live another hit with sturdy and recycle your berry juice to end up at max hp again. You keep doing this until they die from toxic or switch out and repeat.

I really like the Riolu idea. I'll have to try that some time. Should be great fun.

4 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

I really like the Riolu idea. I'll have to try that some time. Should be great fun.

It might not be very good in this meta because of Greninja but I used to run max hp max def with a focus sash and a rapid spinner to ensure I get the roar off. If they do end up with something like a Scizor out on the field, you can regular roar that turn to tank the BP then keep copy catting. You can still live 1 water shuriken from specs Greninja if it's not in Ash form but I think Evolite with some investment in Spdef might be better in this meta. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Candy said:

What about setting up field effects since it's Reborn?

For instance I know electric terrain, misty terrain and rainbow field can be crafted and can be useful if you're prepared :P

My primary team is based around the Rainbow Field and I haven't lost a single battle in multiplayer. That said, I would love to see more craftable fields because Rainbow is by far the best and most useful which can make battles pretty one-sided if the other team is prepared. I'd love to see moves that can cause a Glitch Field, in particular. That'd be a fun one to play with as a team based around it would be high risk/reward.