V9 - Save File Troubleshooting

Jan

Hello. I also have suffered from the character gender glitch. I had the male, dark-skinned character and it turned to Marianette after the library event... What should I do? I guess I'll keep progressing in the game until a new patch is posted...

EDIT

I found a short term solution on a youtube comment, but it didn't work for me. Maybe it will for you.

"Pretty much what happens is that the game changes to the default avatar (the boy with green hair and the hat). Easiest way to fix it is to switch the names of all the sprite files so the character you had been using becomes the default. So you would go into the GRAPHICS folder then into CHARACTERS. Then you would just switch the names of the files relevant to the default character which you turned into, and the character you want to be (the black guy). For example, if the name for one of the sprites sheets of default character (the guy you turned into) is named "boy_bike00" and the sprite sheet of the black guy is "boy_bike02", you would just switch the names so the latter is now named "boy_bike00" and vice versa. Another example is if one sprite sheet of the default is "tr_char00" and your former sprite is named "trchar02". You just switch the names, simple. You have to make sure you do this with every sprite sheet for every action though (such as biking, surfing, running) otherwise you'll switch between sprites everytime you do one of these actions. Most of the sprite sheets you'll have to rename in the CHARACTERS folder will start with either "boy" or "tr_char" but dont miss any of them. Also, during the final battle the glitch will temporarily "fix" itself so if you do this before the final battle, you'll once again turn into the (original) default sprite (the green haired boy with the hat). But after the battle the sprites should change back again."

Game.rxdata

Edited by Honduran Hammer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Honduran Hammer said:

Hello. I also have suffered from the character gender glitch. I had the male, dark-skinned character and it turned to Marianette after the library event... What should I do? I guess I'll keep progressing in the game until a new patch is posted...

EDIT

I found a short term solution on a youtube comment, but it didn't work for me. Maybe it will for you.

"Pretty much what happens is that the game changes to the default avatar (the boy with green hair and the hat). Easiest way to fix it is to switch the names of all the sprite files so the character you had been using becomes the default. So you would go into the GRAPHICS folder then into CHARACTERS. Then you would just switch the names of the files relevant to the default character which you turned into, and the character you want to be (the black guy). For example, if the name for one of the sprites sheets of default character (the guy you turned into) is named "boy_bike00" and the sprite sheet of the black guy is "boy_bike02", you would just switch the names so the latter is now named "boy_bike00" and vice versa. Another example is if one sprite sheet of the default is "tr_char00" and your former sprite is named "trchar02". You just switch the names, simple. You have to make sure you do this with every sprite sheet for every action though (such as biking, surfing, running) otherwise you'll switch between sprites everytime you do one of these actions. Most of the sprite sheets you'll have to rename in the CHARACTERS folder will start with either "boy" or "tr_char" but dont miss any of them. Also, during the final battle the glitch will temporarily "fix" itself so if you do this before the final battle, you'll once again turn into the (original) default sprite (the green haired boy with the hat). But after the battle the sprites should change back again."

Game.rxdata

That probably only works if your character turned into the white dude. At least for me it didn't work out cos I turned into Marianette also. 

Really help someone can help us out fast :D

On 8/24/2017 at 11:38 PM, TharTV said:

So like many other people, my character (Axel) has also transformed into Maria(nette) after the Emma library event. I've looked high and low but couldn't find any solution for this on the forum, so could anyone fix this please? :) 
Game.rxdata

Just in case I've also uploaded the save file of slightly before the library event. 
GamePreLib.rxdata

Game.rxdata

On 8/28/2017 at 2:04 PM, DanTRW said:

When I started the roggenrola quest at Kakori Village after the triggered event of the anti-help grunt the game won't respond to any command except quicksaving

halp

pls

Game.rxdata

Game.rxdata

On 8/28/2017 at 7:36 PM, Chargers78 said:

I'm kind of stuck at a mankey tree in akora forest. Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Game.rxdata

Game.rxdata

12 hours ago, Honduran Hammer said:

EDIT

Game.rxdata

Game.rxdata

46 minutes ago, SuperSody said:

Hi, my save file left me stuck at Marionette's Mansion after saving the soul of Luca. I enter the game with Maria's diolouge then an error window shows up and I'm booted from the game. Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Game.rxdata

patch zour game

Random Noob Njab,

My game is patched. I got the latest version (Patch [10] 6-23-17). I was watching Shofu (youtuber) and his playthrough, and he suffered the same problem--although he turned into the white character with the green hat. Must be some coding error or something. Guess I'll have to play as Marianette for a while...

Edited by Honduran Hammer

11 hours ago, Honduran Hammer said:

Random Noob Njab,

My game is patched. I got the latest version (Patch [10] 6-23-17). I was watching Shofu (youtuber) and his playthrough, and he suffered the same problem--although he turned into the white character with the green hat. Must be some coding error or something. Guess I'll have to play as Marianette for a while...

your save file was fixed..

@junaid

guys, when the risa raider meets us at central building for the first time when she tries to talk with the rodeo guy game gets freeze i did tried patch 10 again but is not helpin  me

upload your save file

@Rustxz

I am stuck at the kyogre scene after i defeated it and i accidentally saved the file and unable to interact or move at all , i am using the patch 10 .

Game.rxdata

patch zour game and interactz with kzogre in the middle

@Jackass

Game.rxdata

@dolugecat

Game.rxdata

@SkiesofStars

can't find your save file

yoyoyo my dudes,

don't know if anyone else is having this issue but after melia and venam have their little dialogue on the roof, i can't initiate the next event.

i'm told you're supposed to have a talk with venam inside tesla's villa after melia flies away but she's no where within the villa, i've flown over to valor mountain as well but to no avail.

but in any case, venam still vanishes completely from inside the villa and i can't continue with the story

edit: fixed i patched wrongly lol

Edited by Phoseidon

7 minutes ago, Bow said:

I need help. I am stuck at Sheridan Village. The Sensai will not talk to me. I tried updating the patch and it is still now working. Please help. Here is my save file

Game.rxdata

You are standing too close.Just try to get out the house and Sensai will start taking.

I'm sorry if this is a bother..But I got the Valor mountain bug where I can't progress the game.The Grunt won't show up and I've already viewed the Melia scene.I also dunno how to go back to previous versions to fix the bug. If you have the time to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance and I can't wait to get playing again because I reely like the game

Game.rxdata

Edited by HyPeople

20 minutes ago, dolugecat said:

I'm stuck at the gym where texen took over. I think the weight system for the statues isn't working (or I'm just extremely stupid). Can't progress, not sure if this is a bug or just my save file or my stupidity. Here is a screen shot of the problem.  Please help!

Game.rxdata

2017-09-04.png

Did you press the Red button thing after the buttons on the left turn green?