Ideas for guilds and side questing

ssbCasper

Hey everyone. One of the features that we are going to implement is guilds which originally came from the clubs in Zeta/Omnicron. They will act as a way for the player to obtain items and special Pokémon in side quest. Here are the ones I've come up with so far, any additional ones you guys can think of would be appreciated. 

Exploers Guild: Explores uncharted areas in search of rare items and Pokémon 

Monks Guild: Located on a mountain range they strive for enlightenment 

Magic Guild: Dealing in the dark arts of the Pokémon Wolrd their goal is to create a new type 

Research Guild: A branch of the region's tech giant N.G Power who's research is top secret

Rangers Guild: Saves Pokemon and preserves the environment 

Police Guild: Located in the capital they are the special forces of the police force handling the most serious cases 

Edited by ssbCasper

These are pretty cool ideas.

If that's a direction you're willing to go into, you could add some less than reputable guilds like a 'Thieves Guild', which could be involved in stealing pokémons from wealthy citizens (sort of like Teams Aqua and Magma from Reborn).

Or some research group whose goal would be to use technology to enhance pokémon's abilities. This one could be interesting as it would be morally gray, with some members wanting only to improve people's daily life without harming anyone, and others willing to do anything to unlock more hidden potential (like Colress from B&W2).

This may sound odd, but I think joining some guilds would lock you out of others. Getting involved with a dubious research guild may cause the Rangers to doubt your resolve to saving Pokémon and refuse you, for example. This would force players to reflect upon which allegiances they want make, and which legendaries are worth going after. Something like this would feel more realistic and would also increase replay-ability. 

Just my 2 cents, of course. 

On 9/25/2017 at 1:50 PM, ssbCasper said:

@Star Arcana I really like this idea. Although most people want to have the ability to catch all Pokemon in one run it will add reputability and emphasize that choices matter. 

You could still make it possible to get them all in one run, for those completionists out there, you could just make the ones they "missed out" on very late-game or even post-game. 

I've always thought you should get cooler rewards for filling out the pokedex. Maybe there is a guild/club or even just a single person (pokemaniac?) that is obsessed with collecting, and so as you show them a more and more completed pokedex, they take you on sidequests to new areas where you can find cool stuff. ALSO I think a Breeders guild would be awesome. Maybe you can trade for high IV pokemon (if you have a high IV pokemon to trade) and maybe to gain entrance you have to show them a pokemon with an IV total over a certain number. etc. 

How about an alchemy guild? They would research how to turn stone into gold and would try to find the secret of immortality... You can connect them with legendary pokemon since basically they are immortal and can be great research subjects for that reason :)

I don't know if you want to touch such concepts. I just mention this since you are already planing to add a magic guild utilizing dark arts.