My (quite big) roster. In need of feedback and suggestions for new additions!

Gast

Hey guys,
This is my first post on the site (yoohoo). I've been playing reborn since ep14 (started playing just a couple of months before ep15 came out). Coming from the official games,playing reborn was quite the step up but in the end i managed and found out that even with mediocre IVs, bad spread of EVs and mediocre movesets you could win with a solid team configuration. So i beat all the content up until the end of ep15 with just 8 pokemon. Then the looong hiatus till ep16 came around so every couple of months or so, or when i felt the craving, i'd pick reborn up again and level a few pokemon that i deemed are worth it. This kept on going until the end of ep16 when i took a long brake from reborn. Recently i found myself having quite a lot of free time so i went back to my habit of leveling pokemon but with the added bonus of fixing most of my roster's movesets, EVs, natures and breeding the new additions (for moves/IVs) instead of straight up leveling them. Long story short (too late i know), i am out of ideas for new additions - wondertrade doesnt help much, although i got some very nice additions through it -  and i'd like the community to propose worthy pokemon to add.

PS. The bottom row of box4 are the utility pokemon and Hm slaves, not actual team members. I also have a Crobat which currently resides on my party all alone at the time of these screenshots.

grp1.JPG

grp2.JPG

Edited by Gast

You already have an impressive roster indeed. That's more than enough to overcome whatever the game may throw at you, but you could go for a Sheer Force Nidoking/queen next.

I'm also seeing Leafeon and Jolteon but not the other eeveelutions. Some of them aren't very useful (cough Flareon cough) but others like Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon might be worth training.

Speed Boost Scolipede with Protect is useful to outspeed anything that needs to be outsped.

Let's add in a personal favorite of mine, Clawitzer, and that's pretty much the suggestions I can think of atm.

Clawitzer you say, hmm. That's a pokemon that i've never tried before, i bet it would atleast be interesting. Also no idea how i didnt think of sheer force nido.. Pretty sad that we dont have access to ice beam yet for coverage.
Thanks for the suggestions!

3 hours ago, Gast said:

Clawitzer you say, hmm. That's a pokemon that i've never tried before, i bet it would atleast be interesting. Also no idea how i didnt think of sheer force nido.. Pretty sad that we dont have access to ice beam yet for coverage.

You're welcome. Clawitzer isn't a game breaking mon or anything, but he does provide good coverage with his moves that are boosted by Megalauncher: Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere.

A STAB, Megalauncher-boosted, item-boosted Water Pulse can hit very hard.

4 hours ago, Gast said:

We don't have Ice Beam, but assuming full/no EVs and equal IVs in either offensive stat, Ice Punch just barely hits for less. Surf is good temporary coverage too, and Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes can be used for utility.

15 hours ago, Alistair said:

You're welcome. Clawitzer isn't a game breaking mon or anything, but he does provide good coverage with his moves that are boosted by Megalauncher: Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere.

Yeah, that's the moveset i was thinking about. Seems pretty good, although i am not so sure about Dragon Pulse, most dragon type moves are meh without STAB.

15 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

We don't have Ice Beam, but assuming full/no EVs and equal IVs in either offensive stat, Ice Punch just barely hits for less. Surf is good temporary coverage too, and Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes can be used for utility.

Really? With that 15base power difference (between Beam and Punch) and with a SpAttacker using Punch i would have thought otherwise. Good to know though, thanks

1 hour ago, Gast said:

Yeah, that's the moveset i was thinking about. Seems pretty good, although i am not so sure about Dragon Pulse, most dragon type moves are meh without STAB.

Oh no, I was just listing the interesting moves it has that are boosted by the ability, but I don't advise using all 4. Water Pulse is obvious, but I think you should pick only 1 or 2 of the 3 others, depending on what your consider more beneficial. Rounding up its movepool with Ice Beam would be ideal but alas we don't have access to the TM for now.

5 hours ago, Gast said:

Really? With that 15base power difference (between Beam and Punch) and with a SpAttacker using Punch i would have thought otherwise. Good to know though, thanks

0 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / SpD Arceus: 82-97

0 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 81-95

Yeah, I was surprised too, in all honesty, since most of the time people talk about it as a special attacker. Having base 102 attack compared to 85 special attack makes a huge difference, though.