West Gearen Help Plaza Egg Reward?

Rayschrantz

So I'm getting ready to start my first playthrough and I noticed in the location guide that you can get another starter through the West Gearen Help Plaza based on which type you choose. How does that work? Is it predetermined in the save file like the mystery egg? I read in a different post that you input some code to choose which starter egg you get, is that true? Is it possible to soft reset to get the starter you want or the stats you want?

26 minutes ago, Rayschrantz said:

Will the egg always be a starter or is there only a chance it will be a starter?

Always a starter and always the same type per save (chosen depending on what starter type you chose----not sure how it handles picking a jackpot starter though)

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Always a starter and always the same type per save (chosen depending on what starter type you chose----not sure how it handles picking a jackpot starter though)

The location guide says

Jackpot = Fire Starter

Water =Fire Starter

Fire = Grass Starter

Grass = Water Starter

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CinnamonSean said:

Where is west gearen located?

Umm its located to west side of East Gearen. If you remember when you would have started the game , when you wandered off ,you would have definitely encountered 2 guys blocking a bridge saying you are not strong enough to go to that side as very strong trainers only reside in that area after bridge. 
Well that is where West Gearen is!